OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

:upsidedown: I'm trying to 'dissect' its genomes cos' never see such nice hybrids before. :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Isn't this pearl-eye clarki in LCK?

I'm a noob when it comes to designers clowns. Pls enlighten me which part does it show hybrid?

• Senior Reefer

although all the above are rare, none can compete with this.

Cirrhilabrus walindi.

it is very closely related to it's sister species, Cirrhilabrus cenderawasih.

unlike the others previously posted, this has never made it's way into the trade before. that is, perhaps until now.

i can't quite make out if this photo was taken from the wild or an aquarium!

post-15755-0-43116600-1317526148_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

this is an extremely juvenile conspic.

how did this guy get into an aquarium?

well, some random hobbyist was snorkeling trying to catch a seaperch. but the perch went to hide under an urchin and when he removed the urchin, he found this tiny angelfish there. but he went to catch his seaperch first and then went back to catching the tiny conspic.

i still find this story amazing.

i mean the aussies are blessed for being able to catch marginalis, muelleri, scribbled angels from shallow water.

but a juvenile conspic?

ridiculous!

Cook island helfrichi, C.sanguineus, P.piscilineatus, P.flavicauda....

All the above are one of my dream fishes and the first three three i almost had the chance (some hope at least) to buy them, but never came true.

although all the above are rare, none can compete with this.

Cirrhilabrus walindi.

it is very closely related to it's sister species, Cirrhilabrus cenderawasih.

unlike the others previously posted, this has never made it's way into the trade before. that is, perhaps until now.

i can't quite make out if this photo was taken from the wild or an aquarium!

Look like taken in an aquarium.

But walindi was never available in the trade before, just like cenderawasih.

For Members who have pmed me regarding the racist post by Johan, I have already hid the post and sent a warning pm to Johan..

Thanks...

Hi Terryz,

Let me first state that my intention is not to blown the issue out of hand here.

But it will be good for the members here to be able to see the actual comments posted by Mr Johan and let the others judge for themselves if Mr Johan's comment is indeed 'racist'.

It is only fair for Mr Johan who has been labelled as 'racist' a chance to clear the air over his comment. If he is just stating a fact on his observation on the Chinese, he is probably free to do so. But if the comment does contain certain elements of untrue or obvious bias towards the Chinese, he has better explain it further or risk a permanent bad impression from reefers who has gotten partial info or from here say.

While these forum is mainly for the benefit of sharing in the context of marine reefing, racism should not be entertain.

So i urge that the forum administrator handle this matter in a fair and transparent manner, instead of letting the matter rest, leaving ambiguities.

• Like 1

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member

Hi Terryz,

Let me first state that my intention is not to blown the issue out of hand here.

But it will be good for the members here to be able to see the actual comments posted by Mr Johan and let the others judge for themselves if Mr Johan's comment is indeed 'racist'.

It is only fair for Mr Johan who has been labelled as 'racist' a chance to clear the air over his comment. If he is just stating a fact on his observation on the Chinese, he is probably free to do so. But if the comment does contain certain elements of untrue or obvious bias towards the Chinese, he has better explain it further or risk a permanent bad impression from reefers who has gotten partial info or from here say.

While these forum is mainly for the benefit of sharing in the context of marine reefing, racism should not be entertain.

So i urge that the forum administrator handle this matter in a fair and transparent manner, instead of letting the matter rest, leaving ambiguities.

+1.

Hi Terryz,

+1

Hi Terryz,

Okay, I will unhide the posts den becos some might find it irritating...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

I hope the matter will rest soon. Afterall there has been no right and no wrong in all the "exchanges" between me and Johan. We all have our points and it's only in the matter of execution.

I definitely am no expert nor do I self proclaim that, and all I'm interested in is sharing whatever I know on this forum. Wether or not the information is from books, my scientist and hobby friends from around the world, or internet. wether it is true or false, you decide. Afterall we all start somewhere.

• Senior Reefer

Wow... it looks like it has gone through a colour printer... amazing.

Ya it's pretty amazing.

Makes me wonder if the result was a hybrid x hybrid? Or just a regular F1 hybrid from 2 normal parents.

There's tons of super amazing ultra lemonpeel hybrids around. Lemonpeels remain to be one of the most promiscuous species of dwarf Angels capable of producing many hybrids with a few species

• Senior Reefer

my favourite hybrid lemonpeels are those with a very black back with electric blue lines.

such as these.

but these are considered ultra grade and very rare. they even have grouchou heads!

post-15755-0-27693700-1317548208_thumb.j

post-15755-0-66329900-1317548213_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

here's 2 hybrid of the pearlscale butterfly.

the first photo was taken in the wild. it's a xanthurus x argentatus hybrid

the second photo is from a dead specimen i found at coral farm :( the photo of me holding it looks fresh as it just died. really a shame because this is an extremely rare hybrid of xanthurus x guentheri. it was featured in one of my older reefbuilders article.

both spectacular hybrids. really unfortunate that the guentheri x xanthurus hybrid was dead!

post-15755-0-57203400-1317548355_thumb.j

post-15755-0-71094800-1317548361_thumb.j

• SRC Member

my favourite hybrid lemonpeels are those with a very black back with electric blue lines.

such as these.

but these are considered ultra grade and very rare. they even have grouchou heads!

wow i like this!

very nice!

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

After reading the post, I do not think it is racist. Just an act of handling a fish with bare hand, just that Johan saw that this is done more by the said community. Of course, in reality, there are more of the said community in this hobby compared to the other community as a whole. Those that raise the complaint might have jump the gun prematurely.