new shop at ginza plaza

• SRC Member

hello there ppl, ;) today went jalan at Ginza Plaza(west coast) discovered a marine shop which just open.don't actually notice the Unit or the name of the shop,It's located a few unit away from Lake aquarium if not mistaken.Told by the lady owner they have experince over 20 years(still in doubt) informed by her their first LS would be coming this thursday.the shop would be fully operational this coming 15th Nov.so guys & girls check it out who knows maybe got good discount cause it's just open.

;):lol:

btw if any of you ppl looking for anthias fishes choa chu kang no 65 WAKIKI selling them for 8.50 only :eyebrow: believe it's agood bargain

cheers :eyebrow::ooh:

• SRC Member

Hey...ikan...I think the name of the shop in 65, Sungei Tengah is Wakai and the in-charge is David. Nice chap...modest...

Btw, what type of anthias do they have?

Got Purple Queen or Bartlett or Sunburst?

hello there ppl, ;) today went jalan at Ginza Plaza(west coast) discovered a marine shop which just open.don't actually notice the Unit or the name of the shop,It's located a few unit away from Lake aquarium if not mistaken.Told by the lady owner they have experince over 20 years(still in doubt) informed by her their first LS would be coming this thursday.the shop would be fully operational this coming 15th Nov.so guys & girls check it out who knows maybe got good discount cause it's just open.

;):lol:

btw if any of you ppl looking for anthias fishes choa chu kang no 65 WAKIKI selling them for 8.50 only :eyebrow: believe it's agood bargain

cheers :eyebrow::ooh:

Huh what speices if dispar or lyretail then $8.50 to expensive liao. But if $8.50 for barlett or sun burst den i cheong ah!!!!

• SRC Member

was at ginza today... yup got new shop alrite.. but still quite empty...

anyways... a few doors down from that shop i noticed an office... juz chanced to look inside and saw a 4ft reef tank... asked the uncle to let me go inside to haf a look...

There's another shop on the second floor which has some very cool

marine equipments; all the coralife lightings, and GISEMANN lightings also have

but look like showroom, and usually dun open one. Heard that they are the

local agent for GISEMANN lightings.

Yup you guys are right there is indeed a new marine fish shop (not fresh water convert)

Shop name is JI*eh Marine Aquarium and they are at the first floor. They are facing outside the building.

Spoke to the lady boss there, seems like they really serious about the business, looking at the amount of $ they invested into the tanks, pipes, protein skimmers....etc

Their male boss is a nice guy who said he has been keeping marine fish and diving for 20 years....saw some books on marine fish lying around the cashier. Hmm...seems like he knows his stuff. He also told me that he does custom tank set-ups.

Anyway, those people who are interested can pop by, nice friendly people to talk to : )

• SRC Member

Well been to that shop its a new setup.

However , 2 to 3 doors away there is another shop

with a solid 4 ft tank !!! its tank setup by Re**** .I bump into it by accident & thought that its a LFS.

After i went in ,to my horror the people in there very Funny one leh..with Tattoos...

also they smoke..and the shop with No signboard one leh...hmm..either Resale Car business or something else ??!!

• SRC Member

I kind find the shop sell things quite EX...but then again ..I donno the comparisons. the lady boss quite CHO one..LAO CHO..:) but donno anything like compatibility etc...just pushing sales...brain coral...or I donno hammer if they are selling..PLS they are only using FL for lighting only..DONNO if its enough to have coral surviving..

Heyz there. new to this forum. :D . recently vistied that shop. chao hard to find though. had to call to be able to locate the place. the pple there *good thing* s-l-o-w-l-y directed me to the place. *considering that i'm so bad at directions*

i think it's quite ok though. i talked a little to the owners and i think they're quite friendly. :lol:

then the price... i think might be quite ex lar. but hor. the quality's quite good lehz. :). :peace: and the lady boss there sort of adviced me not to put clown fish into a newly set tank but to put damsel. but i bought both. and the clown died. :paiseh: dumb me huh? just for the fun of it anyway. it's only $3! B)

so well! nth much to it though. just crapping some stuff here. bb! :upsidedown:

sigh....only $3...... :o:huh:

welcome to SRC! A wonderful site dedicated to sharing and learning for RESPONSIBLE hobbyists!

No offence, we are happy for another to join us, but jokes aside, we hope you'll enjoy the hobby thru patience and considerate actions.

Chill! ;)

• SRC Member
Heyz there. new to this forum. :D . recently vistied that shop. chao hard to find though. had to call to be able to locate the place. the pple there *good thing* s-l-o-w-l-y directed me to the place. *considering that i'm so bad at directions*

i think it's quite ok though. i talked a little to the owners and i think they're quite friendly. :lol:

then the price... i think might be quite ex lar. but hor. the quality's quite good lehz. :). :peace: and the lady boss there sort of adviced me not to put clown fish into a newly set tank but to put damsel. but i bought both. and the clown died. :paiseh: dumb me huh? just for the fun of it anyway. it's only $3! B)

you've been long in this the hobby? So you bought some clownfish and damsels so you could watch them die? :sick: girlfriend , this forum is for hobbyists and marine enthusiasts and not "Darla" from Finding Nemo! :cry:

• SRC Member
PLS they are only using FL for lighting only..DONNO if its enough to have coral surviving..

If they are meant for sale, FL light is all right to use for view-before-purchase, provided the corals are relatively fast selling. Corals for display tank are of course a different matter. As long as these facts are mentioned to customer when inquired, I see nothing wrong with using FL lights in this situation.

Anyway, they have a Prizm Protein Skimmer out on display working but the flow rate is set too high so much so that salt water is flowing into the collection cup (unless they purposely did it that way). If you want the filter media basket for the Prizm, they have it at SGD16.50.

• SRC Member

i haf nothing against this shop altho i must say that the owners/operators do not haf adequate knowledge as far as reefkeeping is concerned.... the only thing they seem clear about is price... my only concern is that they may give newbies in this hobby the wrong info that would lead them the wrong way...

• SRC Member
the lady boss there sort of adviced me not to put clown fish into a newly set tank but to put damsel. but i bought both. and the clown died.  :paiseh: dumb me huh? just for the fun of it anyway. it's only $3! B)

Hi, I believe most of us if not all does not support the idea of using Live stock for cycling. Just LR alone should be able to start the process. Hope you will be more senstive to the life of each fish. We strongly believe in "Responsible Reefing" here in SRC.

Cheers