Weekly Update - 18th to 24th July 2005

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Anyone seen Orange Stripe Prawn Goby (Amblyeleotris randalli) at lfs? I am looking for a male one.

Tx

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
reborn got new shipment..

lotsa nice blastos.. i mean LOTS!!

red, green multicolor open brains.. orange prata..

true octos

blue lollipop..

cynarinas and blah blah blah..

is blue lollipop the one with pong pong balls....??? :paiseh: .....many many month that I bought one from Pasir Ris.....its didnt even bloom and it melted away........ :cry2: and it cost me 35$!!!! <_<

I heard its a some sort of sponge??? anybody care to share?? :paiseh:

• SRC Member

The blue lollipop is known as the painted tunicate , Clavelina picta. It is frequently found in clusters of hundres hanging on to sea fans, black coral and sponges.

Tunicates feed on nanoplankton like bacteria by utilizing a fine mucous net to transfer food trapped, to the digestive gland. Hungry ascidians benefit from the regular stirring of sand beds when kept in aquariums. They are able to filter tens to hundreds of gallons of water daily thru their systems.

Like sponges, ascidians should never be lifted out of the water when handling , transporting or releasing as air may be trapped , which is often fatal.

Adequate water flow is crucial because it is the key factor in food delivery and waste removal and also to remove the 'skin' during shedding. Moderate to strong water flow is highly recommemded for all tunicates in aquariums.

This info is for all who have purchased a tunicate/sea squirt or is contemplating of purchasing one. Now back to weekly updates.... any frags for me for providing the above info?? :upsidedown:

post-25-1121833668.jpg

Edited by Venezia

• SRC Member
:off: sorry to ask u bro,,, is it true tht this lollipop coral dun't need any light -thing???? if yes i may be wan to buy a lot to put it in my sump to have better water condition tnks :) ...

• SRC Member
The blue lollipop is known as the painted tunicate , Clavelina picta. It is frequently found in clusters of hundres hanging on to sea fans, black coral and sponges.

Tunicates feed on nanoplankton like bacteria by utilizing a fine mucous net to transfer food trapped, to the digestive gland. Hungry ascidians benefit from the regular stirring of sand beds when kept in aquariums. They are able to filter tens to hundreds of gallons of water daily thru their systems.

Like sponges, ascidians should never be lifted out of the water when handling , transporting or releasing as air may be trapped , which is often fatal.

Adequate water flow is crucial because it is the key factor in food delivery and waste removal and also to remove the 'skin' during shedding. Moderate to strong water flow is highly recommemded for all tunicates in aquariums.

This info is for all who have purchased a tunicate/sea squirt or is contemplating of purchasing one. Now back to weekly updates.... any frags for me for providing the above info?? :upsidedown:

Thanks Mdm....thats a good piece of infor....will probably get one to surprise my Mdm....hehehe :lol: ...it was love at first sight for her..... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
  • SRC Member
which Lfs got sailfing tang thanks

try SL (sealife) or Jireh

What Matters Is Not By Comparing Ourselves With Others

What We Can Do For Others Matters Most