Week 3 - 16th to 22th Feb 2004

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Guys, don't brother going to LFS this week. A container carrying so called frozen goodshave been napped by custom, as they uncover a few hundred corals hidden under the boxes right at the bottom boxes.

So don't think about buying anything this week.

Coffeshop - talk from my AVA friend.

Max

• SRC Member
Its in the news last nite. Most LFS should be bringing in legal/Cites LS anyway since the recent crack down.

Give me a break with some common sense........why all the shop so empty? Will AVA crack now on CITES certified corals? -> I must be dumb or someone missing something :erm:

:P Max

• SRC Member

Give me a break with some common sense........why all the shop so empty? Will AVA crack now on CITES certified corals? -> I must be dumb or someone missing something :erm:

:P Max

Stay cool, bro. Frankly, I'm not too sure if most of the LFS are empty. Mainly bcose I only frequent only a couple of them for my stock and I believe they're bringing in their LS legally (hope I'm not wrong tot). <_<

I believe the issue of buying "illegel" LS has been discussed previously, shall not bring it up again. ;)

Cheers

JC

• SRC Member

I've seen those flatfish in parsir ris before.. they look damn cute with those lob-sided eyes.. anyone know what it eats? ..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

Ya. I saw one in Topic Ma**** display tank 2-3 weeks back. Really look like a moth.

dun they look really funny... :lol: .. was thinking of keping one small one but dunno anything about it besides it being a dish.. <_<

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

ML stock update

-bartlett anthias

-blood shrimps

-damsel (not common yellow-tail damsel) (forgot what kind)

-sri lankan scooters

-twin spot sand shifting gobies

-2 pale-red banded gobies

-cleaner wrasse

-tigertail cukes

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

flatfish/flounders are carnivorous fish.

They'll make short work of your shrimps & small fishes. Not reefsafe and needs a large tank with sandy bottoms.

• SRC Member
If shops are all bringing CITES hard coral, expect a price increase of 2-3 times of what you paid for previously.

Cheers!

:angel: Actually the price of LPS & SPS is about the same at the supplier. Infact SPS tend to be cheaper................. The problem on $ mark-up is due to the fact to being able to ship & hold SPS for longterm in most LFS/distributor setup ->imagine the sliming & calcium requirement + lighting to keep alive & colors for long:blink: . So they will need much higher $ to maintain and account for any lost during holding & shipping. BTW, most softies do not need CITES, like mushroom, leather, xenia & etc...... I still feel that bringing in CITES certified corals do not necessary mean higher prices. :huh::D Maybe, volume will determine the freight + CITES apllication cost. -> Well, hope that that this hobby grow big time in S'pore and we have ahuge enough reefer population to sustain bring in large quantities of CITES certified corals. :)

Max :yeah:

• SRC Member

Lots of Indonesian stuff came in on Thursday at CF, but mainly common things I think (still in bags so did not go through them). One nice med size black tang; nice looking tuka anthias; and a few really nice Yasha gobies.....ask Rumor! ;):D

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

WTS Brand New / used equipments. Lights / Wavemakers and Accessories

2. 2

Neptune Bounce Mushroom to Clear

3. 0

Chiller skimmer rock