LFS in Japan-Tokyo,anyone know of any

I tried hunting down a good LFS in Tokyo too but ala... I can't read Japanese. Apparently all the good marine LFS are not in Tokyo city centre but on the outskirts. The one that is under the Tokyo Towers is not a real LFS but a public aquarium.... no big deal... all kinds of fish including FW.

Best to get a copy of the local Japanese marine guidebooks, they have listings of shops there but you have to get a Japanese to translate it to english for you... and then try to find public transport there by yourself... coz taxis will KILL you (your pocket that is).

I MISS TOKYO!!!! :cry2:

• SRC Member

AT, one glance I thought you said "I, Miss Tokyo". I misses Tokyo too. Of course I never been there. Watching the Japanese drama serial make me miss Tokyo. B)

Why would one want to shop in Tokyo LFS? The food price kills you already.

• SRC Member

>Best to get a copy of the local Japanese marine guidebooks, they have listings of >shops there but you have to get a Japanese to translate it to english for you... >and then try to find public transport there by yourself... coz taxis will KILL you >(your pocket that is).

:bow: Thanks for the tip, :idea: must try to get a temp gf there to help out liao....maybe can get free translation,free transport and.......... :fear::ph34r::fear::ph34r::lol:

• SRC Member

>Why would one want to shop in Tokyo LFS? The food price kills you already.

;) I veri interested to see their gadgets , livestock ......... must check out the reef hobbyist culture diff....if can find special gadgets :phone: , rare livestock.....will be worth the visit already..... :eyebrow:

Eyeball Rotation Exercise... begin! :)

Everything about Japan is so beautiful... the weather, the people, the food, the gadgets, transportation, the city... sigh!

• SRC Member
:idea: Bringing back gadgets will not be a problem except the voltage difference.....ie 100/110V and 220/230V , as for Livestock, most likely cannot bring back, :whistle maybe will try for those rare and seldom find one :evil: and if they are those durable, small and can tahan the 7 hour flight one :sick: ..... :P

There are a few marine shops located in Central tokyo.

The most acessible 1 is located near to Ueno Subway (Yamanote line). It called Hikari.Very good quality life stock. Exotic too, but very expensive.

ANother 1 is located near to Shinjuku Subway. Its on the top storey of

a major departmental store. Also good quality life stock. Try to get the Aqualife

magazines, they have adverts in every issues.

Also, for really cool experience of marine public aquarium, can try sunshine city's

Marine Aquarium. Located about 10mins walk from Ikebukore subway station

think its about 1800yen per entry

My opinion is to go for their equipment, high quality stuffs....very chio and nice

ADA stuff is considerably cheaper in japan.

The most acessible 1 is located near to Ueno Subway (Yamanote line). It called Hikari.Very good quality life stock. Exotic too, but very expensive.

a major departmental store. Also good quality life stock. Try to get the Aqualife

Also, for really cool experience of marine public aquarium, can try sunshine city's

My opinion is to go for their equipment, high quality stuffs....very chio and nice

wah looks like you have been hunting lfs in japan :lol::lol::lol::lol:

AARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

How come I never met you earlier!!!!!!

:cry2:

• SRC Member

Hi,

you're right, tokyo way of life and living expenses are expensive, dun expect to find things cheaper than in singapore.

when I'm in Jakarta, the test kit and pump price is higer than what we can find in Singapore.

Singapore is still the cheapest place to buy accessories.

:lol: