My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
no offence pal,

i perfer to old scaping...when u put corals etc etc...i tell u...its going to be awesome..... and with a "causeway" to JB....maybe u can construct later! :P

there won't be any causeway across the two mountains, I think I still prefer it as it is now :D

And u are No 2 to comment me appearing in the pics w/out shirt :shock: Guess better to cover up when taking pics next time and not to expose myself further :ph34r:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Bro where are the updates??? :P

I took some pics but it turns out badly lah.... :angry: maybe can borrow ur cam when u turn up my hse one of these days :P

By the way, hows the green bubble? mine opening bigger now, I guess would be able tyo nurse back to good health :yeah:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

saw ur cabinet the other day at Ah heng shop, nice design.....indeed a very friendly guy as well as his wife. sometimes, he do have nice corals....just got a red prata from him recently. :lol:

Ya Ah Heng's wife call Chris, plus his father in law the cabinet maker,,,, all beary friendly.. :bow:

in fact, the father in law is the one who constantly explains to me to consider this n that.... :D Without his valuable advice, I would have made several measurement mistake on the chiller cabinet :cry:

Also workmanship recomendable to all :D

• SRC Member

Ya Ah Heng's wife call Chris, plus his father in law the cabinet maker,,,, all beary friendly.. :bow:

in fact, the father in law is the one who constantly explains to me to consider this n that.... :D Without his valuable advice, I would have made several measurement mistake on the chiller cabinet :cry:

Also workmanship recomendable to all :D

ya lor.. my dad love his father-in-law de workmanship in the cabinet.. haha.. :lol:

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

Bro, I think you have to change the manual settings on your camera to take fairly good shots. I usually take tons of pics of my corals and only a few pics can make it. :pinch:

Oh yah.. You using an Ehiem pump to run your skimmer? Your MD 55 is your return pump? I'm still thinking of how to run the MD40 to my skimmer. :unsure: Still got alot of planning to do. :nc:

• SRC Member
Bro, I think you have to change the manual settings on your camera to take fairly good shots. I usually take tons of pics of my corals and only a few pics can make it.  :pinch:

Oh yah.. You using an Ehiem pump to run your skimmer? Your MD 55 is your return pump? I'm still thinking of how to run the MD40 to my skimmer.  :unsure: Still got alot of planning to do.  :nc:

ya... I'm using Eheim 1262 for the aqauC skimmer. so far, results has been good. :) For the rtn, i'm using the pressure rated pump MD 55 :upsidedown:

U got to consider the recomended flow rate for the skimmer. Try to get pump which can place outside the sump. This will not stress ur chiller to work n work ;) meaning got to spend more $$ on electricity bill :ph34r:

• SRC Member
Looking great.... more pics please ;)

thanks Simon.... will definitely post more.... today managed to hook up the pendant MH lights.... will take pics soon.... sleepy liao :snore:

• SRC Member
Bro fishtalk, nice gems you have there ...

makes me :paiseh: to post anymore pics of my tank .........

Hi Bro Dumdum,

Thanks for the compliment.... But they are not gems compared to the eniors here ah :pinch: And no need worry too much... ur tank will be full of gems too :D I did my rock scaping four times to achieve something which I think passable results :P Will post the full scaping later.