Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

hi guys thanks for the concerns. as i have said, the cabinet will be low so that the 3ft height will not be too much of a hassle. anyway, i'm still planning this slowly so... no hurry.

yes i'm in need of some upgrading.

as for new tank? :whistle:

still in the process of planning with some very helpful and close reefing buddies. for now have already decided on my dimensions etc. i do have space for a 4 ft, but i'm thinking of going for 3x3x3. one of my early fantasies was to own a cube tank with all 4 viewing sides. Although it's no change in terms of length, the width and height will be nice. 3ft width will give me more room to play around with the scape. I'm going to NS after 2 years, and it's kinda pointless investing so much for a larger tank, say 4-5 ft. 333 for now will be perfect for me, gives me more space to play around. slightly larger water volume too.

as for the height, a friend suggested doing a low cabinet with the sump not under the tank, but beside it. like this will be very nice as the tank won't be too high. but i'm not too sure about the sump part. have to think more into it. anyway, i have plenty of time to do things slowly. will plan properly. i haven even decomm my existing one yet.

hmm 333 on a low cabinet with a side side of 2 feet? that probably need a 5-6 ft space in length bro (additional 1ft being the buffer :X)

anyway i think going 20" high is good enough for both sps and softies. 24" will be too much. 20" from what i see around in RC seems to be a good height. and external overflow i guess? (:

glass wise, bro, maybe you wanna think hard on whether your crystal glass to be 12" or 16" because crystal glass scratches easily and may be weak under long term pressure if you want to go for 333 with full crystal. best if you can compliment with some green normal glass as back and bottom with full euro bracing at the btm or something (:

Anyway I see that you're in some good hands with the lao-jiaos. so plan slowly and enjoy the process eh! haha :D

Planning for a new tank is fun. but decomming one sucks. Sad to see you leave this hobby all of a sudden. Seriously, come back soon. The community needs someone as knowledgeable and mature as yourself to run the helm and not forgetting tempt us with some seriously beautiful and colourful FTS once in a while! :D

and yeah, no problem about the frags! my stuff are usually quite loose so easy to pull out and spread the love. haha :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

hmm 333 on a low cabinet with a side side of 2 feet? that probably need a 5-6 ft space in length bro (additional 1ft being the buffer :X)

anyway i think going 20" high is good enough for both sps and softies. 24" will be too much. 20" from what i see around in RC seems to be a good height. and external overflow i guess? (:

glass wise, bro, maybe you wanna think hard on whether your crystal glass to be 12" or 16" because crystal glass scratches easily and may be weak under long term pressure if you want to go for 333 with full crystal. best if you can compliment with some green normal glass as back and bottom with full euro bracing at the btm or something (:

Anyway I see that you're in some good hands with the lao-jiaos. so plan slowly and enjoy the process eh! haha :D

Planning for a new tank is fun. but decomming one sucks. Sad to see you leave this hobby all of a sudden. Seriously, come back soon. The community needs someone as knowledgeable and mature as yourself to run the helm and not forgetting tempt us with some seriously beautiful and colourful FTS once in a while! :D

and yeah, no problem about the frags! my stuff are usually quite loose so easy to pull out and spread the love. haha :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

hi marc thanks for the input. yah am aware of the total length including the out sump. wil have to move the shoe racks away to create space for the sump. the sump cabinet, can in turn be used as a shoe rack lol.

please! i not so rich to go full crystal glass. i think front panel crystal enough. or maybe one side also. rest all normal glass.

• SRC Member

see that you have decided. :rolleyes:

have a well planned one then no need to look back at curse and swear if you know what i meant :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

i'm decomming too, but i'm coming back soon.. i hope to see your new project with a boomz.. :upsidedown:

haha decomm buddies! yes hope to see yours too!

see that you have decided. :rolleyes:

yes.

hi marc thanks for the input. yah am aware of the total length including the out sump. wil have to move the shoe racks away to create space for the sump. the sump cabinet, can in turn be used as a shoe rack lol.

please! i not so rich to go full crystal glass. i think front panel crystal enough. or maybe one side also. rest all normal glass.

ahahaha, wow, then if your chiller goes into that "shoe rack", NICE! warm comfy shoes everyday! :D lol.

ohh haha, ehh I think a full 3ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft crystal is $500+ quoted from Atlantic tankmaker aka xiaomei. haha. anyway about tank setup and pricing, you can consult atlantic. the prices they offer there is incredible and will do delivery as well. the xiao mei there also can recommend you cabinet makers for your love. so far, zorden and bro. dachkie have utilised atlantic's services and can tell they are quite happy for what they paid (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

my offer still stands. just give me a buzz when needed.

have a well planned one then no need to look back at curse and swear. im sure you know what i mean :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

thanks law will need to keep some stuff with you for the time being maybe.

anyway, green lights go go go on the upgrade already. family is ok with it, now sourcing price and availability of the new tank. 3x3x3. i've decided to take it easy on fish stocking, thus i'm not really concerned with the zero change in legnth. going to stock fishes selectively and not anyhow this time. i like the idea of a 3ft width to play around with. scaping will be much easier and more enjoyable.

new tank will probably be running in 2 months time. plenty of time for me to draw out my plans etc etc. time for some well deserved rest too.

• SRC Member

thanks law will need to keep some stuff with you for the time being maybe.

anyway, green lights go go go on the upgrade already. family is ok with it, now sourcing price and availability of the new tank. 3x3x3. i've decided to take it easy on fish stocking, thus i'm not really concerned with the zero change in legnth. going to stock fishes selectively and not anyhow this time. i like the idea of a 3ft width to play around with. scaping will be much easier and more enjoyable.

new tank will probably be running in 2 months time. plenty of time for me to draw out my plans etc etc. time for some well deserved rest too.

Wow...333 tank...with centre overflow? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Senior Reefer

Well, if side or external overflow then is 3 sided tank already. Actually i think if 333, Low Iron won't cost a lot more..

actually, im thinking of 333, 3 side crystal glass. but the problem is, because i'm doing 3ft height, tank maker insist on 15mm. from 12mm to 15mm, crysatl glass is almost double the price. from what i hear lah. the crystal glass and normal glass doesn't cost much difference. the crazy thing is the increment of mm, not number of panels.

my lift and stairs won't be able to fit the 333 tank, so the tank has to be built in my house which will take roughly a week.

alternatively, a friend suggest doing 4x3x2.5, then the thickness maybe can 12mm and won't cost so much. anyway see howl ah still planning.

• SRC Member

actually, im thinking of 333, 3 side crystal glass. but the problem is, because i'm doing 3ft height, tank maker insist on 15mm. from 12mm to 15mm, crysatl glass is almost double the price. from what i hear lah. the crystal glass and normal glass doesn't cost much difference. the crazy thing is the increment of mm, not number of panels.

my lift and stairs won't be able to fit the 333 tank, so the tank has to be built in my house which will take roughly a week.

alternatively, a friend suggest doing 4x3x2.5, then the thickness maybe can 12mm and won't cost so much. anyway see howl ah still planning.

3ft height is rather high....imagine 90cm almost from the floor to your waist level....plus u need stronger lights 4 that kinda of height....2.5ft for height will be just right...

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

3ft height is rather high....imagine 90cm almost from the floor to your waist level....plus u need stronger lights 4 that kinda of height....2.5ft for height will be just right...

ok nvm i will let you guys know my final tank dimensions soon :) but one thing's for sure the length and width will be the same. height i might reduce to 2ft to cut cost on the thickness.

• SRC Member

Yah bro, I think 3ft height will be too high, cannot use T5 liao like that. A 3 by 3 shallow tank sounds awesome, especially if you have the cabinet low, so you can view from the top :eyebrow:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

Yah bro, I think 3ft height will be too high, cannot use T5 liao like that. A 3 by 3 shallow tank sounds awesome, especially if you have the cabinet low, so you can view from the top :eyebrow:

height will be 2ft.

• Senior Reefer

With a 2ft height, you can get away with the thickness and the lighting...

Seems like a same dimension as mine..

are you getting vincent to do? currently asking him for quotation. ideally want to do a 333 but with the 3ft height, it's just too ex for crystal glass. so either 332 or 3.5,3.5,2

are you getting vincent to do? currently asking him for quotation. ideally want to do a 333 but with the 3ft height, it's just too ex for crystal glass. so either 332 or 3.5,3.5,2

Yup, he is doing mine.. With a 3ft height, it is difficult to get a appropriate lighting you might need to go for MH... And the glass thickness will increase and also the price...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Yup, he is doing mine.. With a 3ft height, it is difficult to get a appropriate lighting you might need to go for MH... And the glass thickness will increase and also the price...

i can't go 3ft height because it can't fit into my lift and stairs lol.

i can't go 3ft height because it can't fit into my lift and stairs lol.

neither can it fit into a HDB lift sia! hahaha :X

ehh bro, mind letting me know how much you are quoted from your tank maker when you finalised your plans k?

I also want to set up a new tank someday in my house! :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

A 3x3x2 will be lots of fun... scaping possibilities will be endless. Build those valleys! :eyebrow:

actually, 3.5 x 3.5 x 2. for now. its either that or 332. but yes, i go for 3ft width for that very reason.