senior members

hotsoup

• SRC Member

Going thru the forum discovered that most of the pioneer members had gone M.I.A. I mean those register during year 2002. What happened ?

p/s:maybe AT could award those 02 members some loylity points :P

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• SRC Member
Happens all the time lah...I was once a very active member of a koi forum, and now after 2 years, I also tired liao. In any case, I still have 15 jumbo koi swimming in my garden. :)

thats my dream.....!! :heh:

• SRC Member

It is annnoying that when you post a topic, only knowing that it will be deleted due to the rules that applies. Some might leave based on political grounds and so on.

If filtering is really necessary, I suggest that Mod to receive the posting FIRST, before it is actually posted. I am sure that there is a way to do it, rather than telling people that the thread will be deleted and so on. When there is a lack-of-respect for members, they leave!

It is annnoying that when you post a topic, only knowing that it will be deleted due to the rules that applies. Some might leave based on political grounds and so on.

If filtering is really necessary, I suggest that Mod to receive the posting FIRST, before it is actually posted. I am sure that there is a way to do it, rather than telling people that the thread will be deleted and so on. When there is a lack-of-respect for members, they leave!

I highly doubt that this ruling will turn a lot of people off.

Frankly, if a newcomer can't comply with our house rules by just simply taking the effort to BE MORE DESCRIPTIVE in their topic titles, and wants to leave because of this... he or she should consider even not coming in here.

I don't understand the inconvenience.

It's like taking off your shoes when entering someone's home. Sure... you can ignore the owner's rules and clomp all over the place, leaving dirt where every other house guests will then have to endure the rude guest's mud and tiny pebbles sticking on their bare feet.

I rather have such guests leave rather than inconvenience the majority.

I am sure hospitals do not take too kindly to guests who come in and scream and shout or play loud music.

Respect? I think respect must be mutual. And respect must always be given first to the host and other guests who were there first.

Think about that.

• SRC Member

I highly doubt that this ruling will turn a lot of people off.

Frankly, if a newcomer can't comply with our house rules by just simply taking the effort to BE MORE DESCRIPTIVE in their topic titles, and wants to leave because of this... he or she should consider even not coming in here.

I don't understand the inconvenience.

It's like taking off your shoes when entering someone's home. Sure... you can ignore the owner's rules and clomp all over the place, leaving dirt where every other house guests will then have to endure the rude guest's mud and tiny pebbles sticking on their bare feet.

I rather have such guests leave rather than inconvenience the majority.

I am sure hospitals do not take too kindly to guests who come in and scream and shout or play loud music.

Respect? I think respect must be mutual. And respect must always be given first to the host and other guests who were there first.

Think about that.

Agreed

• SRC Member
It is annnoying that when you post a topic, only knowing that it will be deleted due to the rules that applies.

If one already knows that what one posts will be deleted, then the person obviously knows that his/her post is already in defiance of SRC rules and regulations. For these people, why post in the first place...unless it's just to create some unrest and flames.

I think SRC can do without these kinds...

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• SRC Member

If one already knows that what one posts will be deleted, then the person obviously knows that his/her post is already in defiance of SRC rules and regulations. For these people, why post in the first place...unless it's just to create some unrest and flames.

I think SRC can do without these kinds...

yup.. I 'knowing it would be delete' come to the poster's mind, then he/she should do something about it.

If he/she is not aware and the post is gonna be deleted, maybe they should go back to the stickies again and read up word for word...

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

If filtering is really necessary, I suggest that Mod to receive the posting FIRST, before it is actually posted. !

if such think actually happens, think about how many people will LEAVE the forum....responses become so slow, mods will be overwhelmed to screen through all postings.................. I think current system is more efficient than the suggested one. <_<

• SRC Member

AT, good analogy of taking out shoes , etc. :bow: Agree with you.

Please remove thread PDQ (Pretty Damn Quick) :pirate: so that the right signal is sent out to those who cannot be a team member.

• SRC Member

Well, you can't control other's doing, however, you can prevent them from doing since you are the owner. So, it will be best to screen every message before it is actually posted in the forum.

People especially Singaporean are so lazy to even read contracts that they are signing, so I doubt that they will even read the rules when posting. Not to mention new-comers.

So it is really up to you, you can have a forum where people come and leave, or people who stay for as long till it closes. It is all about the management. Especially SRC is now commercialize - You don't wanna disappoint your Sponsors. We better do some house keeping and tact the problem from its root cause.

• SRC Member

if such think actually happens, think about how many people will LEAVE the forum....responses become so slow, mods will be overwhelmed to screen through all postings.................. I think current system is more efficient than the suggested one. <_<

I've seen many forum have in place such practice for years without any problem, and especially MODs and Owner are responsible for the well-being of their forum - you can't just sit there, wait for the problem thread, then decide to remove;delete;change or any other actions that you wanna do.

Think of it this way, If I post a topic, not knowing that it might be edited, or deleted, realised few hours later that I am supposed to read and understand the rules and so on... Guess what? Most people will not be happy about that. So it is necessary to screen posting before it is being posted.

Anyway, if you should delete these thread or some of the posting within this posting, it is only to show that this place is lact of transparency.

I would think it is a person's pergrogative *hope I got that right* and responsibility to read the Terms and Conditions. much as many of us *me included. I ADMIT!* didn't bother to read it, only to get whacked by the electronic rotan by the mods when it comes to us breaking the rules. we shouldn't blame anyone but ourselves for failure to carry out our responsibility.

I know it sounds a bit draconian, but thats how the world works I suppose? we can't go to court and say "urh I didn't read the contract properly." your case will be thrown out straightaway.

but I find that the mods are doing their job rather well. and at least they tell you why they deleted the post. rather then just delete and don't tell you anything. now that'll be spooky.