quas111's beast tank 2013

Quas111

• SRC Member

Hi guys, the 4ftx2.5fx2ft is arriving later today within the next hour! Ill make sure its image intensive so watch out ;)

I plan to make it a mix reef tank, with no coral focus in mind. Probably keeping softies, lps, sps, and maybe even nps, and not to forget fishes too!

• SRC Member

Posted Imagethis is the side fts which Justin's (from iwarna) did. (THANKS :D)

Im gonna edit it to my preference amd maybe rescape, and take more photos of it when the water is less cloudy

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Sorry for slow updates! I was very busy cleaning up the mess. More photos:Posted Image this is the sump window. Theres already some macro algae given by iwarna

Posted Image the vertex skimmer. It has been barely 6 hours and the skimmer is already skimming out lots of skimate. Its impressive. I guess thats what you can expect with a german skimmer :P

Posted Image

This is the front sump shot. The cabinet has doors on the front and the back so theres also gonna be a back tank shot. Im sure you can see I am using a 1/4 hailea chiller. I know its pushing the limit for the chiller but I guess its ok for now

Posted Image thats the back sump shot. Theres a fluid reactor running rowaphos and a jebao 9000 pump leading to the main tank, and a smaller pump(idk what brans) leading to the fluid reactor

Posted Image this is the front tank shot. I havent rescaped yet

Posted Image

thats the back tank shot.

• SRC Member

Nice!! Must be super excited!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

Sorry for slow updates! I was very busy cleaning up the mess. More photos:uqyvudu7.jpg this is the sump window. Theres already some macro algae given by iwarna

tu8e9e2u.jpg the vertex skimmer. It has been barely 6 hours and the skimmer is already skimming out lots of skimate. Its impressive. I guess thats what you can expect with a german skimmer :P

uvaryhes.jpg

This is the front sump shot. The cabinet has doors on the front and the back so theres also gonna be a back tank shot. Im sure you can see I am using a 1/4 hailea chiller. I know its pushing the limit for the chiller but I guess its ok for now

ere8usev.jpg thats the back sump shot. Theres a fluid reactor running rowaphos and a jebao 9000 pump leading to the main tank, and a smaller pump(idk what brans) leading to the fluid reactor

nejuha2e.jpg this is the front tank shot. I havent rescaped yet

7ajy3yme.jpg

thats the back tank shot.[/quote

Nice tank, great sump and good skimmer.

Hi guys, the 4ftx2.5fx2ft is arriving later today within the next hour! Ill make sure its image intensive so watch out ;) I plan to make it a mix reef tank, with no coral focus in mind. Probably keeping softies, lps, sps, and maybe even nps, and not to forget fishes too!
That will be a real challenge keeping a mixed reef keeping a vast variety of corals happy. Happy reefing!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Parking here for updates!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:ThanxSmiley: I won't be updating much during the cycle time there's gonna be a wait!

awesome! Cant wait to see it up n running

:thumbsup: Camping here for updates. Planning for this tank size as well.

Ooh haha nice to see another reefer whose gonna make a tank of this size. I haven't seen anyone else with a tank this size :wacko:

Nice!! Must be super excited!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Of course I am :yahoo: It took so long for the tank to be finalized and arrive

:ThanxSmiley: Thanks! I'll probably add more mangrove-type algae to the sump

haha thanks! I'll enjoy... the cycle time a lot...... :whistle

:ThanxSmiley:

Definitely! I like a challenge :thumbsup: and I guess it will be a change from the usual focused tanks lol

:thanks:

err... I'm no sure of the pump I don't see the label but I think it was an ehiem pump :dunno:

• SRC Member

Done! Its not so easy to see what I have done but I hope you get the idea....

Fts:

Posted Image

Bts:

Posted Image

Front close ups:

Posted Image

(The cave)

Posted Image

(The other side)

Posted Image

Back tank shot closeups:

Posted Image

(The back of the cave)

Posted Image

(Back of the hill thing)

Posted Image

I also found this nice little tubeworm who unfortunately wont survive cycling

Posted Image

• SRC Member
Done! Its not so easy to see what I have done but I hope you get the idea.... Fts: a8apegeh.jpg Bts: a3u5anuv.jpg Front close ups: ejytudaq.jpg (The cave) aza5y9ub.jpg (The other side) 7a2e5aza.jpg Back tank shot closeups: ge3yju2y.jpg (The back of the cave) re8ape7y.jpg (Back of the hill thing) 5e7ybyje.jpg I also found this nice little tubeworm who unfortunately wont survive cycling papehy6y.jpg
The cave is nicely done but there will be a dead zone inside. Right side island i notice some rocks are rather near to the glass. That might make cleaning difficult. Just my personal view

• SRC Member

Nice scaping.. many caves n holes for fishes to hide n swim thru.. the concept of 2 islands is wonderful..

Thanks!

Nice scaping ....your skimmer looks powerful

Always so exciting to have a new tank..  congrats bro

Yeah its definitely exciting! Thanks!

I like the scaping, very natural.

Its natural? Wow I didn't notice lol. Thanks!

• SRC Member

The cave is nicely done but there will be a dead zone inside. Right side island i notice some rocks are rather near to the glass. That might make cleaning difficult. Just my personal view

actually I did consider the dead zone in the cave, so I made it such that the water being sucked into the lower chamber. I put sinking food in that area to see if it will trap detritus and it didn't, so im not sure it will still be a problem...

And the area where the rocks are near the wall is accessible by an algae scraper so im fine with cleaning it.

I haven't gotten my wave maker yet if you haven't noticed, so im unsure if the water dynamics would change later. Thanks for the advice though!