Dead CORAL~

absolut_vodka

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

I bought 2 corals to place into my fish tank after cycling and when i came back from my 4 days holiday, one of the corals died!!! I believe its called goniopora? Brownish with little flower-like things! But the fish shop I bought it from insists that its not dead...

I'm so sad... what type of corals should I buy now? I don't want another coral to die!

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

I bought 2 corals to place into my fish tank after cycling and when i came back from my 4 days holiday, one of the corals died!!! I believe its called goniopora? Brownish with little flower-like things! But the fish shop I bought it from insists that its not dead...

I'm so sad... what type of corals should I buy now? I don't want another coral to die!

In the first place you should not have any coral in your tank udrinf the cycling stage

*Kapish* <_<

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

Actually that picture was taken before it died. When it died, the brown parts just disintegrated. I didn't take a photo of it before I threw it out coz I lost my digi camera. Just bought a new one on Sat so can take more pictures now. I'll try taking clearer shots.

• SRC Member
water parameters as follow:

PH : 8.3

NH4/NH3 : 0

NO2 : < 0.3

NO2-N : < 0.1

Water Temp: 29 degrees celcius

I have since bought a twin cooling fan for the tank.

Anything else I should test for?

by looking at your NO2, your cyclying proccess is most likely not done yet..... of course, it could also due to large amount of dead organism in your tank..... btw, how long did you cycled your tank? you tested the water parameter before adding in the LS?

• SRC Member

What should the NO2 be?

The cycling process was about 3 weeks and I've actually changed the water about 3 times already since (10% each time)

And yes, I tested everything before I put in LS.

Right now, all the LS is doing well. All feeding and living together happily. The 2 damsels didn't even disturb the clown fish I put in on Sunday.