Comments on Oceanic salt

Rex Ng

• SRC Member

hm...extremely interesting read indeed

rex, i've only tried using this salt once so i can't comment about its effects on diatom growth...sorry about that :(

but for me, after the last water change i did using oceanic, i didn't get an outbreak

but my advice to you is if your tank doesn't face a problem with using oceanic then i don't think its a cause for worry

however, if you don't feel comfortable with using oceanic, you can always try changing to another established brand such as TM or coralife... no harm in doing so :)

• SRC Member
Anyone uses this salt before ? Any comment?

I was introduced by a lfs who strongly recommended me to buy. And so I bought and start using it.

Then I was introduced by friends to reef central site and found this:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...ralife+salt+mix

worry, worry so worry!! :unsure:

Why don't you just use Marine Environment, the best USA salt.

Why spend money and keep worrying? <_<

Rex Ng,

Just wondering if you have a different agenda by posting about Oceanic Salt and/or other products?

I did a search on your previous postings.

First you questioned DT on its diluted form on the Feb 2 in "DT live marine phytoplankton, so watery,is it diluted?".

Shortly after, slammed Aquaz Phyto on Feb 4 in "Where to buy 'live' phytoplankton ?, is that what we call DT?". Also contradicting yourself by praising DT is good, after using it for 2 days?

I ask a fair question, so if this thread is intended as an honest sharing of information, I should also point out that threads like this might be intended to discredit competing, or new brands entering the local market.

I am increasingly annoyed by member supporter of businesses, or business owners using SRC, a hobbyist forum as a propaganda tool against competitors / competing brands.

Protectionism while in practice is in bid for self-preservation, it is in my books, not an ethical business practice.

More choices for consumers, and give the underdogs a chance !!!

Bro Rumor, I fully agree with your stand. ;)

Initially I was a little afriad when I wanted to get Oceanic, after reading the articles in Reef Central. However, after much research within RC and check with some members there, I found that those accusations are unfounded as there were no conclusive answers and neither were there tested results by independent labs.

As such, I tried first with the smaller package for partial water changes and after a couple of changes, I did not encounter the any abnomalities that were mentioned neither did I experieneced any diatoms or cyano. ;)

Thus I have since totally switched to Oceanic now. :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Well, just to share, I'd started a 4ft completely with Oceanic salt mix... After 2 months now, I did not encounter any of the above mentioned problems at all.

In fact I find the "cloudiness" of the salt mix (upon initial blending) clears much faster as compared to other brands.

My only complaint, price is X!

• SRC Member
tropic still the best

I'm using TM reef pro... a bit low on Ca and Mg as compared to Oceanic. Will be switching when I finish up the current salt.

In fact studies shown that TM not really the best salt. ;)

To each its own... main thing don't propagandize the branding in such forums as Rumor mentioned.

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member
Rex Ng,

Just wondering if you have a different agenda by posting about Oceanic Salt and/or other products?

I did a search on your previous postings.

First you questioned DT on its diluted form on the Feb 2 in "DT live marine phytoplankton, so watery,is it diluted?".

Shortly after, slammed Aquaz Phyto on Feb 4 in "Where to buy 'live' phytoplankton ?, is that what we call DT?". Also contradicting yourself by praising DT is good, after using it for 2 days?

I ask a fair question, so if this thread is intended as an honest sharing of information, I should also point out that threads like this might be intended to discredit competing, or new brands entering the local market.

To whom it may concern:

hereby wish to clarify myself.

DT live phy was pretty new to me, so when i bought back i found that it was watery so just post a question "it is diluted"? Then after a few tries, I found my livestockwere so fine with it and I did not experience the clouding of water like I last used AquaZ. Is there anything wrong with that?

Then, i was convinced by an LFS to buy oceanic salt, and then later introduced by friends to read up the comments done at USA on the salt. I would like to share this information with everyone, anything wrong? May I know is a forum a place for "free talk" or we can only talk what you like? I do not mean to be rude, but just feel you do not respect what is so call the "forum".

You may want to think I m the competitor of the oceanic, I cannot change your mindset just like i am thinking that you maybe partner of Oceanic salt.

By the way this is the defination of what forum means (in case you do not know):

-The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

-A public meeting place for open discussion.

A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.

-A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

-A court of law; a tribunal.

Thanks Rex, you just won me a bet ... maybe a keg or two, of beer of course :D

It is getting too predictable these days ... think I need a new challenge.

It was a calculated risk of being implicated when I stood out for Oceanic, since I did do a review of it. If that is the case, I should be partner for Eaquanature and SeaQuest too.

Those who know me are aware that I have no interest in business, neither do I need the money from that.

My interest is in promoting independence of though, protection of earth resources for out children, among other things. I am however against protectionism and unethical business practices.

Most here know of it, but are somewhat unwilling to speak up.

So here I stand, fighting for the underdogs, a more polite term would be, the new entrants.

I thank you for extracting the definitions of 'forum' from an online dictionary, the second of which, would be more than sufficient. And as such, I am also free to share with readers the fact that efforts to discredit certain brands under the mask of sharing of information must be taken into consideration as well.

Why don't you just use Marine Environment, the best USA salt.

Why spend money and keep worrying? <_<

Ryan,

Since you're a pal, I will advice you to check the package correctly.

Apparently, there are rumors that there might be bootleg versions of Marine Environment salt under a different company with similar packaging.

You can refer to the link below:

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146926

Or simply search under 'Aquacraft'.

Good Luck to you during your National Service :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

BTW, I just swtiched to using Oceanic salt and found it to be very good and very soluble....

Only complain a bit ex lah.... but I like the tub sealant which comes with an O ring... :lol:

I know it is a little one month old thread lah... but just thought I highlight there's another oceanic salt user here.... ;)

• SRC Member

Ryan,

Since you're a pal, I will advice you to check the package correctly.

Apparently, there are rumors that there might be bootleg versions of Marine Environment salt under a different company with similar packaging.

You can refer to the link below:

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146926

Or simply search under 'Aquacraft'.

Good Luck to you during your National Service :)

Hi,

there are some changes to the event on the brand thing since the last episode.........check out the link again. :shock::shock:

?????

• SRC Member
Thanks Rex, you just won me a bet ... maybe a keg or two, of beer of course :D

It is getting too predictable these days ... think I need a new challenge.

It was a calculated risk of being implicated when I stood out for Oceanic, since I did do a review of it. If that is the case, I should be partner for Eaquanature and SeaQuest too.

Those who know me are aware that I have no interest in business, neither do I need the money from that.

My interest is in promoting independence of though, protection of earth resources for out children, among other things. I am however against protectionism and unethical business practices.

Most here know of it, but are somewhat unwilling to speak up.

So here I stand, fighting for the underdogs, a more polite term would be, the new entrants.

I thank you for extracting the definitions of 'forum' from an online dictionary, the second of which, would be more than sufficient. And as such, I am also free to share with readers the fact that efforts to discredit certain brands under the mask of sharing of information must be taken into consideration as well.

Rumor,

each time i see posts like this from certain newbies...

i expect ur replies inside.

:lol::lol::lol:

anyway, WELL SAID!

;)