Octopus..

hobbes

• SRC Member
Octopus.. lets hear from you guys.. mine crawled out of the tank and yah, died.

Whats needed for these creatures?

Anyone has kept any b4?

Obviously U didn't read up much on octopus before getting them.... ;)

Octopus are

(1) VERY intelligent: can unscrew a jar tp get the food inside

(2) escape artist: as long as there is a slit enough for it's beak to go through, it CAN and WILL squeeze through

Pls read up before stocking :pinch:

• SRC Member

Your tank has run out of food dude! Octopus are only happy when you provide them a tank of their fav foods. So no food they will crawl out of your tank to hunt! and not enuff hiding place. Are there many dark places or holes for it to hide in it? If no, then it will run as well. Octopus are the most intelligent and the brightest and owns the biggest brain in the molllusc family! So dont play play!! hahaha...

hope my info helps..

Just my 2 cents worth.. ;)

• SRC Member

I once kept a cuttlefish, same family with octopus. They will hunt down every lifestock in your tank, better to keep seperately. They need min 3 to 6 mth old water and you prob need a good skimmer as they dont always finished thier food.

life span is quite short, 1 to 2 year in aquarium. IMO, quite easy to keep.

• SRC Member

can ask reborn to get them for u, they do take orders. ;) Cuttlefish can be fed frozens also, but need some training ;)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

Hi,

If u interested in a nice octopus, ML has one in his smaller display tank.

Quite big - nice with brown n white pattern. An awesome sight when it is moving around in the tank

Surprisingly Henry is keeping it with his ###### shrimps and algae blenny. :ooh:

Last week when I went down to the shop, it has laid eggs and was guarding the eggs by burying itself in the sand. :yeah:

one word of advice,keep away from the blue ring octopus.it can kill u in 20 mins and there's no cure

Cure there is and usually you will survive if treatment is early....

Hobbes: i think you have no read up enough before venturing into these precious little creature.... Read up more before keeping them... octopus are escape artist.. a octoupus can sqeeze through even 1cm gap... Oh ya octopus have very short life span of ard 1year plus..... if you really want to have them, have a tank which is escape proof and also specially built for them.....

Read up more of you will continue to waste this precious little lives....

My 2cents

Hi,

If u interested in a nice octopus, ML has one in his smaller display tank.

Quite big - nice with brown n white pattern. An awesome sight when it is moving around in the tank

Surprisingly Henry is keeping it with his ###### shrimps and algae blenny. :ooh:

Last week when I went down to the shop, it has laid eggs and was guarding the eggs by burying itself in the sand. :yeah:

agree..i saw it too..and henry actually asked the marine life exbitors at sentosa if they wan to showcase this extoice piece...but after hearing ther price..they fell of the chair :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

hi ...

i once kept a blue ring op... but it became full wif eggs after some time ... then soon die after a few weeks.. i read that the life span for this type of op is veri short ...

was quite sd after tat .. :(

• SRC Member

lol if u want blue ring oct come to wa and catch your self some lol :)

dam funny in perth there is a company called "rent a Octopus" which they bring a small little one and put it in your marine tank of course this is when you first start one with live rock and it goes around eating all the crabs u dont want and stuff :P funny stuff