My 3gallons Pico Tank

spawns

• SRC Member

Need to drill the canister filter to install a light bulb inside for the chaeto. There are no clear pics of where to drill the canister filter. If drilled wrongly, there goes the canister filter. Also, what type of light bulb and where to get a similar ones locally? That thread has opened my eyes to the simplicity of his setup but without adequate knowledge, I might run into problem if I follow blindly.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
hey lorensia, do me a favor to ask ur mum whether she wants to adopt to me? he he he...that is a very nice tank u hv there :whistle

:lol::lol::lol: if like tt den alot ppl wan be my mother son liao. haha.. she got mi and bro already headache.. haha.. thx bro for the compliment.. haha.. post some comments in my thread.. so i can change it.. ya.. haha..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member
thks for all the kind replies :).

my pico is 90% done. i've done abit modification from my original plan. soon i will be stocking up :whistle

:yeah:

wooo.. wad is the LS u planning to keep inside of it? haha.. :lol:

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

• SRC Member

looks cool bro....nice DIYED wooden stand.. :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member
hey..nice tank you go there...willing to share how you are going to maintain the tank?

tks bro cool.it is nothing.i bet u could do better. 3 to 4days alternate of 15% water change(or should i say a Teacup full of new saltwater) by using corallife mix salt with DI water, and checking water parameters using testkits wkly.top up using distill water(a capfull every day).i also did make small icecubes out of it,drop it in the tank if its gets too hot. the rest will be as per normal(dose kalk etc..)but in tiny amount wkly.

lorensia, LS will be softies.

:thanks:

• SRC Member

cool man.. all go for us zoos.. haha.. sure? lol.. den i wait for it to grow and frag it =X haha.. ok? lol.. more pic.. haha..

• SRC Member

fan hv already fix in the hood n it goes on together with light(both are plug using a timer)

water evaporate 10ml per day so topping up distilled water manually every morng.

temp...27 to 29c

salinity...1.023

PH...7.9 to 8.0

no2,no3,po4,mg,kh,cal-- all not tested yet. <_<

i can see few diatoms on sandbed :( need to reduce light period..cant help it,too cute to off the light!!!! :pinch:

:thanks:

• SRC Member

I intend to do the same as you, a compact "everything-all-in-one" in a 1ft tank. That means air-pump driven skimmer, a "sump" and return pump into the whole setup in the 1 feet.

Livestock is just 1 firefish, 1 goby, 1 shrimp, 1 starfish, 1 hermit , 1 snail.

Several softies - zoos, mushrooms, etc etc. on a sandbed.

What live stock are you going to put inside?

• SRC Member

maybe a pair of ###### shrimps but no fish...

looking forward to ur setup :D maybe can get some frags from u he he

So your tank is basically only a glass tank with live rock and mushrooms and a light?? Simple setup right? any powerhead inside to move the water around?