Mushrooms!!!

neokn

Seen many of these dedicated setups before

Mushies grow and split so fast you find that you do not need to spend extra money buying corals anymore :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

mushroom is one weird coral...

just when I thought it is easy to keep and it does reproduce alot....then suddenly they start to airborne and disappear from the tank. :(

most ironic is when I thought water condition and light are good and LPS opening up nicely and even trying out SPS....

• SRC Member

Yeah lor. I have success with LPS, but my mushroom always seems to MIA. I think may be my wave is too strong since I'm using 2xTunze now. But if I turn down the flow, the diatom will start to grow on sand.

Another thing I suspect is the Iodine. May be the iodine level needs to be right for it to propergate.

Any comments?

• SRC Member
mushroom is one weird coral...

just when I thought it is easy to keep and it does reproduce alot....then suddenly they start to airborne and disappear from the tank.

most ironic is when I thought water condition and light are good and LPS opening up nicely and even trying out SPS....

i guess u r using MH rite? u must acclimitize m'rooms in a lower light condition first b4 putting them to a higher light area...

Another thing I suspect is the Iodine. May be the iodine level needs to be right for it to propergate.

although there's reports that iodine do help in m'room propagation, if u always do regular water changes, n u do not hav such a large number of them, dun tink u realli need to add as supplement, as it's stg that we cannot measure as a matter of fact ;)

But my mushroom seems growing much much bigger than the rock its standing. Those infront one already half laying on the sand liao. Do I need to do anything? HELP.... :bow::bow::bow:

:thanks:

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Giving up hobby, due to family commitment.

• SRC Member

one of my friend had notice his mushroom suddenly MIA..so one day he hid somewhere and wana catch the culprit... and what he saw was a huge ugly CRAB consuming it... :lol: he shifted all his LR juz to get that claws out! :lol: u guys can take a torch and shine in the tank when lights are off late at nite.. u will nv expect to see something special.. :evil:

• SRC Member
But my mushroom seems growing much much bigger than the rock its standing. Those infront one already half laying on the sand liao. Do I need to do anything? HELP.... :bow::bow::bow:

:thanks:

u can try to put a bigger piece of rock near it or under it and most porb will go over to the bigger piece...