Justiana Er a reefer?

diabolus

I feel that things are getting too personal over J.Er's excessive posting. Afetr all, she's not done anything malicious, defamatory or harmful. She's just making full use of KOPI-Tiam to let off steam and find some listening ears to listen to her and share some of her grouses, thoughts and post some questions to learn from others. As AT had said "Anything goes........". I'm sure he knew what he was doing and why he initiated this "KOPI-TIAM" thread.

If we feel that J. ER is excessive in her postings in this thread we can always tell her in a "nicer" way. We need not run or mill her down! Reefers are caring, nurturing pple - it show clearly from the way we take care for n nurture our delicate corals, marine fish and invertebrates. When they are not eating well, or dun look too good we worry abt them. Can't we do the same for our fellow human beings? Can't we spare a thought for them too?

In fact, humans have more feelings than fishes. Maybe, I am wrong - fishes and all other living things do have feelings too. Have we ever considered how J.ER would feel when so much unpleasant things were levelled at her? How would we feel if we were in her shoes now?

Anyway, I noticed that she has refrained from adding more posts after she had been "gunned down" for being too active in KOPI-TIAM.

Truly agreed... exactly how I feel, but I'm just too lazy to type it all down... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that know Diabolus will attest that he is a friendly guy that like to talk direct with a sense of humour. :lol:

I seriously don't think he is out to flame anyone here let alone Justiana Er.

Anyway, I feel that there is nothing wrong with asking whether Justana is a reefer and also encourages her to post her tank info.

I do feel that some of the comments on her is a little RUDE.

Just my limited 2 cents. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

For those that know Diabolus will attest that he is a friendly guy that like to talk direct with a sense of humour. :lol:

Anyway, I feel that there is nothing wrong with asking whether Justana is a reefer and also encourages her to post her tank info.

I do feel that some of the comments on her is a little RUDE.

Just my limited 2 cents. ;)

I dun tink Diabolus had any evil agenda, but some of us start flaming her...

Bros, let's all calm down... if she didn't offend you directly/indirectly, why not just leave her alone? and let her be? As a member, she has her posting rights... and if the Mods tink there's anything wrong, her posting privileges would have been suspended...

Cool bros!! :peace::peace::peace:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

hi everyone. just my two cents.

i agree with bro cyclop- we ought not to just slam justianaer's frequent posting. i mean, its just the same old thing in the newbie forum right? when a newbie frequently posts asking questions like "i have a new 2ft marine tank with three tangs and two angelfishes and many corals. how to care for them ah?"-- because we've been in this hobby longer, and understand that that is not feasible, we get annoyed at their lack of regard for the fish's welfare, etc. at their not researching before buying etc. but we neednt slam or flame them (even though sometimes i think they ought to be more responsible- but which of us hasnt made a mistake or an impulse buy?)- we can tell them what they need to do, and even recommend that they replan their stocking to fit their budget and tank size (sell off fish they cant keep in pasar malam, etc. if we cant be bothered to slowly explain to them, then rather then posting something unpleasant, we should just leave it to others to reply- flaming doesnt help much.

in the case of justianaer's frequent postings, if it doesnt rub you the right way, or annoys you somewhat, then just dont bother entering the thread and reading it if its only going to annoy you further- just read those posts that you are interested in la. thats why the posts have titles right? so we know what we're going to read.

then again, i also understand that this forum is meant for reefing related discussions, but i'm sure the mods figured that even reefers will need some place to talk ###### and discuss other matters (like oil prices, NKF, etc), so isnt the kopitiam forum the right place to do that? pls lets just give her a break la. maybe its because there is a predominance of guys in this forum that we dont understand why justianer has so many seeming woes to discuss, but lets all try to take it in the spirit that i'm sure she posted it in. she just want to see if anyone has similar problems or ideas, and probably thought just post see la. if interested can reply, if not, just leave be la.

cheers all,

and have fun reefing ya.

ian

• SRC Member
For those that know Diabolus will attest that he is a friendly guy that like to talk direct with a sense of humour. 

I fully agree with you. Diabolus made a valid observation and spoke his mind. I am that type too, so I hope no one feels offended by my post. No ill intentions, but just stating how I feel. I only don't wish to see anybody getting hurt - SRC is for pple. of same interests to communicate and be friends, not foes.

• SRC Member

wow...the next hottest topic after NKF...hahas.. :P

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

now ..no point for us to find out if Justinana Er a reefer or not. let her con't to post till she sian etc. if any of u don't like her posting, don't reply her thread lor.

okie.. instead of attacking one another.. let con't our friendly kopi-tiam talks .. ;)

• SRC Member

lets all be harmogeniously reef friends be it in any forum or anywhere....... Here especially at Kopitiam, Anybody can and may speak aloud anything. But think by all means no need to the extend to label or gine names for certain reasons......

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

I think some of the posts here are totally uncalled for. I dont like the idea of calling another shallow, stupid, etc, making judgements based on a few cursory glances at their posts. I feel so far that Justina's posts while excessive have not HURT, EMBARASSED, RIDCULED anyone. The fact that some of the community have responded in such ugly fashion is, to me, unacceptable. I understand that some might have issues with her posting- fine, that is a fair opinion. But not name calling or making character assassinations. That is more serious than making nonsense posts. It KILLS the spirit of discussion that is crucial to any on line community. There is no defence if it slips to that and the whole system degenerates into a massive flame war.

• SRC Member

this is the place where we can post and speak what we want and like since this is kopi-tiam. however, it is not what we speak, it is how we speak. think before you speak cos it cost you... people listen and respect because we speak with respect.

if we don't like he/she posts, then go and look for other post you like. why bother so much...till got to question other people right for their membership here. why being so inclusive? relax, this is kopi-tiam :P

anyway, i know bro Diabolus is the men of speaking his mind and i truly respect him cos his criticism is constructive B) u are cool man, bro Diabolus :P

age.png

Woah guys..give the lady some slack..so many gentlemen against one lady (if she indeed is). It's true that she does seem to have spammed but then again, I must admit some of the post did make me laugh in one way or another. Like the saying goes, laughter is the best medicine. Don't take it so personally guys, just move on or laugh it off if you must. If AT/mods feel that her threads are taking up too much server space they could always erase them if they decide to do so. It's not like she's a cheater playing on the enemy side in counterstrike...or like a woman referring to $ as peanuts. It's no big deal!

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Agreed.. 10 hours of work a day makes people stressful. Think I got to be honest here. The bright red signature in bold is disturbing me more so than all of Justiana's postings combined. There is no need to make people think that you have violent tendecies. It's not community wise in the long run. Just my thoughts~

Ok, I feel its enough already

Those who have insulted had insulted. Those who want to comfort had comforted. Those who want to guide had guided.

Let us call in the mods to close this thread. What do you guys think?

Anyway, I can finally see today's Kopitiam without any new posts by her.

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Ok, I feel its enough already

Those who have insulted had insulted. Those who want to comfort had comforted. Those who want to guide had guided.

Let us call in the mods to close this thread. What do you guys think?

Anyway, I can finally see today's Kopitiam without any new posts by her.

I'm in for the closing of this thread :lol:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Honestly, I feel that the KOPI-TIAM should be allowed to go on. It's a good break from just fish and coral talks & problems. Good for our health and mental well-being too. Also beneficial in many other intangible ways - as long as we remain respectful and cordial with each other.

Honestly,  I feel that the KOPI-TIAM should be allowed to go on. It's a good break from just fish and coral talks & problems.  Good for our health and mental well-being too.  Also beneficial in many other intangible ways - as long as we remain respectful and cordial with each other.

Close as in this thread only..not the whole of kopitiam lah..omg.. :lol: It takes just one thread to close the whole of kopitiam section.. :lol:

• SRC Member

Guys Guys Guys....

some comments on Justiana is totally uncalled for....let me state myself clearly again...i started this thread to try and curb her excessive postings....not put her character down by calling her shallow, low IQ, claiming that she is lonely etc.

althou she did not reply, the way she handled herself amidst the personal attacks speaks for the lady herself. To those bros who called her names...maybe you guys should look at urself and then PM her with your apologies.

To justiana - i apologise if this thread has caused you any embarassment or wat nots.

:bow:

:peace: