Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

No worries bro. It would definately look awesome in your softies reef.

Yea I agree sometimes when you feel certain things which are not right with the tank. You may want to get a totally new one with those problem rectify. Thats how I did with mine and ensure that those problem I faced with my old tank do not resurface in the new one.

I just have one advice, if you really love certain rare fish just get it as there is no point in adding another few more fishes that you may not like as much but bought it out of impulse. A pre- planned stocklist is really important!

PS: Now I may need to get certain equipments from you :P

yes you're right. and this time, QT TANK!

you're kidding. go look at jackywong's thread and you'll see.

mine are all TCSS and no substance lah.

Bro, I have very very opposing views with the way you see things, that is a fact.

But I am really sad to see you deccomm this tank and your 3 footer has been very enlightening.

Well the good news is that you will be back with a bigger upgrade and I look forward to see your new "babe" in the very near future.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

mine are all TCSS and no substance lah.

Bro, I have very very opposing views with the way you see things, that is a fact.

But I am really sad to see you deccomm this tank and your 3 footer has been very enlightening.

Well the good news is that you will be back with a bigger upgrade and I look forward to see your new "babe" in the very near future.

you don't need to worry about the opposing views. as a moderator on this forum i know what is right and even if i don't, i still have 4 more mods on the team and one very capable admin. Things will turn out right. you guys don't need to worry so much.

we take all complaints, "opposing views", comments and feedback VERY seriously. we will take everything into consideration. feel free to speak your mind but as i said, don't worry.

• SRC Member

Why don't you continue with your nano? Very quiet in your nano tank thread... :P

Its good to take a break. I find that this hobby can be very draining at times (time, energy and money!), so if the hobby or things related are starting be a burden/bother, its a good time to take the break.

Fuel is absolutely right... come back with crystal glass tank! :eyebrow:

My tank needs some xenia pom poms! When can I visit you?

• Senior Reefer

Why don't you continue with your nano? Very quiet in your nano tank thread... :P

Its good to take a break. I find that this hobby can be very draining at times (time, energy and money!), so if the hobby or things related are starting be a burden/bother, its a good time to take the break.

Fuel is absolutely right... come back with crystal glass tank! :eyebrow:

My tank needs some xenia pom poms! When can I visit you?

when i post my things for sale. i have a white fiji pom pom xenia. everything should be up by this weekend...

my nano tank will be used as a QT tank in future. never did up the nano in the end.

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

Oi Lemon, your April's fool joke is 1 month too late lah! :upsidedown:

Seriously, sad to hear of you decomming. We both joined the forum around the same time, so in a way, I know your tank almost as well as I know you, sad to see it go. I'm sure you will be back soon, your hands will sure itch the very next shipment after you drain your tank dry. :eyebrow:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

:shock: Sad to hear ya decom plan...but do RETURN with a BIG BANG !!! ★♥。◕‿◕。♥★ :rolleyes:

:eyebrow: And dun forget ya RHOM-RHOM before U GO-GO ! ;)

don't worry my rhomboid buddy. How can i leave this hobby leh? :)

Sad to hear you are decomming... Hope you come back with a bang.. Like me plan everything properly....

Don't worry it's not like im dying or going away for ever lol. we still can catch up, talk about rare fish, angels etc. this time im going to QT all my fishes -.- i suspect i might have velvet now lol. strange thing is only my new fishes are dying. old one no effect.

That is all TCSS thread... belongs to Kopitiam!

no comment. lol. but thanks for the comments on my facebook ketchup. :)

Oi Lemon, your April's fool joke is 1 month too late lah! :upsidedown:

Seriously, sad to hear of you decomming. We both joined the forum around the same time, so in a way, I know your tank almost as well as I know you, sad to see it go. I'm sure you will be back soon, your hands will sure itch the very next shipment after you drain your tank dry. :eyebrow:

yes bino. we've join the forum same time and i believe we've learnt alot from each other. and it's good knowing you too! since i dont have to worry about my tank anymore. can take my time to slowly plan right to the details. including rockscape lol.

• Senior Reefer

While you're gone,

I try to grow some rics, some zoas and some sps for you! so when you come back, you can start up with a BOOMZ! :D

thanks marc. so nice of you. haha! i'll wait for you then

You can engage me for QT consultancy. :)

You won't believe the detailed procedures involved. Everything must be kept separate, and sterile. All it takes is 1 drop of water, and your QT practices can fail you. Even corals need to QT for 2 months. :eyebrow:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

You can engage me for QT consultancy. :)

You won't believe the detailed procedures involved. Everything must be kept separate, and sterile. All it takes is 1 drop of water, and your QT practices can fail you. Even corals need to QT for 2 months. :eyebrow:

The guru hath spoken... :bow:

• Senior Reefer

lol! will keep all this in mind thanks.

discussing with reddevils what i should do after i decomm. this current one definately has to go.. Maybe plan for my future tank. 5ft too large.. maybe do 3x3x3 crystal glass? or 4x3x2? not sure too. anyway will be a slow relaxing process. finally can rest from all that reefing stress.

• SRC Member

is this a curse or what?

when i just got to meet RedDevils, after a week, he decommed..

now just less than a week after meeting you,

you're gonna decom... :paiseh:

anyway,

all the best..

you told me that day you have all the knowledge,

but not enough experience for everything yet..

i'm sure this journey with your 3ft tank will make your future tank an even more successful one..

awaiting your comeback :peace:

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• Senior Reefer

is this a curse or what?

when i just got to meet RedDevils, after a week, he decommed..

now just less than a week after meeting you,

you're gonna decom... :paiseh:

anyway,

all the best..

you told me that day you have all the knowledge,

but not enough experience for everything yet..

i'm sure this journey with your 3ft tank will make your future tank an even more successful one..

awaiting your comeback :peace:

very right. for knowledge can be gained easily from reading. but experience can only be gained from well, experience :) don't worry bro we'll meet up soon ahaha.

• SRC Member

lemon will be back with a 8ft tank!...i've been following lemon's thread for past 2 yrs plus since i was 21yrs old...(shit! now u guys know my age)...seriously, his tank needs an upgrade knowing his tank is built by JM...and with his passion and knowledge about marine life, he will be happier with a better built tank...

i believe...he has already placed or goin' to place an order for new tank...hur hur...am i rite?

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Ah siangz,

21 yrs old my < fill in the space here> !!!! :P

Lemon, if your space can fit, 4 x 3 x 2 .. which is the size of my tank but half a feet wider... :) nice and wide to put lots of stuff and swimming space for fishys... LOL ANd CRYSTAL GLASS for all 3 sides.. make it peninsular too.. or.. maybe you go for viewing on all 4 sides and a Central overflow system!!!

LOL then add an extra 2 feet for the cabinet work at the side so that you can have a 5-6 feet sump below to do all sorts of stuff!!!! :) So total length of tank plus cabinet is 6 feet!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Ah siangz,

21 yrs old my < fill in the space here> !!!! :P

Lemon, if your space can fit, 4 x 3 x 2 .. which is the size of my tank but half a feet wider... :) nice and wide to put lots of stuff and swimming space for fishys... LOL ANd CRYSTAL GLASS for all 3 sides.. make it peninsular too.. or.. maybe you go for viewing on all 4 sides and a Central overflow system!!!

LOL then add an extra 2 feet for the cabinet work at the side so that you can have a 5-6 feet sump below to do all sorts of stuff!!!! :) So total length of tank plus cabinet is 6 feet!

you're 19 this year rite?...so i am 21 loh...

and lemon remember to allocate space for your chiller...i suggest drop coil will be beta as you can place the air-con unit outside....and u can drop the temp to 24 to keep deep water butterflies, candy basslets, japanese angels and wrasses...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Wow Lemon, I thought I would see some new updates, photos this morning ....

but hey; sometimes it is good to re-start, re-vitalize, re-born..!

Will be waiting to see your new tank thread :rolleyes:

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

• Senior Reefer

lemon will be back with a 8ft tank!...i've been following lemon's thread for past 2 yrs plus since i was 21yrs old...(shit! now u guys know my age)...seriously, his tank needs an upgrade knowing his tank is built by JM...and with his passion and knowledge about marine life, he will be happier with a better built tank...

i believe...he has already placed or goin' to place an order for new tank...hur hur...am i rite?

yes i'm in need of some upgrading.

as for new tank? :whistle:

still in the process of planning with some very helpful and close reefing buddies. for now have already decided on my dimensions etc. i do have space for a 4 ft, but i'm thinking of going for 3x3x3. one of my early fantasies was to own a cube tank with all 4 viewing sides. Although it's no change in terms of length, the width and height will be nice. 3ft width will give me more room to play around with the scape. I'm going to NS after 2 years, and it's kinda pointless investing so much for a larger tank, say 4-5 ft. 333 for now will be perfect for me, gives me more space to play around. slightly larger water volume too.

as for the height, a friend suggested doing a low cabinet with the sump not under the tank, but beside it. like this will be very nice as the tank won't be too high. but i'm not too sure about the sump part. have to think more into it. anyway, i have plenty of time to do things slowly. will plan properly. i haven even decomm my existing one yet.

yes i'm in need of some upgrading.

as for new tank? :whistle:

still in the process of planning with some very helpful and close reefing buddies. for now have already decided on my dimensions etc. i do have space for a 4 ft, but i'm thinking of going for 3x3x3. one of my early fantasies was to own a cube tank with all 4 viewing sides. Although it's no change in terms of length, the width and height will be nice. 3ft width will give me more room to play around with the scape. I'm going to NS after 2 years, and it's kinda pointless investing so much for a larger tank, say 4-5 ft. 333 for now will be perfect for me, gives me more space to play around. slightly larger water volume too.

as for the height, a friend suggested doing a low cabinet with the sump not under the tank, but beside it. like this will be very nice as the tank won't be too high. but i'm not too sure about the sump part. have to think more into it. anyway, i have plenty of time to do things slowly. will plan properly. i haven even decomm my existing one yet.

sure you will be back in Big Big tank ...all the best bro.....

... but i'm thinking of going for 3x3x3. one of my early fantasies was to own a cube tank with all 4 viewing sides. Although it's no change in terms of length, the width and height will be nice. 3ft width will give me more room to play around with the scape.

Hi bro,

Don't know if you have had the experience of trying to scape a 'tall' tank but I can tell you from personal experience that my arms are not long enough even for my 2.5 feet height. A 3 ft height.... i think you will have to scape from inside..... you may want to reconsider that....

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

Don't know if you have had the experience of trying to scape a 'tall' tank but I can tell you from personal experience that my arms are not long enough even for my 2.5 feet height. A 3 ft height.... i think you will have to scape from inside..... you may want to reconsider that....

+1 on this..

i've trouble reaching the sand bed with a tank of 2.5 ft in height..

will also have to depend on the height of cabinet i guess,

and how high the chair that you're standing on will be...

but tank with a tall height will always look nice if u scape it well,

it'll create a "deep underwater" feel...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft: