Tank size: 38" X 48" X 24 "

Lighting : 2 X 250W Hamilton 1400K + 2 X Giesemann T5 54W Actinic C+

Skimmer: Double Beckett

Calcium Reactor

Wavemaker: 2 X Ecotech MP40w

Tank Age: 3 years

Additives: 3ml Vodka daily . BoiDigest 1 vial biweekly

• SRC Member

Omg god!!! Holy sps! Freaking Swee!!!!...Envy you ...Ups!!!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

I had been through all the complicated stuff….the zeovit, the Fauna Marine etc. For my current tank. I decided to do just the basic. My sump is very bare. Nothing fancy.

12691982575_63da224e7d.jpg

12692465944_d1bbbcb7ea.jpg

12692125203_62016d1be5.jpg

12692118253_b130d687ce.jpg

Both the CR and skimmer were by Reef Maniac of Singapore. I am only running 2 out of my 4 Beckett nozzle.

• SRC Member

The back of your DT is mirror?..the 1st few pics show the reflection of ur living spaces? I thought its a 3 sided view tank like divider initially..correct me if I m wrong..cheers

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

This tank is in my working place.

Is a 2 sided view tank. It separate the front portion of my shop and my office room.

First picture is the front view while the third is from the back view (view from my office room). All the equipments and gadgets are placed in my office room.

I decided to move my tank from my house to my working place so that more people can enjoy my tank :)

Wow ok..so now home no more tank..won't b bored meh..haha

Moving the tank must b very hard work..

Ops, I should make it clearer, I meant I decided to shut down my tank at home and set up a new one in my work place.

I spend more time in my work place than at home. So I actually enjoy more :)

Very solid mixed reef tanks and so r all your previous tanks, power!! 10years reefing experience but can already tell from your previous setups that u r very good sps keeper.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

BEAUTIFUL! CR power! That's why not a lot coralline aglea.

Bro. I got a couple of questions hope can get ur advice.

1. Do u wash ur sand bed? So clean.

2. Vodka dosing how long? No3 level? Ur lps not looks so hungry leh.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

BEAUTIFUL! CR power! That's why not a lot coralline aglea.

Bro. I got a couple of questions hope can get ur advice.

1. Do u wash ur sand bed? So clean.

2. Vodka dosing how long? No3 level? Ur lps not looks so hungry leh.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I have to admit I do not test water unless I sense something is wrong nowadays. Maybe is the experience from sitting in front of my tank for hours daily over the years, I can tell when the LS is not happy.

I used to do all the things in the book down to the dots and I have realised when I became too obsessive with all the numbers from water test, I became a slave to the tank.

For my current tank, I emphasis on the scaping to start off with. I want an open tank for easier maintenance, especially the sandy bottom. Next will be the shape of the SPS.Branching or table top type. All SPS keeper will tell you the bottom part of the tank will gradually die off because of the random growth of SPS blocking lights to the lower half of the tank . I try to avoid that with this tank.

For the SPS, I just look for healthy growth. Colouring come as bonus. I also refrained myself from adding too many species into the tank ( easy when money is not enough :))

I change 120L water weekly without fail. 100% RO water . No fancy salt. Just Instant Ocean. I do vacuum clean my sand during every WC. I dose 1.5ml vodka once in the morning and once in the evening. From the SPS colour, I think my tank is not in the Ultra Low nutrient stage. But i think the NO3 is in the manageable level.

This is the tank I am most satisfy with up till now. ……….I have to confess I get my inspiration from Oregon Reef. The part where I failed to achieve is the multicolour RF colonies. I used to have multicolours RF but for some reason they wouldn't stick to any LR whatever I did. Only the orange colour stick !

BTW, how do you tell whether the LPS is hungry or not? :)

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Thanks bro. Fully agreed that keep testing everything would be a slave instead of enjoying the hobby.

Think ur vodka dosing just nice nice at the sweet point! So No3 won't be 0 then both sps and lps benefit frm there.

Wah. 120l weekly water change. For many people, it s Not easy to keep doing that. Ur effort got great return.

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

• SRC Member

Very nice scaping and clean tank. Love it. Maybe can try a few drops of iodine to enhance the colours of the sps.

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

To me WC is like a kid playing with water……haha.Just kidding. With my previous tank, WC means bucket carrying, messy sticky floor. Time spend on cleaning up usually more than the actual WC. For this tank, I have a drainage pipe build next to the tank. No more bucket caring. Refilling is just switching on pump from the pre-mix bucket. The whole process usually takes less than 10 minutes.

I am actually rather satisfy with the SPS colour right now. I don't get the Zeovit system like colour but I don't get total brown as well. Just enough brown with a touch of colour on every colony. In fact the colour is better than the time when I tried on Zeovit system. I never really made it with that system.

Right now, my philosophy is if it ain't broken, don't fix it :)

Maybe when I become more adventurous again, I would try a few tweaking of the SPS again :)