Lemon's 2013 new build

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Unique looking shrimp!

Are they all living in your refugium?!?!

Or are you intending to keep non-shrimp safe species in your DT?

yes all in my refugium.

these shrimps are peaceful commensal species that do not move much. each one will stay on a coral they fancy and just "dance" around it. sometimes they exchange places. i'm at my max already almost, in terms of the number of shrimps in my nano. but there's no more that i can think of to keep. so for now it's all good.

i only have one shrimp in my DT and it's on an anemone. it's ok in the DT if they are anemone/coral shrimps. they stay on the coral and will not go missing. free ranging shrimps like sexies and other small shrimps will just get eaten or MIA. i want to keep Bodianus, so none of these will survive in DT.

nice!! see ur refugium already wet!!! :score::score: :score:

Cant image how wet when seeing ur DT!!!!!

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• Senior Reefer

Lemon is waiting for mega shipment only!

I thought the crosshatch pair belongs to you:D

Hahaha

i do like crosshatch but i do not have a tank big enough. the beauty of open water column feeding triggers like crosshatch and goldenbacks must be appreciated in a lage and long tank.

Nice corals and excellent photography skills. I really wish my photos can be 10% as good as yours as I'm using DSLR and marco len. Still CMI.

I'm also still learning how to use the DSLR. my brother is a much more accomplished photographer than me in this field.

• Senior Reefer

Hi bro, what is the name of the green leaf algae and is it easy to grow?

Hi,

the green leaf algae is not an algae, but a marine plant with root systems and everything.

it is oval leaf seagrass, Halophila sp. Commonly found growing in reef flats and shallow turbid zones. they spread by runners under the sand and the leaf grows upward. this is my first time trying this seagrass and i have no experience yet. we shall see if it survives and grows. some initial die off may be expected as the plant gets its roots acclimated and growing in the sand. best to grow them in a soft silty substrate like miracle mud, or grade 0 sand.

you can get it occasionally from henry.

• Senior Reefer

wow.. beautiful refugium.. refugium so nice liao, DT comfirm tok kong.

Will post a FTS next weekend.

it may seem like i've been focusing more on my nano/refugium than my display but that's not the case hehe.

• Senior Reefer

just a video on some of my shrimps. these are really very underrated and i highly reccomend them for your tanks. they stay on corals and do not move much and adds so much life to the tank. watch in HD

as requested, FTS of my nano/refugium.

nothing special, just very simple scaping with some soft corals and small LPS. some macro algae here and there.

U r one day late, ha ha juz joking!! Really nice simple nano tank that double up as your refugium. Gd creative idea which I might want to explore in future. Thks.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

just a video on some of my shrimps. these are really very underrated and i highly reccomend them for your tanks. they stay on corals and do not move much and adds so much life to the tank. watch in HD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llxt16EjNWc'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llxt16EjNWc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCnuF2a59sk'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCnuF2a59sk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pr8cKTM8c4'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pr8cKTM8c4
I used to have some of those clapping & dancing shrimps but they didn't survived too long in my tank maybe partly becos I hv a mystery wrasse. Right now I hv a male splendid Leopard wrasse, can i try keeping these shrimps in the same tank as the wrasse?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• Senior Reefer

U r one day late, ha ha juz joking!! Really nice simple nano tank that double up as your refugium. Gd creative idea which I might want to explore in future. Thks.

it's a good concept.

it started out as a refugium but to be honest, it was too small to be of any use for nutrient export. so slowly i just added some cheapo yumas and some lps and slowly it became more like a nano tank. but i do keep a few macroalgae purely for decorative purposes.

this tank is most importantly, an outlet for me to experiment with nano fish. something not possible with my display.

• SRC Member
Hi, the green leaf algae is not an algae, but a marine plant with root systems and everything. it is oval leaf seagrass, Halophila sp. Commonly found growing in reef flats and shallow turbid zones. they spread by runners under the sand and the leaf grows upward. this is my first time trying this seagrass and i have no experience yet. we shall see if it survives and grows. some initial die off may be expected as the plant gets its roots acclimated and growing in the sand. best to grow them in a soft silty substrate like miracle mud, or grade 0 sand. you can get it occasionally from henry.
Thanks bro for your comprehensive reply.

Hi lemon , great to see your back and not to mention your lovely tank.

I was reading in thread 8 of your overflowed filter sock while you we're busy .

I have invested on an ip web cam for like 80 bucks and only 5 mins setup .

Here's a pic of how it looks like and I can help in assisting unto setup if u require my assistance

post-15886-0-03975800-1379380803_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

Hi lemon , great to see your back and not to mention your lovely tank.

I was reading in thread 8 of your overflowed filter sock while you we're busy .

I have invested on an ip web cam for like 80 bucks and only 5 mins setup .

Here's a pic of how it looks like and I can help in assisting unto setup if u require my assistance

that's a gr8 idea! will consider in future. thx for highlighting!

• Like 1