peacemaker's office nano 2

peacemaker

• SRC Member

bro peacemaker has this charm with zoas.. :eyebrow: they always look so nice and heathy..

btw bro, great to see the yumas multiplying! its a really good feeling.. :)

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
bro peacemaker has this charm with zoas.. :eyebrow: they always look so nice and heathy..

btw bro, great to see the yumas multiplying! its a really good feeling.. :)

Thanks bro! I hope this will last... :paiseh:

I spotted some nudis lookalike on my tank glass this afternoon. Shape and size the same, but white in colour. I'm not sure if these are juveniles, but I took them out nevertheless. Hopefully, that's the end of them, but I'm keeping a close watch. :fear:

This is one of my tiniest zoa frags. It didn't do well when I first brought it home from a LFS, and was constantly attacked by algae. I had to brush them off lightly, but now only 3 polyps survived. They are finally opening up slowly. Hope they can grow more. It looks much more striking orange in-person.

i tink i got 1 rock of this lehz..

let me knw if u got stuff wanna xchange...

• Senior Reefer

peacemaker bro, where did u buy ur xenia from? haha. looking high and low for xenias. please let me know thanks. they can tahan high light or not? i only left one space for them right at the very top of my tank. using T5s, and the curent there is quite good. thanks

• SRC Member
peacemaker bro, where did u buy ur xenia from? haha. looking high and low for xenias. please let me know thanks. they can tahan high light or not? i only left one space for them right at the very top of my tank. using T5s, and the curent there is quite good. thanks

I got those from Iwarna quite some time back. Those didn't survive the tank crash, so all gone. :cry:

IMO, you might wanna re-consider putting them in high flow areas as they will tend to sway instead of pulse.

• SRC Member
I love blues... :eyebrow:

I love blues too... But hate Monday blues... :lol: :lol:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Yumas multiplying... notice the 2 babies in the middle. :eyebrow:

Dat's really nice... :yeah: And real fast splitting... ;)

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
indeed very cute , i like the color of it =)

Haha... yes. When I first saw it, I was already attracted to its colours and stripes. The info in Live Aquaria states the max length it'll grow is 2", which is suitable for a nano tank. :eyebrow: I have not seen it feed yet, but it was pecking at my tank glass (erm... which is quite dirty, as you can see in the pic... :paiseh: ).

• SRC Member
Yellow stripe clingfish. Very cute fella (slightly longer than 1") with a sweet personality. Started exploring the tank the moment I released it from the bag. :wub:

Eh bro, I thought you reservist? AWOL to go buy fish ah? JK.. You're very committed to reefing man, precious weekend also go back office to tend to tank, LOL!

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Eh bro, I thought you reservist? AWOL to go buy fish ah? JK.. You're very committed to reefing man, precious weekend also go back office to tend to tank, LOL!

Haha... there's always something called I-net. :eyebrow: Weekends can book out mah.

If I don't take care of my tank, lots of things can go wrong during my absence. Its called Murphy's Law. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Time for an update! How's your tank and scrubber doing?

Well... Murphy's Law kinda struck during the last week of my reservist. :pinch:

The clingfish decided to take a swim in the filter compartment... +1 ikan billis... My colleagues saved him a few times, but still ended up there. <_< My anemone shrimp also went over, but I made a mistake by scooping it and putting it back to the display side without protecting it. The moment it start to sink, my clownfish thought it was food and attacked it. :cry:

Somehow, I can't keep Yasha gobies... this fella went MIA for awhile, but when it decided to appear, I had to witness its massacre... the cleaner shrimps attacked it and ripped his belly open. :shock: I believe he wasn't doing well already, so they took advantage of the situation. Hardly any bones left the next morning...

Scrubber didn't work out. My hang-on filter made a lot of noise, and being in the office, it was not acceptable and had to be switched off. It was left dry for a week, and started to smell. I had to throw it away. I managed to get my hands on some cloth meant for cross stitching, so I'll give it a try if I ever upgrade...

My tank was infested with green hair algae... what makes it worse is my zoas got hit by nudis... :ph34r: my weekends were spent battling with them, dipping every single frag with Lugol's solution. I did this at least 3 times in 3 weeks, so hopefully it has solved the nudis problem. The downside is my zoas seemed stressed out, and most were partially opened.

Summary of my misery... <_<

Well... Murphy's Law kinda struck during the last week of my reservist. :pinch:

The clingfish decided to take a swim in the filter compartment... +1 ikan billis... My colleagues saved him a few times, but still ended up there. <_< My anemone shrimp also went over, but I made a mistake by scooping it and putting it back to the display side without protecting it. The moment it start to sink, my clownfish thought it was food and attacked it. :cry:

Somehow, I can't keep Yasha gobies... this fella went MIA for awhile, but when it decided to appear, I had to witness its massacre... the cleaner shrimps attacked it and ripped his belly open. :shock: I believe he wasn't doing well already, so they took advantage of the situation. Hardly any bones left the next morning...

Scrubber didn't work out. My hang-on filter made a lot of noise, and being in the office, it was not acceptable and had to be switched off. It was left dry for a week, and started to smell. I had to throw it away. I managed to get my hands on some cloth meant for cross stitching, so I'll give it a try if I ever upgrade...

My tank was infested with green hair algae... what makes it worse is my zoas got hit by nudis... :ph34r: my weekends were spent battling with them, dipping every single frag with Lugol's solution. I did this at least 3 times in 3 weeks, so hopefully it has solved the nudis problem. The downside is my zoas seemed stressed out, and most were partially opened.

Summary of my misery... <_<

always wait for all e poylps of ur zos clsoed b4 dipping them into medications..

mayb its a chance for u to rescape e tank..