Tanzy

• SRC Member

Sump dwellers,

As all of us know, there are many reefers with avatar pictures which feature females in sparse clothing. It has been brought to my attention that there are reefers who find it objectionable because it is making the forum inappropriate and embarassing to be browsed at work or with family around.

Please remove or switch to a more tasteful picture by the end of this week and prevent the forum degrading into a over-sexed soft ###### site. Remember, there are female and very young users of the board too.

Keep the forum clean.

Thanks for the cooperation.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

I agree. Have sweet innocent faces like my avatar ! :angel:

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

I use avatars to identify whose posting deserves a read, and whose are probably trash and sump dweller talk.

The keyword here is IMAGE . I suppose it all depends on what is kind of image forum members want to protray.

"A good mix of new and experienced hobbyists committed to responsible and conscientious reefkeeping through knowledge sharing?"

"Or a motley crew of testerone-charged hobbyists wannabes trading bad tips and has tendencies to start a flamefest more than useful discussions?"

Some threads do show improvements and is more on track due to the fact that some members having 'matured' in their postings. But there's still a lot of room for improvements.

The Heavy Hand Clan, as I have aptly named, can move in with a big stick, but I believe they want members to take the iniative to reassess their objective and image they want to protray, and act accordingly to put the show back on the road before further degeneration.

One observation I have made though; some, if not most of the more experienced hobbyists do not post much these days. Which means the forum loses a lot of good advice and knowledge sharing.

How you sum the situation is your judgement, the rest is up to you now.

Yeah... good observation, Rumor.

I think many of us need to buck up a bit and keep our nonsense talk to the Kopi Tiam section.

We should get back on track and not let this forum degenerate into a turn-off.

I think every individual needs to evaluate his own participation and contribution. I hope to see more serious stuff being done.

Don't forget Aquarama 03 is coming up really soon and the whole of Singapore will be there and we need to get our act together/not lose sight of what we are.

The Singapore Reef Club is a bunch of dedicated hobbyists who know what they want to achieve.

Yes Bwilly, there will be an SRC T-shirt! :)

Let me get past the BBQ Party first before we can concentrate on Aquarama 03!

ya, though I am not going.

I did source for suppliers for u all..

tik I always bug my purchasing officer till

she tulan me.. dun fren me liao.

haha..!!

enjoy.. the kids there (at BBQ) should be

safe from my R(A) nonsense. haha..!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

wonder what diabolus will change his 'video clip avatar' to... :heh:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead