BB Reef tank

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Doing a compilation of the fishes I have in my extremely heavy bio-load tank, most of which I have a pair :P Also my picasso pair have been brandish into sump as I am pumping up a tiny fellow in my main tank.

The first fish in the pic is a shepardi angel? Do ur Angels nip at your hard corals?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Nope they dun. The 1st pic is my female rusty x flame angel with more rusty blood while the 9th pic is my male rusty x flame with more flame blood.

Oic, hybrid. Look beautiful anyway. So do they nip at ur corals?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Oic, hybrid. Look beautiful anyway. So do they nip at ur corals?

Nope they do not however, I do not have the fleshy stuffs such as scolymia or cynarina so I can't tell you if they nip such corals which are usually the favourite target. However, it's important to note that same dwarfs are more prone to coral nipping while others are not while others are 50/50. For example, lemon peel & bicolor angel have a bad reputation, flame and argi angel are pretty much 50/50 while joculator pretty much leave the coral alone. In fact, mine seem to take food from water column leading me to think that they are more zooplanktivore rather than micro algae grazer.

Nope they do not however, I do not have the fleshy stuffs such as scolymia or cynarina so I can't tell you if they nip such corals which are usually the favourite target. However, it's important to note that same dwarfs are more prone to coral nipping while others are not while others are 50/50. For example, lemon peel & bicolor angel have a bad reputation, flame and argi angel are pretty much 50/50 while joculator pretty much leave the coral alone. In fact, mine seem to take food from water column leading me to think that they are more zooplanktivore rather than micro algae grazer.

I see, cos I had a flameback that nips at my red scoly only but leaves the other colored ones alone. For the price of joculator, if I got one and if it nips at my juz as expensive corals, I think I'll go crazy. Lol.

I see, cos I had a flameback that nips at my red scoly only but leaves the other colored ones alone. For the price of joculator, if I got one and if it nips at my juz as expensive corals, I think I'll go crazy. Lol.

You are pretty safe with Joculator as my pair leaves all my corals alone. However, its still a matter of luck because I have that tear through any brain-like coral last time.

You are pretty safe with Joculator as my pair leaves all my corals alone. However, its still a matter of luck because I have that tear through any brain-like coral last time.

Ok, agreed but once the fish is in the tank and starts nipping at your corals, its difficult to catch it out.

Ok, agreed but once the fish is in the tank and starts nipping at your corals, its difficult to catch it out.

Yes thats true but alot of time, the fish is actually feeding on the slime secreted by the corals instead of the coral itself but they get reefers so jumpy that they insist on fishing out the fish without understanding what is actually happening. Especially true for Singapore reefers because from the time we started this hobby, we get educated by lfs owners that butterflies and angels are corallivore which is totally not true.

Something like this for your next project?

post-2241-0-57424000-1357272496_thumb.jp

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Living room no need to be big, tank big can liao. lol

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381