Hot weather this week

Thexder

• SRC Member

Weather is really hot and humid this week. Lucky I'm running a chiller, but its running more than usual. And I get condensation on my tank which normally doesn't happen. :blink: My set temp is 26C.

Any other reefers having the same thing happening?

Weather is really hot and humid this week. Lucky I'm running a chiller, but its running more than usual. And I get condensation on my tank which normally doesn't happen. :blink: My set temp is 26C.

I get condensation on my tank too.

My set temperature is 27.5C

But the chiller still running the same.

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

extremely hot. while waiting for green man at traffic light, i was already sweating all over the place.

chiller seem to work harder this week too

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• Senior Reefer

zzzz. ya! so dam hot. u know i drink water spill on floor but lazy to clean. 10mins later its all gone -_- evaporated.

yea dam hot nowadays. good thing i just got a chiller....set to kick at 27C and stop at 26. ensure all my livestock enjoy cool water.

zzzz. ya! so dam hot. u know i drink water spill on floor but lazy to clean. 10mins later its all gone -_- evaporated.

yea dam hot nowadays. good thing i just got a chiller....set to kick at 27C and stop at 26. ensure all my livestock enjoy cool water.

the chiller will do them good buddy

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

My tank no prob but i'm really melting... :eyebrow:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

My tank evaporation rate suddenly become way faster than normal must top up a few times in one week.And now water so hot i reduced the lighting.Usual temp is 28.Now reach 31 no wonder my corals shrunken.Must open window super wide now....Aiyo so hot all of a sudden!!!

girlone.png

• SRC Member

My tank evaporation rate suddenly become way faster than normal must top up a few times in one week.And now water so hot i reduced the lighting.Usual temp is 28.Now reach 31 no wonder my corals shrunken.Must open window super wide now....Aiyo so hot all of a sudden!!!

girlone.png

• Senior Reefer

do keep the temprature lower. maybe with a fan. below 29C is idea. 29 is hanging by a thread. above 30 is dangerous.

Especially with ur euphyllias and cataphyllia. very suseptible to "melting" and getting brown jelly in too warm waters.

• SRC Member
:ph34r: Apocalyps Now. :ph34r:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

this weather is killing me...n my chiller...its wking overtime for the past 1 wk

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member
do keep the temprature lower. maybe with a fan. below 29C is idea. 29 is hanging by a thread. above 30 is dangerous.

Especially with ur euphyllias and cataphyllia. very suseptible to "melting" and getting brown jelly in too warm waters.

Lol now put fan and open my windows near the tank.Then everytime i wear school uniform i start to sweat like crazy in the afternoon now.Anyways back to my tank yeah it's hanging by a thread.Now cooled down back to 28 again......

Test water like bathing in the afternoon water.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

i set my 4 fts tank temp at 26.5D and MH 250watt running from 4pm to 11pm. The tank temp went up to 27.6 at about 7pm. Poor 1/3 chiller was working. Immediately set a timer for aqurium mini fan to blow onto the sump.

Will add another on main tank if it did not improve.

Cheers

Any way this is good reanson for me, I just got my self new chiller yesterday after long negotiate with my CFO.

Before I on chiller It ever reach 29.5 event fan on 2 and a half. But one think surprice me is the Japaness SUN was open very well but super Sun was closed mose of the time

Tank Spec :

Display tank : 48" x 24" x 18."'(H)

Sump tank : 25" x 23" x 18"(H)

Return pump : Reef Octopus 8000

Wave Maker : Vortech MP10Wes

Lighting : DIY LED (Cree led) 60 bulb

Chiller : helia 55hs

Skimmer : BM Curve 7

Controller : Reef Angel

• SRC Member

Lol now must invest in chiller already.....

girlone.png

• Senior Reefer

came home today to see all my corals NOT OPENING. so i thought..hmm strange. how come like this leh. then checked the temp. 31C!!!!! my thermostat was loose and not plugged in properly. chiller did not kick in the whole day!!! omg!! now chiller is working but hav to slowly decrease temp again...

lesson learnt, even if u hav chiller, shit happens and always must be prepared for the worst!

• SRC Member
came home today to see all my corals NOT OPENING. so i thought..hmm strange. how come like this leh. then checked the temp. 31C!!!!! my thermostat was loose and not plugged in properly. chiller did not kick in the whole day!!! omg!! now chiller is working but hav to slowly decrease temp again...

lesson learnt, even if u hav chiller, shit happens and always must be prepared for the worst!

hey same here! i removed the cooling fan yesterday to do some maintainence. forgot to put back the fan... came home today and saw most corals not doing so well... then my friend pointed out that the thermometer is reading 31.7 degrees....

jialat xia. this heatwave is really bad. =(

• Senior Reefer
hey same here! i removed the cooling fan yesterday to do some maintainence. forgot to put back the fan... came home today and saw most corals not doing so well... then my friend pointed out that the thermometer is reading 31.7 degrees....

jialat xia. this heatwave is really bad. =(

ya la!!! the mushrooms and softies doing quite ok. but i saw my LPS all look really receeded and shrunken. then i tot eh? how come. so i went to test NO2. when drawing water that time i felt it felt quite warm. then saw my thermostat not working. then saw the plug loose. plug in and saw 31c!! omg.

the most badly hit one was my bubble and blastos. temperature lowered steadily liao. but if there are going to be any casualties, i am willing to bet it on the bubble. sian, i hope none of my corals bleach too -_-