CHEATED by BUYER!!! Tank left for sale

Hi All, I was cheated by my buyer who had agreed to buy by whole tank setup + livestock & equipment for $1.2k. Beware of this young skinny chinese guy by the name of Joseph.

So I putting out my out Tank + Cabinet + 2xHoods for sale at $300.

Contact me @ 98776296 or pm me.

For photos, refer to the below link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023438@N08/page2/

Or my initial setup sale thread below:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...topic=60665&hl=

For those interested to read the story: con't below.

I had initially put up my entire setup for sale and a really "all must go" price. I had received calls from lots of interested individuals to view the tank and many offered to pay deposit. However for the welfare of my lifestocks and to be fair (afterall this is a not a brand new setup and I don't want pple to commit to buy w/o even viewing the stuff)- I decided that I will only start to entertain viewing at 6pm one particular evening. So sale will be on FCFS basis. However this Joseph happened to be the first potential buyer to called me and complained that the viewing time was unfair to him becos he work ends at 10pm. He requested to come view my tank at 11pm in the night before and pay me $500 deposit. I decided since he was the first caller, I oblige to his request. However he turned up with only $300 as deposit. As it was getting late and I'm anxious to close the deal, I agree to take the deposit. He could not collect my tank immediately because he is going to setup the tank in his new house which is still under renovation until Sept. I agree to let him settle his stuff and collect everything by 1 week of Sept. He also hard bargained to pay me the outstanding amt in $200/session each time he comes to collect some of the stuff. This I also agreed.

However on the first session he come to collect my lifestock (Fish + Corals). He only brough with him a tiny foam box & a few tiny plastic bags. As such I have to provide him with boxes & plastic bags and buckets and he had to made 2 rounds the same night to collect all the lifestocks. Not to mention he was more than an hour late when the appt was at 9pm. This session stretch late and I was pissed with such mis-management on his part. So I demanded him to pay up the rest of the balance of $900. He then hard bargained and claim WHAT IF my equipment spoil by the time he collect it in Sept....(an excuse I thought is ridiculous since he had inspected that my whole setup is working fine on seperate occassions already) Since he already collected my corals (not fishes yet) and I had earlier agreed to take $200 installments. To be fair and not to take advantage of him: I gave him the option to back out of the deal and keep all my corals for FREE and I'll give him back his entire deposit. Basically I don't trust this ill-prepared guy to take good care of my beloved fishes. He hard bargained again and I was softened to agree to his offer to pay balance of $900 in half. That night he paid me $450 in cash.

The recent session he came to collect my equipment (pumps, skimmers, chiller, MHs...etc), he agreed over the phone before hand to pay me the remaining $450 balance. When he turned up, he said he forgot to draw cash and offer to pay me thru internet cash transfer. I stupidly agreed since I don't want to made him go draw cash as he do not have his own transport. So he took the equipment and and that Friday night he smsed me on that he had already transferred the $450 and mentioned that my MH is malfunctioning and my skimmer is leaky (Totally ridiculous since these are working down to the last minute he collected them!). However I have not received his internet transfer even until today (7 days later). I even smsed him that if he is in any way not satisfied with my equipment he can take still back out of the deal and keep ALL my lifestock for FREE and get ALL his money back. My attempts to contact him and sms him received no response. Now I know I'm dupped. Although I still received $750 from him, the equipment he took well worth more than than amount easily. My TECO chiller alone already cost me $1.5K when new. It wasn't really the money that pissed me but the fact that I had made so much accomodation to be kind and fair and someone he took advantage of it.

So a lesson for all foks here: Insist on CASH. Never be soft hearted.

So I still got the my tank for sale. It comes with a nice wodden cabinet, 3xft customed sump tank and 2 wooden hood. One is the original low ht. hood for mainly mounting of VHOs. I had another customed made wooden hood for mounting MHs & VHOs. All these I asking for $300. Viewing welcome. Contact me @ 98776296 or pm me.

Bro... why not you just report him to the police... the previous pm and sms with him helps in the investigations and i believe this kind of ppl deserve to be punished... anyway if i'm not wrong every form of electronic message can be considered as a contract and what he's doing now is illegal...

once a guy trick me on purchasing a faulty game and within 2 days after reporting to the police that guy immediatly sms me to pass me back my money... :D

• SRC Member

u can get provide his hp no. to the police too.... :D

anyway....mind telling us the nick so that reefers here can beware of such ppl.. <_<

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Hi All, I was cheated by my buyer who had agreed to buy by whole tank setup + livestock & equipment for $1.2k. Beware of this young skinny chinese guy by the name of Joseph.

So I putting out my out Tank + Cabinet + 2xHoods for sale at $300.

Contact me @ 98776296 or pm me.

For photos, refer to the below link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023438@N08/page2/

Or my initial setup sale thread below:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...topic=60665&hl=

For those interested to read the story: con't below.

I had initially put up my entire setup for sale and a really "all must go" price. I had received calls from lots of interested individuals to view the tank and many offered to pay deposit. However for the welfare of my lifestocks and to be fair (afterall this is a not a brand new setup and I don't want pple to commit to buy w/o even viewing the stuff)- I decided that I will only start to entertain viewing at 6pm one particular evening. So sale will be on FCFS basis. However this Joseph happened to be the first potential buyer to called me and complained that the viewing time was unfair to him becos he work ends at 10pm. He requested to come view my tank at 11pm in the night before and pay me $500 deposit. I decided since he was the first caller, I oblige to his request. However he turned up with only $300 as deposit. As it was getting late and I'm anxious to close the deal, I agree to take the deposit. He could not collect my tank immediately because he is going to setup the tank in his new house which is still under renovation until Sept. I agree to let him settle his stuff and collect everything by 1 week of Sept. He also hard bargained to pay me the outstanding amt in $200/session each time he comes to collect some of the stuff. This I also agreed.

However on the first session he come to collect my lifestock (Fish + Corals). He only brough with him a tiny foam box & a few tiny plastic bags. As such I have to provide him with boxes & plastic bags and buckets and he had to made 2 rounds the same night to collect all the lifestocks. Not to mention he was more than an hour late when the appt was at 9pm. This session stretch late and I was pissed with such mis-management on his part. So I demanded him to pay up the rest of the balance of $900. He then hard bargained and claim WHAT IF my equipment spoil by the time he collect it in Sept....(an excuse I thought is ridiculous since he had inspected that my whole setup is working fine on seperate occassions already) Since he already collected my corals (not fishes yet) and I had earlier agreed to take $200 installments. To be fair and not to take advantage of him: I gave him the option to back out of the deal and keep all my corals for FREE and I'll give him back his entire deposit. Basically I don't trust this ill-prepared guy to take good care of my beloved fishes. He hard bargained again and I was softened to agree to his offer to pay balance of $900 in half. That night he paid me $450 in cash.

The recent session he came to collect my equipment (pumps, skimmers, chiller, MHs...etc), he agreed over the phone before hand to pay me the remaining $450 balance. When he turned up, he said he forgot to draw cash and offer to pay me thru internet cash transfer. I stupidly agreed since I don't want to made him go draw cash as he do not have his own transport. So he took the equipment and and that Friday night he smsed me on that he had already transferred the $450 and mentioned that my MH is malfunctioning and my skimmer is leaky (Totally ridiculous since these are working down to the last minute he collected them!). However I have not received his internet transfer even until today (7 days later). I even smsed him that if he is in any way not satisfied with my equipment he can take still back out of the deal and keep ALL my lifestock for FREE and get ALL his money back. My attempts to contact him and sms him received no response. Now I know I'm dupped. Although I still received $750 from him, the equipment he took well worth more than than amount easily. My TECO chiller alone already cost me $1.5K when new. It wasn't really the money that pissed me but the fact that I had made so much accomodation to be kind and fair and someone he took advantage of it.

So a lesson for all foks here: Insist on CASH. Never be soft hearted.

So I still got the my tank for sale. It comes with a nice wodden cabinet, 3xft customed sump tank and 2 wooden hood. One is the original low ht. hood for mainly mounting of VHOs. I had another customed made wooden hood for mounting MHs & VHOs. All these I asking for $300. Viewing welcome. Contact me @ 98776296 or pm me.

Thanks for the warning.

• SRC Member

sorry to hear that earthborne.

it's just so ugly to see these happening.

no point keeping his nick to urself too.

hope u manage to clear ur tank soon.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

I agree with the rest of Bros, cool down. Things already happen really can't help much. But thanks for your advise. If I will you, I think I will be same like you, ANGRY!!! Outside they do have this type of buyer but some of them are very nice too. I mean they don't tell you in front whether he is cheater or honest. That's when we sell things to them. We really have to be careful.

• SRC Member
I had met contact with buyer and settled our case offline.

I got back my equipment and will be selling them again when I verified they are working well.

Dear forumers, hope the flames rest from here onwards....

tts quite lucky... :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata