nqh71

dude,

nice what....why lousy?

interesting background :P

but ah...

that star looks like a choc chip... <_<

if it is..it not exactly reef safe :P

HI Bro,

That starfish is in my FOWLR 4ft tank... The hammer is in my 2.5ft coral tank...

Honestly, saw th pictures taken by other members very clear and sharp even for the close up photos... Tried taking some close up, turn out to be terrible, don't even want to put up here...

• SRC Member

I use the trick of not using the camera flash light. You may want to wait until the night so that you can turn off the room lights. Just rely solely on the tank lights. Try and see if the result is better. In any case these fotos are fine, at least to me.

I used this method to take pics of my discus. Did wonders for them... :D

try to use tripod n support..

b4 squeeze the trigger.. I mean the button.

pause, held breast.. I mean breathe.. shoot..

follow thru.. click.. oki..

yrs is wat cam..? My is oly.. can add macro, see thru..

UV etc..etc.. quite happy with it. but abit bulky.

HI ozy,

I tried taking without flash... totally blur...

Hi bwilly,

If i hold a breast... then I will be taking some other photos and not marine... :lol::lol::lol: ANyway, my camera is cheapo type... Fuji... Maybe I will try using a better camera and see whether it works...

• SRC Member
Onghm to the rescue... :P

But geez...your pic is so big... :blink:

wa, pai seh leh....rescue ? not qualify lah....but we can exchange pointers with each other :P

ngh71,

Your pic not lousy what.

i think u too humble :P

I've not done much flash photography, so nothing to share, paiseh :P

But its one good area to explore as its very useful to freeze fast-swimming fish-shot.

For the few pics you have posted, i would suggest you go without flash.

Like what other reefers have suggested, if your hands are shaky, use a tripod.

Turn off ambience light to reduce reflection.

Easy shot would be to position the camera perpendicular to the glass-pane.

If taking pics at an angle, take note u might need to do manual focusing if the camera is trying to focus on the glass-pane instead.

For moving object, (eg coral swaying), use a bigger aperture (F2.8 etc..) to shorten the exposure time.

To get close-up shot, that depends if your camera has macro mode or not.

Keep posting, practice makes perfect :)

my 2 cents

wa, pai seh leh....rescue ? not qualify lah....but we can exchange pointers with each other :P

ngh71,

Your pic not lousy what.

i think u too humble :P

I've not done much flash photography, so nothing to share, paiseh :P

But its one good area to explore as its very useful to freeze fast-swimming fish-shot.

For the few pics you have posted, i would suggest you go without flash.

Like what other reefers have suggested, if your hands are shaky, use a tripod.

Turn off ambience light to reduce reflection.

Easy shot would be to position the camera perpendicular to the glass-pane.

If taking pics at an angle, take note u might need to do manual focusing if the camera is trying to focus on the glass-pane instead.

For moving object, (eg coral swaying), use a bigger aperture (F2.8 etc..) to shorten the exposure time.

To get close-up shot, that depends if your camera has macro mode or not.

Keep posting, practice makes perfect :)

my 2 cents

hi bRO,

Thanx for your advice.. Will try your recommendations... ;)

• SRC Member

nice..

:shock: wah so many damsels!

hmmm batik background? :P

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

yea, like what bwilly said, tripods. it's rather essential because unless you don't smoke, your hands tend to tremble a bit. and since digi cams take a split second to capture the image, a slight budge will just make the whole picture blur. if you ask me, a tripod is THE most essentil tool in sharp crisp pictures.

yea, like what bwilly said, tripods. it's rather essential because unless you don't smoke, your hands tend to tremble a bit. and since digi cams take a split second to capture the image, a slight budge will just make the whole picture blur. if you ask me, a tripod is THE most essentil tool in sharp crisp pictures.

eh, not really smoke or not. Smoker will tend to have more shaky hands..

I used to smoke afair bit in my "youth" days.

Digi cam is slower in snapping due to the writing speed to the card.

Better technology will render that error.

Using flash is only good for certain shots. Usually it will "whitewash"

the whole pic.

a tripod is important, but the statement about shakey hands and digital cameras is not completely true. film SLR cameras also will experience "ghosting", aka camera shake when image is being taken.

the only way to prevent it is.

a) tripod

B) tripod

c) tripod

d) tripod

:P yes the emphasis on the tripod. but then, some clown friends of mine, get tripod and they'll still get camera shake. then its time to get a cable release or something like that. this will prevent you to have direct contact with the camera if you need to release the shutter. another cheaper way to go around using a tripod is

a) brace yourself against a sturdy object. and make sure your hands are supported. like rest yourself ontop of a table.

B) increase the shutter speed. this however, must be compensated with decreasing your f/stop number, which increases the apperture to allow more light to go in since you're starving the camera of light

c) use a flash.

to prevent white washing of flash, try to meter your flash against the subject, and drop down +- 1 value on the flash rating. this will cause the flash to be slightly less warm in colour I think. not too sure on this rating already. alternatively is to have your flash bounce of something *like a wall, ceiling, reflector* instead of having it face the object directly.

eh, not really smoke or not. Smoker will tend to have more shaky hands..

I used to smoke afair bit in my "youth" days.

Digi cam is slower in snapping due to the writing speed to the card.

Better technology will render that error.

Using flash is only good for certain shots. Usually it will "whitewash"

the whole pic.

don't remind me. I had a torrid time taking photographs of fireworks during NDP for the past two years because of the slow writing speed. especially when in BULB mode. sian siah....

those are the times I wish I had a decent film SLR. :P

but under normal mode, my D30 can go up to 5 shots before requiring 10secs to write everything down into my microdrive. hehz. pathetic, eh?