DIY Spindle Wheel Impeller

Cedric

• SRC Member

Well, the pics I took are not reflective of the actual situation. My sump is very cramp and I cannot get a good shot. The pics doesn't say anything.

What can I say is the bubbles seems smaller, but the noise is louder! :D

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member

Well, if you are refering to how to remove the impellor from the Atman pump, I simply twist off the cap to remove it, and pull out the impellor. Should not be difficult. Are you using an Atman?

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member
Well, if you are refering to how to remove the impellor from the Atman pump, I simply twist off the cap to remove it, and pull out the impellor. Should not be difficult. Are you using an Atman?

Cedric, have your test run the impeller? How is it going? Just curious, is the super glue strong enough to hold the centrifugal force of the rotating impeller?

Eric

one of the glaring weak points of the needlewheel skimmers is the weakness of the needlewheel impellors...

as there is considerable load on each pin of the impellor compared to the normal impellor that the same pumps were made for....so premature failure is to be expected....

those single piece needlewheel impellors already face such weakness, let alone glued together impellors..no matter how strong the bond is...it's running the impellor 24/7, months....year....

but just make a few to keep in hand in case they fail, just change to another impellor lor...

• SRC Member
Cedric, have your test run the impeller? How is it going? Just curious, is the super glue strong enough to hold the centrifugal force of the rotating impeller?

Eric

I've running it for the past 3 days. Seems fine (so far). I'll let you guys know if and when it fails. *cross fingers*

:)

Comments are welcome!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi Sunny, the impeller is working fine. However, for it to work on a Weipro, you need to move the venturi to the pump inlet so that the air gets chopped up. :)

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member

hi all,

this topic is indeed interesting, but why is there to make into a needle wheel..??

i just install a few air tube at the intake of the power head, and the bubbles that it produced are so fine that make the water look like milk, and the skimmate is very thick .. like soya sauce.. the only thing is that the weipro volume is too small so the capacity very little ..