My Reef pictures

• SRC Member
Yup... I dun believe I can get this crazy....

Maybe jus spend the next few weeks staring into my reef... cos I will definitely gonna miss it... esp after all the the hardwork and $$$$ thrown into it....

Stay tune to Joe_p's new 2 footer SPS Reef..... :blink:

I couldn't believe it when I first heard it too... :shock:

Welcome to nano-land Joe! :D Actually, a 30g or 40g tank would be at the upper-most limits of what most would consider a nano. Nano's are typically 20g or less.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AT:

they think that they have the money, the better stocks there and thus better tanks and easily accessible equipment....some reefers also mention the unique and powerful style of the german tanks but seldom we see german tanks there...perhaps the germans had the same bad experience as you and thats why we dun really see the german tanks.....all those tanks of the month are predominantly usa based....

and little do they know most of the high end equipment and brands are actually from the germans...lol

whatever the case may be...i think its just the over patriotism shown b the moderators there and you got shot down by a chain of *patriot* missles... :P

Pospeh, well for someone who grew up there... I guess you would know better?

I wouldn't say the majority of Americans I meet at work or online are jerks but the few that can be jerks can be rather BIG ones. ;) Most are pretty humble folks. I guess being brought up as Americans, they can get very opinionated and not afraid to bring it to your face.

I wouldn't say my bad experience was a racial thing... could be... may not be. I think its a case of strong opinions coupled with unreasonable antagonistic behaviour that brought things to a nasty end. Just a case of bad apples spoling the whole basket. I still like RC a lot, just not a few individuals there! :)

If you like, I still have the link to that thread bookmarked somewhere... pm me to see for yourselves. ;)

AT

• SRC Member

:off:

I lived in the States for 9 years, no issues whatsoever. Some really nice and friendly people there. And yes, they can be very frank at times but it's nothing personal. It takes all kinds to make the world go round... so, PEACE my brothers.

...now, back to Joe's upcoming GIANT NANO, yes a nano! :D

Frankly... Joe... YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!! :evil:

"Man! What a fantabulous acro colony!! What amazing colours!! I just wish I had the space."

"Sorry, I can't accept this kind gift of a nice pink with baby blue tips with purple polyps acro colony... really I can't. If I had a bigger tank... yeah, maybe I would.... "

"Frags? I'm sorry, I can't give you frags... my tank would look half-empty if I gave you a frag!" :evil:

• SRC Member

At least he will get to have better sleeptime and more comfy lifestyle...

Joe...I believe you can do it...at least we will have a few more nano gurus here to boost about...

In RC, they usually want 'big'... :lol:

• SRC Supporter

I might drop the 2 by 2 footprint for a 2.5 by 2.5 coupled with a 1.5 foot height to give myself more aquascaping space.....

The idea is to keep to the running of one 250W MH bulb for my new reef..... ;)

Most probably sticking to frags and smaller colonies......

Why not just one 400ws saki... oh wait... too much yellow. Even 10ks need some blue. You wanna run just 20k? ;)

2.5 by 2.5.... realistically... you must a very good reflector or you will dark zones. My 3ft width is welled covered by 2 Spiderlight Reflectors. Just one reflector... hmmm.... unless you have your pendant high.

Just my 2 cents.

• SRC Supporter
Why not just one 400ws saki... oh wait... too much yellow. Even 10ks need some blue. You wanna run just 20k? ;)

2.5 by 2.5.... realistically... you must a very good reflector or you will dark zones. My 3ft width is welled covered by 2 Spiderlight Reflectors. Just one reflector... hmmm.... unless you have your pendant high.

Just my 2 cents.

Yup..... thinking of building a slightly larger parabolic refelector for this reef.....

and placed slight higher about 10 to 12 inches...

The shallow reef would also help in getting the lights to the SPS...

Sand bed would be covered with ricordeas.....

For bulbs..... might consider the 14kk Hamilton.... the AquaBlue line bulbs would be appropriate too.....

Maybe a Ushio Blue....

Hey Joe,

Are you sure you're going to be happy with it????? :unsure:

Go for a 3 x 3 and 22 inches height as 18 inches is just too low. Your sand bed plus clearance from the top of your tank means you only have at most 12 inches water depth (sandbed 4")

You probably could live with 20 inches similar to my tank's depth but 18 inches is too low.

Hmmm why not go for 3 x 4 x 2 ft??? Sure would give you a nice rock scape.......

I think he's not going for sandbed? :unsure: Then again, he may change his mind. :D

Still don't understand why he is downgrading.. unless its a financial reason. So sad.. so sad... Joe... don't downgrade! :cry2:

I think he's not going for sandbed? :unsure: Then again, he may change his mind. :D

Still don't understand why he is downgrading.. unless its a financial reason. So sad.. so sad... Joe... don't downgrade! :cry2:

Think he is going into coral farming :lol: So he need alot of space for alot of smaller tank :lol: like those you see in CF.

It is going to be factory in his room :yeah:

• SRC Supporter

Think he is going into coral farming :lol: So he need alot of space for alot of smaller tank :lol: like those you see in CF.

It is going to be factory in his room :yeah:

If I can have your place, might consider.... ;)

:evil:

But current plans is to try aquascape a 2.5 by 2.5 by 1.5 ft reef...

Felt that a shallow reef would look better...

Gonna go with low bioload so will not be employing a DSB....

ANd if this works out... and if "heat" is not a issue, then might jus do another one..... ;)

• SRC Supporter
Hey Joe,

Are you sure you're going to be happy with it????? :unsure:

Go for a 3 x 3 and 22 inches height as 18 inches is just too low. Your sand bed plus clearance from the top of your tank means you only have at most 12 inches water depth (sandbed 4")

You probably could live with 20 inches similar to my tank's depth but 18 inches is too low.

Hmmm why not go for 3 x 4 x 2 ft??? Sure would give you a nice rock scape.......

Robe, the concern of aquascaping space did came across my mind...

But I'm really determined to only cater to one MH and I reckon that the best coverage in regards to area is the max of a 2.5 by 2.5 footprint.... of course with a well made reflector....

Oh ya Joe...the pic I accidentally uploaded into Hon's thread..coz I saw the title tricolor acro and I happily put it there...about half an hour later before I realised my blunder... <_<

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/