JBJ ARCTICA TITANIUM CHILLER 1/5Hp

jervismun

bro, i think u no need to do a artica review it is a well received product....

Haha... bro Zorden thanks for your encouragement :lol: I think this product review will be beneficial to new reefers... for example... if there is such a product review during that time before I bought my Teco... I would've already gotten an Arctica in the first place ;)

I hope you don't mind me continuing :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

borrow your topic...

is it okay to use a OCR6500 for the artica 1/3chiller then to the main tank..

according to the webpage it is okay rite...

however not all chiller can support this flow for their 1/3 nor 1/2 rite...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Pls continue with the review.

It would be good to have different opinion and sharing of experience from time to time.

I will... but I am really running out of things to write... a chiller is a chiller is a chiller :lol::lol::lol:

And yes... still figuring out if that extra $1000 really worth it in the long run... now that you mentioned some China alternatives ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hehe i ask myself that question too...

got myself for a 1/3 hp chiller daeil fish coller..the $$ i pay can go for other toys..such as Deltec CR but

1)China chiller can be reliable too

2)is the $$ worth ....it for the "brand and technology" since chiller is a chiller

:off: now i buy things

based on resale value and also ...another other substitutes... and ofcoz technology...therefore ATI rocks

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

:off: now i buy things

based on resale value and also ...another other substitutes... and ofcoz technology...therefore ATI rocks

So true bro... if you notice... there's only a few brands/products that sell well in the Pasar Malam section... I'm sure an Arctica can be quite easy to sell (within the 2 year warranty) if the reefer is willing to settle for a big depreciation... but what to do... :off::off::off:

After running the chiller for a couple of days... all I can say is... 2 thumbs up :eyebrow: That day my CFO noticed the new chiller... I quickly said "it's a very energy efficient chiller... only 150W"... phew :whistle

One thing though... the chiller is so efficient that it emits a great deal of heat... make sure you have ample room behind it (hiding it inside a cabinet is definitely a no-no).

It's really hot... my thermometer shows > 45ºC!!!

I have to connect a fan (stainless-steel semi-industrial kind) to help circulate the air behind it... or else... my wall paint will start to crack and peel I think :(

Using a 1/10 artica and I think its worth paying extra for this chiller.

Hehe... definitely man... what's the power consumption for the 1/10hp model? My 1/5hp is only 150W!!! And I run it around 8 hours a day... maintaining at 26ºC :) So if my calculation is right... it will only cost me around $7.00/month on electricity bill to run this guy :P

• SRC Member

Hehe... definitely man... what's the power consumption for the 1/10hp model? My 1/5hp is only 150W!!! And I run it around 8 hours a day... maintaining at 26ºC :) So if my calculation is right... it will only cost me around $7.00/month on electricity bill to run this guy :P

Wow... I think I can save $80 now with my chiller replacing my airconditioning method :paiseh:

Jervismun, can you use the Aquatronica controller to activate a fan when your chiller start to run?

Yes that's what I'm currently doing... a stainless steel kind super powerful fan to create hurricane effect in the room to disperse the heat... mainly targeting the back of the chiller :lol:

• SRC Member

1/10hp should be 75W ;)

age.png

Hi bro Jev,

U said that ur chiller setting for temp is 1.5 deg C?? I tot normal is +/- 0.4 deg C for arctica?

:thanks:

I used my Aquatronica to control the skimmer (together with a huge fan for circulation)... I want my chiller to kick-in less often (currently 6 to 7 times a day) as it will consume less energy and will slow down the wear-and-tear of the chiller in the long run :)

Arctica thermostat +/- 0.4ºC? Emm... not too sure about that bro... can't be possible coz it doesn't make much sense to me especially for small models like these... in some tanks, it will take as little as 20 mins to increase 0.4ºC... so the chiller will kick-in all the time... not very energy efficient IMO.

• SRC Member

I used my Aquatronica to control the skimmer (together with a huge fan for circulation)... I want my chiller to kick-in less often (currently 6 to 7 times a day) as it will consume less energy and will slow down the wear-and-tear of the chiller in the long run :)

Arctica thermostat +/- 0.4ºC? Emm... not too sure about that bro... can't be possible coz it doesn't make much sense to me especially for small models like these... in some tanks, it will take as little as 20 mins to increase 0.4ºC... so the chiller will kick-in all the time... not very energy efficient IMO.

control your skimmer??? during feeding?

control your skimmer??? during feeding?

Haha... typo... should be CHILLER... I am too much into skimmers nowadays... day in day out :lol::lol::lol:

No I do not use my Aquatronica to control the skimmer during feeding, I just switch it off (with the danger of forgetting to on it back) ;)

Oh yalar... that's how we usually specify it... 1ºC is sorta industry standard :lol: