Leave tank running while overseas?

FuEl

Should I leave all frag tanks running for 1.5 years while I'm away?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should I leave all frag tanks running for 1.5 years while I'm away?

• Yes
    • No

Will be going australia soon to further my studies. I have 4 frag tanks linked to a common sump driven by a md55. Only the top 2 tanks are filled and lit with T5s. Running an AquaC Urchin for 10 hours a day. All soft corals. I was wondering would it be advisable to leave the tanks running for 1.5 years? I will be coming back for vacations during semester breaks. I am rather reluctant as the tanks are having cool growths of coralline algae right now and they should be sps ready when I return. What are your thoughts guys? :unsure:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Yes if you trust someone in your house with it.. and I don't mean just topping up water and all.. I mean trust him to add ur additives, change ur water, save dying corals etc etc...

I leave my tank for weeks at a time and get emergency calls from home approx once a month...

Agreed.

Unless you have someone at home who can monitor and deal with emergencies, you should just simply close it down.

After all, looking after a marine tank requires a good husbandry routine. There is no such thing as a self-running tank. Even if you have full automation, things CAN and WILL go wrong and require immediate attention.

My 2 cents.

• SRC Member

I can help you to monitor your tanks if your house is not too far from my house.

I live in Hougang.

Me and SBS_Transit can take turn to monitor :P

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
I can help you to monitor your tanks if your house is not too far from my house.

I live in Hougang.

Me and SBS_Transit can take turn to monitor :P

Bro, I think fuEl stays at the east coast side.... not really near hougang leh.... :)

• SRC Member

Bro, I think fuEl stays at the east coast side.... not really near hougang leh.... :)

me work in East mah :"

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump