how much does a person need to sleep per day?

Lester

• SRC Member

You should get enough sleep so that you dont feel tired throughout the day. Alternatively, short naps also counts. If you are constantly exhausted and with short attention spans, unable to focus, you dont have enough sleep.

I sleep 8 hrs myself.

• SRC Member
Was told you need to drink enuff water through out the day as well.

hi bro ..

you mean enough water can make a person less tired ?? hmm i haven been drinking much water.. these few week ...s :o

army standard

7 hrs of sleep and water parade for almost any activities carry out under the sun . :peace:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

You'll never get enough even if you sleep 10hrs straight. Tried and observed pple whom did that.

My theory, why spend so much time in sleeping when you will be able to get all the sleep you need when you "lay flat".

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

Sry for not being clear.

Meant to say if u hv enuff sleep and still tired, it might be due to dyhdration with the body.

The body is experiencing similar to someone hving done excercise and dyhdrated except without the excercise for yourself.

I am no doctor. Just read it somewhere recently. Hv the same prob as well.

• SRC Member

4hrs per day isn't enough i think... especially not over the long run

just get about 6-8 hrs per night of restful undisturbed sleep should be fine. I realised that sometimes it's not the length of the slumber but how peaceful it was. So you can try turning off all distractions, eg. handphone, radio, etc... then go to sleep make sure that nobody will disturb you until you are meant to wake up..

For me I always have a lot of dreams which is damn irritating coz I don't feel rested and I wake up as if I just had a really long day

• SRC Member
hmmm.. having sleeping problem once again...

like to know how much is just enough per day .. 4 hrs ??

yawn............... :lol:

4 hours of good sleep is enough for me... as you get older ... it's more of a short nap that counts.

Of course if the days' event is boring, I'll fall asleep .... even when I'm standing!

:P

• SRC Member

generally people say 8 hours is the proper amount of sleep.. but lots of people i know have been able to get by just fine with a lot less. Not sure how healthy they are but they seem awake :D I know someone who cannot sleep more than 4 hours a night... when he does, he will automatically wake up and cannot fall asleep again :blink:

and someone once sent me an article on an interesting research experiment done in the US. This person slept 1.25 hours A DAY for 6 months and was ok. What he did was sleep 15 MINUTES every four hours, regularly around the clock. Amazing. But this was a controlled experiment, not sure if it means we all can do it. It would certainly be disruptive to normal activity. "Sorry boss, have to leave the meeting now, gotta nap!!" :lol:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member
,Jul 30 2005, 12:21 AM] I take a short nap from 8-10pm . then sleep from 2a.m till next morning at eight.

I can sleep almost 18 hours on weekends :fear::ph34r:

juliet,

i see that you know the gender of your baby liao?

;)

pregnant mums should have all the sleep you can get.

:lol:

• SRC Member

according to some articles, 7-8 is then sufficient for most normal people.

different body different needs.

my elder brother, for instance, tends to get exhausted easily and sleep more becaure of his blood problem.

and according to a friend of mine who stated he read an article on sleep research, stated that people who sleeps more normally die younger. =x. i dunno how true is that.

and one more, this one is from one of my Dr. lecturor, dun on lights while you are sleeping and dun be awake at the period 2-6am. because at these period of time, the body tends to release a susbtance that eliminates carcinogen (cancer causing agent)

however, look at me now. i just got back from work. skipped these hours. shit <_<

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
,Jul 30 2005, 12:21 AM] I take a short nap from 8-10pm . then sleep from 2a.m till next morning at eight.

I can sleep almost 18 hours on weekends  :fear:  :ph34r:

ladies who are expecting needs to sleep more.

exhausted body resulted from increased activities in the body from the "making baby" process

so sleep more when u feel like it and do sufficient of exercises in prepare for ur kid's birthday

im sure u knew that already.

jiayou!

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

and its true that drinking sufficient water keeps ones awake. allows good ventilation in your area too.

thats all i know about sleep. hope these helps

• SRC Member

i sleep 4-5 hours a day. i take my short nap whenever i travel on bus :P sometime when i home early in the afternoon, i will take a short nap (at least 1 hour). if my napping is too long (2-3 hours)... i will be in trouble. i will be like an owl at night like law :lol:

now, i try to force myself to sleep later by 1 am :( i know i am a night person but at least i must try to sleep more. at least 6 hours :)

age.png

• SRC Member

:)B)<_<

I myself ZZZ for 8 hrs per day.So far so gd.I guess how many hrs depends on yr body.

Well it's gd to be by bed b4 11pm as i ever read an acticle about our body,we should let our bady rest by 11pm.

I normally sleepp@ 10pm or 1030pm,wake up 7am or before.

The other time I went to chalet with my family,I just couldn't sleep @ all. Slept at 1am,woke up 3am,slept @ 4am,woke up 6am.gosh! Not enough sleep that nite was so terrible & next day iwas like a ZOMBIE....Yawb yawn yawn.How many cups of Copi also no use @ all.....

I'm a coffee addict.Am must hve a cuo of copi O gosong to start my day. :yeah:

• SRC Member

wow bro, u so concern about how long ppl sleep huh??????

heeeeeeee

:D

anyway 10hrs of sleep is the most preferable one, i think.......

if not SAF suggest 7 hrs of uninterupted sleep b4 cheong suah, right anot? :D

• SRC Member

Talking abt this sleep thing bro law how is your sleep disoder? Are you still having trouble sleeping?

For me my sleep timing varies sometimes 4 or 8. But still ready for the next day to go to work and don't feel tired at all.

Oh dear am I normal?

Now when I start talking abt it, it is starting to freak myself out!

• SRC Member
:)  B)  <_<

I myself ZZZ for 8 hrs per day.So far so gd.I guess how many hrs depends on yr body.

Well it's gd to be by bed b4 11pm as i ever read an acticle about our body,we should let our bady rest by 11pm.

I normally sleepp@ 10pm or 1030pm,wake up 7am or before.

The other time I went to chalet with my family,I just couldn't sleep @ all. Slept at 1am,woke up 3am,slept @ 4am,woke up 6am.gosh! Not enough sleep that nite was so terrible & next day iwas like a ZOMBIE....Yawb yawn yawn.How many cups of Copi also no use @ all.....

I'm a coffee addict.Am must hve a cuo of copi O gosong to start my day. :yeah:

I think the body cannot rest due to unfamiliar territory or area. It's like a defence mechanism whereby the body is in constant alert even if you are not aware of it. I myself hate sleepover at any of my relative place. Very uncomfortable for me. I will be aware of the slightest noise being made. And the worst noise that I really hate that can make my blood boil is the sound of SNORING! I really can't believe someone unconscious would make such LOUD noise! I sometimes feel like hitting the person with whatever object nearby. :angry: