• Torch
    • Cynarina
    • Frogspawn (Octo)
    • Bubble
    • Hammer
    • Fox Coral

• SRC Member

Hi all,

which LPS are the easiest to keep?? easiest as in like recommended for beginners...

hmm.. the forum only allow 10 choices so i left out candy cane coral.. Just state in your post if you think it's candy cane lor.. or if not in the list also state the coral in your post ok??

• Like 1

• SRC Member
i'am going for neutral....You may find it easy for some and diff for some depending on your tank and water condition...some may be easier while some may not..

But since u asked. To me, its FOx, Candy Cane

well, but i think that most people would agree that the elegance would be one of the hardest LPS corals to keep..

• SRC Member

well, you did.. hahax, i think no one vote for sun coral because you have to find a good shaded spot for it before it becomes easy to keep, and i wont say finding that spot is easy..

wah, every coral got vote except elegance.. man, elegance must be really hard to keep.

for me my tank spec suitable for elegance, no problem for me after 6-7 months, but i have try to have bubble twice , both also fail, not sure what happen. i have goni as well 1 red and 2 green. its kinda funny, some might last from the beginning and some last for 1 week.

sun coral quite hard to keep coz need target feeding, only for those who are patient on this.

• SRC Member
for me my tank spec suitable for elegance, no problem for me after 6-7 months, but i have try to have bubble twice , both also fail, not sure what happen. i have goni as well 1 red and 2 green. its kinda funny, some might last from the beginning and some last for 1 week.

sun coral quite hard to keep coz need target feeding, only for those who are patient on this.

very surprise u r able to keep elegance

but not bubble :( ...could be parasite attacking

the bubble...bubble need to be fed with brine

shrimp....they bloom biggger... :)

well u need a lot of patient to hv this hobby

not only for sun coral ;)

very surprise u r able to keep elegance

but not bubble :( ...could be parasite attacking

the bubble...bubble need to be fed with brine

shrimp....they bloom biggger... :)

well u need a lot of patient to hv this hobby

not only for sun coral ;)

i suspect my water flow are quite strong 5ft with 3 powerhead. now i have change to 2 smaller unit. and flow is ok by now.

so are bubble need strong lighting? coz my tank almost 80% very bright.

• 2 weeks later...

Both Bubble and Hammer are most easy to keep, my tank only runs on Berlin system with T5HO, but both of them are growing bigger and bigger. I wonder they are even tougher than mushroom and button! :rolleyes:

sorrie amongst all e coral every1 say tht elegance is e hardest to survive nonetheless i still wanna giv it a try

any1 hav experience what e tell tales signs of it dying

heard from pple it start melting from e tips

cant b always LFS bring in elegance no pple buy

liddat elegance market value gonna drop liaoz..

:pirate:

Yea i have heard that elegance coral is very dificult to keep but i 'm lucky that the coral is still survive in my tank. It is said that if ur tank is very-very clean .. it wont survive since those coral in the wild can be found near the coastal area.

post-70-1112257305.jpg