Which species of anthias will feed readily...

Terryz_

I was thinking of getting different anthias for my 4ft tank...

Which species of anthias will eat readily...Thkz...

i bought 5 bi-color anthias from PReef (their recent batch), all of them ate the moment i released them into the tank...

they chiong for the cyclopeeze... (and i mean CHIONG!)

however, they need a lot of time to acclimatise (in the dark). - i kept them in those 'container with holes' before releasing into the main tank... (took several hrs, but end-result was worth it!)

hope it helps...

• SRC Member
Not sure? Then don't keep... Feed so much to them until water also gone case... I need another skimmer soon.

I discover my anthias are getting smaller and smaller each day. :P

Had same scenario as Hon. Dispar don't eat in my tank or do they? :huh:

Tried cyclopeeze, oso cannot. :(

Today, I had tried mysis shrimp which PR used to feed them. Oso didn't eat. :cry2:

I bought it from PR while it still remain in its freight packet. Not like if bought it from their tank which are quite acclimatised.

So how huh <_<

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to rear princess anthias, but wasn't successful...IMHO, it's difficult fish to please

They are ok group of anthias ;););) probably they die out in your tank maybe becos of your tank's livestock or condition... They can easily being out compete by other larger fish or anthias in your tank thus without the food, its just matter of time they waste away.

IMO if you pricess are small, its best only keep them in small group with fishes that are less robust and quiet for example, gobies, or sunburs anthias.