buying corals and put up for sale

hamannbmw

• SRC Member

wat do u think ?

1. making money ?

2. dun like it ?

3. make someone a sucker ? err....

4. promote awareness ?

5. rich guy ? grap all, go home sort it out..... den those unwanted put up for sale

6. personal character ? oh :huh:

7. business ethic ..........lolsssss ??

wat do u guys think.........haha

no flaming please, and dun ask me who ...... ;)

It all depends on the situation

If the person puts up those corals which are injured and dying then this is a question of integrity

If the person puts up corals which are considered as in good shape and health, this may be a good thing to those who did not manage to catch the shipment

If this person puts up good conditioned corals but overcharges them by a lot, then its violating SRC rules

If the person purchases all the nice looking corals all at once under limited supply, then its not fair to those who have made the effort to go down

If the person purchases several nice looking corals but there are still plenty to choose from, then to me its ok

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
If this person puts up good conditioned corals but overcharges them by a lot, then its violating SRC rules

If the person purchases all the nice looking corals all at once under limited supply, then its not fair to those who have made the effort to go down

wats yr opinion...... :P

• SRC Member

my opinion is #1.......

seen a few who would buy, ask for cheaper price, say no money, say student say whatever just to get lowest price next day post for sale..... good student though, potential businessman ;););)

.... i was hoping reefers here are hobbyists, not money-makers, set aside our very own sponsors....... guess i was hoping too much..... <_<

• SRC Member

for me i personally think.. no matter how much they wanna sell.. its up to us to decide whether we wan to get anot.. sometime its too ex then gotta forget it.. if...just abit more ex... i tink its worth it as u no need to go down all the way.. its up to one to think.. personally opinion.. diff ppl have diff opinion..... just my 2c. hehe cheers.. no offence

• SRC Member

Can be anything.

Human's mind is difficult to read and understand.

Within 1 sec , there are more than 1G time transaction in the brain.

So...................................

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
wat do u think ?

1. making money ?

2. dun like it ?

3. make someone a sucker ? err....

4. promote awareness ?

5. rich guy ? grap all, go home sort it out..... den those unwanted put up for sale

6. personal character ? oh :huh:

7. business ethic ..........lolsssss ??

wat do u guys think.........haha

no flaming please, and dun ask me who ...... ;)

bro...

i think i know who u r refering to...

relax...i dun think he did wat u think he did...cos seen his posts about the same coral before the shipment.

hope i'm talking about the right person...

:angel:

What about fragging SPS to sell (not trade) when it is not time for pruning?

I understand if hobbyist accidentally broke a piece..no choice but to let go (benefits the rest of us). What about those who buy a colony and chop it up to sell?

But benefit of doubts...many LFS do not provide proper lightings...many times ...reefers buy a coral, bring home then find the colour do not appear in the coloration they thought they wanted....so they re-sold it away.

There are just too many different practices with too many justifications ard...best is to be aware of what's happening. ;)

As long as buyer is happy about the deal, seller is letting go at a reasonable price..that shouldnt be too bad. Bottomline....the buyer must be very clear what he is buying.

• SRC Member

I think unless you sell it for 5 times what you brought it, you are not going to make any bussiness out of it...except for a few post, i see most corals selling below 100....even at 5 time the profit margin its hard to make money here, unless you have something to sell everyday and there is a lot of suckers buying them up at ridiculas price...

for me, it think probably people dun like it or want to make others suckers....also there could be case where people realise that the coral they have just brought does not suit their tank....