Vinc's 2ft Cube Tank

here's my newest addition, turquoise blue S. Haddoni carpet anemone.. it has anchored itself nice and comfy, now just waiting for my percula pair to take a liking to it.. :angel:

hopefully in the meantime it doesn't eat my fishes up!

Nice colors...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Nice colors...

thanks bro, its nothing rare, but its colours are suitable for my tank, therefore i took the risk to add it.. hope it stays good..

• SRC Member
oh its lovely. and so its your tank. yeah hope it doesnt eat up your fishes... or misbehave..

thanks bro, my fingers are kept crossed.. :huh:

Blue haddoni is well-sought after iirc.. nice :P

Was thinking of getting one as i intend to keep a pair of black ocellaris.. :)

black occellaris would contrast nicely with a light blue haddoni.. the effect wld be quite nice! do show us some photos when you manage to get it up.. :)

• SRC Member
black occellaris would contrast nicely with a light blue haddoni.. the effect wld be quite nice! do show us some photos when you manage to get it up.. :)

Haha... still not confirmed yet... but would really love a blue haddoni.. esp we have black sand somemore :)

• SRC Member
Haha... still not confirmed yet... but would really love a blue haddoni.. esp we have black sand somemore :)

Yeah I'm hoping very hard we can find one so if you guys see any blue hadooni, please give us a shout!! :) Your carpet is really BEAUTIFUL... the pics are wonderful.. :) so envious of that lovely piece you got there. :paiseh:

A beauty it is!

cheers,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

or a bright electric green one would be nice too.. been searching for one but to no avail.. :(

• SRC Member
Yeah I'm hoping very hard we can find one so if you guys see any blue hadooni, please give us a shout!! :) Your carpet is really BEAUTIFUL... the pics are wonderful.. :) so envious of that lovely piece you got there. :paiseh:

A beauty it is!

cheers,

Desi

dun worry Desi, i will definitely help you be on the lookout.. i'm a carpet fan myself.. :)

anyway here is FIRST BLOOD.. my nassarius snail fell onto the carpet, and almost got eaten up.. he got fully paralysed and was almost engulfed by the carpet.. i had to pull it out to save it.. seems to be still alive, despite looking very weak and with a crooked antenna now.. :mellow:

post-9599-1263348957_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

In a way, snail not as heart pain as a beautiful fish... but then again..... the humble snail still does good work of cleaning the sand.... I will say a little prayer for your half crooked snail.... :P

:unsure:

Desi..

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Supporter

brilliant piece of haddoni!! its a brave act to keep a haddoni in a reef tank.

u know they can do ridiculus things to fishes. however, its still a wonderful piece of anemone esp the place its at! fit in perfectly. :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
Silly snail! LOL :upsidedown:

indeed, haha.. :)

i have had my fair share of half eaten dead snails due to my elegance too... nassarius... -sigh-

wao, didn't know elegance were so potent as well.. :mellow:

In a way, snail not as heart pain as a beautiful fish... but then again..... the humble snail still does good work of cleaning the sand.... I will say a little prayer for your half crooked snail.... :P

:unsure:

Desi..

haha dun worry the snail is alright now.. actually i was more worried for the carpet injuring his mouth fromn the sharp snail shell.. :paiseh:

brilliant piece of haddoni!! its a brave act to keep a haddoni in a reef tank.

u know they can do ridiculus things to fishes. however, its still a wonderful piece of anemone esp the place its at! fit in perfectly. :)

thanks bro, you are definitely right they can do ridiculous things to the fishes.. luckily so far all my fishes are still present! (i do head count everyday haha)

• SRC Member

Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus, Red Margin Pink Fairy Wrasse

Cirrhilabrus exquisitus, Exquisite Wrasse

post-9599-1263700778_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1263700799_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1263700811_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

should be a Paracheilinus filamentosus, Filamented Flasher Wrasse (if i'm not wrong)

to go along with the old resident, the McCosker's Flasher Wrasse..

post-9599-1263700892_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1263700921_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1263700930_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1263701042_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

lovely red margin and exquisite. from CF?

and nice flasher! looks actually like a filamentosus, but not very sure. a very alpha specimen. the lower lobe of the tail will elongate as it matures even more to form a very deep lunated sickle

• SRC Member
lovely red margin and exquisite. from CF?

and nice flasher! looks actually like a filamentosus, but not very sure. a very alpha specimen. the lower lobe of the tail will elongate as it matures even more to form a very deep lunated sickle

thanks bro, yupps i just changed the ID to filamentosus.. initially thought it was a cyaneus.. but its ok, a nonetheless dazzling specimen.. :)

yupps you are right, margin and exquisite from CF, very pretty wrasses for an inexpensive price, couldn't resist..

• Senior Reefer
thanks bro, yupps i just changed the ID to filamentosus.. initially thought it was a cyaneus.. but its ok, a nonetheless dazzling specimen.. :)

yupps you are right, margin and exquisite from CF, very pretty wrasses for an inexpensive price, couldn't resist..

yeah haha! way to go on the wrasses. that should keep your flashers busy.

thanks bro, my fingers are kept crossed.. :huh:

I have seen blue occellaris in dark blue haddoni and the effect is :whistle:whistle:whistle

Anyway red and blues are coming... stay tuned :eyebrow::eyebrow:

• SRC Member
yeah haha! way to go on the wrasses. that should keep your flashers busy.

i sure hope so! they were squaring off last night.. hope the colours maintain.. :)

I have seen blue occellaris in dark blue haddoni and the effect is :whistle:whistle:whistle

Anyway red and blues are coming... stay tuned :eyebrow::eyebrow:

red and blue ones coming?? i definitely must stay tuned.. :eyebrow:

should be a Paracheilinus filamentosus, Filamented Flasher Wrasse (if i'm not wrong)

to go along with the old resident, the McCosker's Flasher Wrasse..

WOW !!! nice shot & tanks...btw bro thanks for your pink frags now I can see is growing.....:)

• SRC Member
WOW !!! nice shot & tanks...btw bro thanks for your pink frags now I can see is growing.....:)

thank you bro Kelvin, glad to know that the frags are growing well for you.. :)

Good wrasse collection!!!! :whistle

Roger! long time no see, are you coming back to marine already..? no wrasse collection can match your previous tank! it was my inspiration!