Will I ever catch this rascal!

kschew1498

• SRC Member

Notice my flame angel poking my favorite prata recently.......... :(

Today....this joker got bolder!......my poor prata was unable to expand and I have to use a plastic cover to protect it away from this rascal! :angry:

Will I ever trap this rascal with this??? :huh:

Any advise? :(

post-7-1124206411.jpg

• SRC Member

yes you can that how i catch mine with this box

too catch it try to place some small pcs of rocks inside if possible make a cave inside and place ur parta inside be prepare to wait for at least a few days for the fish to go in.

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

I manage to catch any fishes with a fish trap.

This includes:

yellow tang

purple tang

blue ang

brown tang

unicorn tang

cardinal.

place the trap at ur fish usual feeding spot.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
yes you can that how i catch mine with this box

too catch it try to place some small pcs of rocks inside if possible make a cave inside and place ur parta inside be prepare to wait for at least a few days for the fish to go in.

really?? place some rocks??.......

decentkid.....can I place mysis shrimp? :unsure:

really?? place some rocks??.......

decentkid.....can I place mysis shrimp? :unsure:

mysis shimps can escape out of the fish trap, unless u off ur wavemakers. can try market prawn, it might work.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

In fact I intend to catch the flame angel, dottyback and purple tang....

My diadem dottyback is getting too agressive....keep attacking my Royal Gramma and I wishes to replace my purple tang with yellow tang..... :rolleyes:

Wish I can catch them soon!....Sigh!.....priority is still given to my flame angel :angry:

• SRC Member

mysis shimps can escape out of the fish trap, unless u off ur wavemakers. can try market prawn, it might work.

Thanks Pual.....wouldnt market prawn too big?......I never feed them with prawn :huh:

I have already turn off my powerhead on the front...... <_<

• SRC Member

agressive fish are eaiser to catch.....just put a mirror and see if they 'play' with their image.....then sneak up slowly beihind with your trap to catch it.....

that's how bro Maxz manage to catch my #@%@#% powder black...and he took only about 15 min....:P

• SRC Member

place in ur parta will be the best choice since it is fav food

place in rock it to make that place more secure as u know GA like lots of hiding place

but do u have any idea how u going to close the door fast enough once u goes near it the fishes will most likely swim out

so far i manage to trap all of my fishes in my tank include barlets which even sleep inside the trap.

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
place in ur parta will be the best choice since it is fav food

place in rock it to make that place more secure as u know GA like lots of hiding place

but do u have any idea how u going to close the door fast enough once u goes near it the fishes will most likely swim out

so far i manage to trap all of my fishes in my tank include barlets which even sleep inside the trap.

Hmmm.....any advise how to shut the trap door?.....I was thinking to creep up to the trap and push the door down! :paiseh::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
agressive fish are eaiser to catch.....just put a mirror and see if they 'play' with their image.....then sneak up slowly beihind with your trap to catch it.....

that's how bro Maxz manage to catch my #@%@#% powder black...and he took only about 15 min....:P

Wow!...15 mins??.....hmmm...maybe I can try it on my dottyback! :evil:

Bro,

give the Flame angel a few days to get used to the trap 1st, it's not gonna enter anything it's not familiar with.... And also, the prata it's pecking is a good bait, that wat I did last time...

Also, Standby with some long stick or pvc pipe or anything u can use to tap or push the door shut, make sure the door is sliding freely and use a thread to tie to the door and attach to a small weight outside the tank. If u intend to use your hand to tap the door shut, by the time ur hand gets in, the Flame angel swim out liao... :P

Good luck! :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro,

give the Flame angel a few days to get used to the trap 1st, it's not gonna enter anything it's not familiar with.... And also, the prata it's pecking is a good bait, that wat I did last time...

Also, Standby with some long stick or pvc pipe or anything u can use to tap or push the door shut, make sure the door is sliding freely and use a thread to tie to the door and attach to a small weight outside the tank. If u intend to use your hand to tap the door shut, by the time ur hand gets in, the Flame angel swim out liao... :P

Good luck! :P

I think my prata too big to go into the trap :lol: ......

Hmmm.....you are right Vincent......guess before I go near the trap.....the joker would have escape........maybe I should cover th trap with some opaque material to prevent it from seeing anything outside the trap......but must be something I can see through......hmmmm...... :unsure: .....Maybe something film outside my tank where I locate the trap?.....but what?.....hmmm :look:

• SRC Member
I think my prata too big to go into the trap  :lol: ......

Hmmm.....you are right Vincent......guess before I go near the trap.....the joker would have escape........maybe I should cover th trap with some opaque material to prevent it from seeing anything outside the trap......but must be something I can see through......hmmmm...... :unsure: .....Maybe something film outside my tank where I locate the trap?.....but what?.....hmmm :look:

Dun need lar...let me teach u

1. put the trap into tank

2. put some food or if u wan to put yr prata also can

3. got downstairs, cut some lalang, leaves etc

4. open store room, take out full pack

5. put on No.4, boots.

6. put lalang onto helmet and wear it

7. take out camouflauge stick, draw yr face :sick:

8. now u r operational and fully camouflauge (yr flame cant see u) :P

9. if yr fish goes into the trap, go forward and close the trap door... :pinch:

Hurray..............mission accomplised, u had done something proud for the country :lol:

• SRC Member
Dun need lar...let me teach u

1. put the trap into tank

2. put some food or if u wan to put yr prata also can

3. got downstairs, cut some lalang, leaves etc

4. open store room, take out full pack

5. put on No.4, boots.

6. put lalang onto helmet and wear it

7. take out camouflauge stick, draw yr face :sick:

8. now u r operational and fully camouflauge (yr flame cant see u) :P

9. if yr fish goes into the trap, go forward and close the trap door... :pinch:

Hurray..............mission accomplised, u had done something proud for the country :lol:

:pinch:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

:blink::shock: .......dont frighten me leh!.....I am not going to move a single rock.......It was really a back breaking session when I did my rescaping recently! NO WAY!...I rather sell of my prata! :P

Well.....last night the flame angel went into the trap :yeah: .....but then when I place my hand into the tank to shut the door.....the bloody, stupid %$!@^#%! door got stuck!!!!.......and the joker escape!!! :angry::angry: DAMN!

But then if there is once....there will be a second time!! :evil: this time I make sure I have a net to close the gap then slowly close the door with the other hand!...... <_<

Thanks Vincent.....I heed your advise and I put my beautiful prata into the box....it did attract that rascal!

Initially I place some pallets and mysis shrimp.....end up it was all eaten by my Sailfin.......very bold burger.......simply bo chap....just swim in and peck!.... <_<

Patience patience!!! :rolleyes: