LFS BIG UPDATE 1st feb to 10th feb

My mobilisation used to be pasir ris camp....admire you bro ambystorm...you walk inside.

Reef depot dun bring much stuffs, but usually exotic ones...i nvr had the chance to see them coz the minute they touch down, grab ka liao.

I hope to c the australian corals this time.

eh bro u nv post meaning they haben sms u yet lolx... reef depot ?

but they no LFS thrend also quiet quiet lolx..

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irwana latest shipment got zoa?? Alamak when i there i ask uncle, he say this shipment no zoa, upon hearing that i go home without looking at the rest of the shipment... Wasted!

zoas come on wed lehz

btw there got uncle mehz ?

i go there so many times nv c uncle b4 leh what time u went ?

Anybody went to AM katong lately? Thought of going there after work tmrw. But, afraid they have nothing there. Don't want to waste my time and money going there with nothing to see or buy lio. haha! :D

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• Senior Reefer
Anybody went to AM katong lately? Thought of going there after work tmrw. But, afraid they have nothing there. Don't want to waste my time and money going there with nothing to see or buy lio. haha! :D

just went there today to buy coral food and iodine. they have nothing there =\ some damsel fish, tomato clowns, alot of starfish, alot of camel shrimp, alot of bubble coral.....other than that, nothing else le.

zoas come on wed lehz

btw there got uncle mehz ?

i go there so many times nv c uncle b4 leh what time u went ?

Oh i see. Thanks. Will go down take a look tmr. Yeah the wear spec uncle, if i not wrong auntie husband, i buy from every shipment, he always pack the coral for me. I go during shipment times when the shipment come, sometime during lunch break also see him in irwana having lunch there.

Can look out montipora for me ? brother lemon

Monti now GO also have, but its digitata, can drop sham a sms whether still available or not, last week sunday i still see a few digitata, if buy now, very cheap, if buy during shipment need to pay much more.

• SRC Member

Was at Aquamarin TG Katong this evening.

I remember seeing the following:

Coral

Red encrusting montipora

Green open brain

Brain coral

Alveopora

short tentacle plate

white bubble

white bubble with white stripe

white tip brown torch

white tip green brown torch

LS

lots of yellow clown gobies

lots of starfish

lots of hermit crabs

seahare & nudibranch

decorator crabs

bicolor pseudocromis

Anemone shrimps

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

any idea what those nudibranch they sell at LFS eat? some look dam nice and many times i tempted to buy, but many nudis are obligate eaters....any idea what they eat?

• SRC Member

Any angel fish at eastern area??

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

Hi all bro,

Any flame angel spotted?

TQ

Previous Tank 3 x 2.5 x 2 ft since year 2005. 23 Jan 2009 fully decom my 3ft. Now only left 24"x14"x16" and I am very happy cos can see all my fish in near range.. haha

• SRC Member
any idea what those nudibranch they sell at LFS eat? some look dam nice and many times i tempted to buy, but many nudis are obligate eaters....any idea what they eat?

Saw one black n white on the orange sponge. Nudis mainly eat sponge. Furthermore, specific nudi species require specific type of sponge. See here for more

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

i tot nudis eat corals.....those nudis with the filament on top of their heads are for storing poisonous chemicals from the corals? every nudibracnh eat only certain coral/sponge. perhaps those for sale are sponge eaters.

• SRC Member

I remember seeing a few specimens at the following:

The Tropical Fish Centre

Blk 509 Bedok Nth St 3 #01-99 Singapore 460509

Tel : 6444 7839

I'm bad at angel ID so dunno what species.

Shop run by a uncle auntie pair. Dunno if couple as auntie always call uncle as 'boss'. It's a small shop but does have OK LS most of the time. I've seen the following in this shop one time or another: tassled filefish, blue ribbon eel, golden coral banded shrimp, banded pipefish, marine betta. As for corals, they carry mostly soft and LPS. Be careful to choose healthy specimen though as I saw Ick on some fishes sometimes.