My 2 feet Tank

deman

wrong forum to post!!!!

anyway i noticed two different kinds of sand using. can specify?

also can post tank specs?

and lastly wad light u using?

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

that seems like atman PL lights... hmmm what LS do u have in there?

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

i got 2 blue damsel, 1 dragonnet, 2 mushroom & 1 white anemone.

going to add more livestock maroon clownfish.

not using powerhead for water circulation,my rainbar water flow quite strong i think no need to use powerhead,

water quite clear.

i using one type of sand c01 & PL light stand can't remember the brand but not atman.

2 more picture attached.

thank for comments.

post-34-1069402889.jpg

Healthy anemones normally will have a tanned look. Brown-green..depending on the amount of zooxanthellae they house. Once these become expelled, the anemone starts turning white. Usually quite bad news from there onwards.....

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Anemones should have some 'colour' in them.... mostly green or brown, although some come in shades of paler colours.

I am not too sure about yours, if its bleached or just pale.. although I suspect it may be bleached.

Don't be mistaken, the tips or outer skin can exhibit flourescent colours but we are talking about the body colour of the main stalk or the polyps.

Its the photosynthetic zooxanthelae cells in them that gives the colour.

When an anemone is stressed (probably heat-related), it may expel the zoozanthelae cells and when it then becomes 'empty'... the body will look pale white or even transparent. Same thing goes for corals who exhibit this same symptoms.

Bleached corals and inverts do look nice due to the pale colours but in reality, they are actually in danger.

With no more energy coming from the symbiotic photosynethetic algae, the bleached anemone will need supplementary feeding of meaty foods till they colour up back again over time.

Healthy anemones normally will have a tanned look. Brown-green..depending on the amount of zooxanthellae they house. Once these become expelled, the anemone starts turning white. Usually quite bad news from there onwards.....

Fuel! :D

We both said the same thing but I guess I am always the long-winded one! :lol: