LaW's 250G

LaW

• SRC Member

Like all SPS colour.

How i wish that is in my tank.

Thanks for the kind words Ben.

The coral is wow. :bow:

Thank you very much mengyang_neo.

Wow, your zoas collection is insane!! And those zoas colors are really stunning. Very beautiful corals you have.

Hi Underwater,

Thank you for the kind words.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Got frag? Lol

how many you want Fred? :chair: but must wait long long. im already on back log on a number of people on frag exchange. now need to wait for most to recover. :angel:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Not reefing or photographing skill, is software editing skill lah. Hehehe... Saw the corals last few days, very tempted to keep corals. :thumbsup:

yeah la yeah la, whatever you said its true. :chair: don't forget about what i want from you. :phone:

Must come back to LPS tank one day, what fish did you buy at Irwanna that day :P

He better don't keep LPS or whatsoever, or else it will be food for his angels.

• SRC Member

wow bro.. your photography skills is amazing...

love your zoas... :wub::wub:

Thank you kiko for the kind words. I'm actually still a noob in those. :blush:

LaW, are sny of these zoas from the latest GO shipment ?

rgds,

Hi yellowtang,

post #575 and #577 are bought from GO on the same day. But only #577 is from GO latest shipment and #575 from the left over of previous shipment. Quite surprise that its not taken for its potential.

• SRC Member

Bro, seem like your reefing & photography skills has improve tremendously w00t.gif .. Can teach me or not, how to take those close up shot ? Are you using a micro lens or ? thumbsup.gif

Hi Larry,

Thanks Larry, no man stay at a stagnant level throughout, will need to constantly find a way up. thank you for giving marks on me for those.

for close up shot, you will need a micro lens. for corals' small details, i recommend at least a 100-105mm. Best to have vibration reduction or image stabliser those type, i don't remember what sony calls theirs but its also similar in name. Expensive but it helps alot. im constantly dreaming about owning a Nikon 105mm F2.8 VR :erm:. that lens is good.

and from there, you can crop a portion of pic out to see more details, provided that your pic is sharp and your hands are steady.

can show you more if possible, see if i will be back on time this weekend and talk more about it during our "shopping". or simply drop by my place anytime, i can drop by your place too. :thumbsup:

^ +1

Also, what is your husbandry regime bro?

Fantastic corals you got there! haha (:

Hi Marc,

I didn't follow any regime. Just change water when i felt like, dozed additives and coral food when I remember. But i do know zoas like high light to propagate and good flow to stay alive.

Thanks for the kind words. :ThanxSmiley:

nice zoas collection u got ther bro....cool....... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks cool fella,

really sorry i didn't help you on the previous time on the lineatus. was busy those days.

omg the zoas.

too bad my new tank will be zoaless. otherwise will love to get some from u ;)

Hi Kai,

your fishes will be good enough to replace the zoa's worth.

Law, thumbs up for ur photography skills. Reef keeping and photography are really like red wine and red meat.

Hey Em,

thats my line :lol: , get your tank up and good and you can shot with ur D90. Remember not to lose/dirty my camera's condom. I like that a lot.

if not, i will skin you. :evil:

Amazing shots. Care to share your tips on maintaining your zoas and how to make them propagate.

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks. like what I told MarcoVan, i don't follow strictly on a regime. if want your zoas to do well, give them light. if you want them to survive, give them flow.

amount of light affects coloring as well as growth. sometime you can't have the both of it and need to sacrifice one. i normally choose growth over coloring and then shift it down after i am "satisfy"

but thats still my opinion based on my experience, no hard scienfific proof.

will talk more about it next time. till then, :peace:

• SRC Member

scary looking pictures!

you really bring out the best in them.

what country was the pictures taken in btw? for those overseas pictures.

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• SRC Member

scary looking pictures!

you really bring out the best in them.

what country was the pictures taken in btw? for those overseas pictures.

Hi KY,

Thanks for the kind words. The details as follows.

Taken from a plane from Shangrila to Kunming.

DSC_0422_01.JPG

Sunrise taken along strait of malacca from my balcony on a cruise.

DSC_0699.JPG

Random shot in the evening along strait of malacca as well but on deck.

DSC_0717.JPG

Dali's landmark. Home of the white clan. Dali, Yunan, China.

DSC_0600.JPG

Up in some mountains in Lijiang

DSC_0269_01.JPG

Taken in Bai Yun Shan, Guangzhou.

DSC_0569_01.JPG

• SRC Member

some more:

Dino valley.

DSC_0399%20%28Large%29.JPG

That fella is huge. i need to pull out my ultra-ultra wide to fit this fella in. Pardon the lens shadow effect.

DSC_0409%20%28Large%29.JPG

untouch yet.

DSC_0418%20%28Large%29.JPG

Can't remember the name of the place but it is in Lijiang. Think is Jade Dragon Snow Moutain.

DSC_0176_01%20%28Large%29.JPG

Same moutain:

DSC_0217_01%20%28Large%29.JPG

Show name: Impression of Lijiang. NICE. There's a picture similar to this that is the 1st prize in silkair tour photography competition recently. trying to mimick it but can't.

DSC_0832%20%28Large%29.JPG

A child begging for money and at the same time doing homework. This picture aches me, i gave him some money in the end. Some people just walk/step across the "notice paper", all the kid can do was only to wipe away the trails left behind. Kunming, China

DSC_0446_01%20%28Large%29.JPG

I got more if you are interested. Can post as well.

• SRC Member

Sure law .. I'll make sure I leave no stain on ur condom .. I can't believe we can actually share condom

Lol

... you sound really sick. :chair: you can get your very own condom for your camera. ^_^

wow bro, thanks for your advice. what addictives are you dosing? I am dosing just lugols :X

Well I am already running a 250W MH. Perhaps shall add one more unit to the current setup. haha and see everything sprouts or not. :) anyway when can I drop by to see your tank?

I realise knowing you for so long I have not actually seen your tank! :X ahaha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Awesome corals and photos, as usual! Looking forward to visiting you soon! I'm down and out with a ear infection since wed, so traveling will be difficult. Will keep you posted!

Hi Yujin,

its good to have you around. Thanks for the kind words.

I hope you will recover soon :peace:

Do drop by someday when you are better.

Get well soon.

wow bro, thanks for your advice. what addictives are you dosing? I am dosing just lugols :X

Well I am already running a 250W MH. Perhaps shall add one more unit to the current setup. haha and see everything sprouts or not. :) anyway when can I drop by to see your tank?

I realise knowing you for so long I have not actually seen your tank! :X ahaha

Hi Zen,

I doze Lugol's mostly. Sometime Kent's marine strontium on occasion. Used to doze VitC but stopped for more than 6 months already. Dozed Kent's marine chromamax and Zeovit's Coral Vitaliser when I remember.

thats all for now. :lol:

yeah, do drop by if you free or so. but let me know sometime in advance to arrange. :)

just stick with one MH and see how. dun need to rush.

and hope you have already walked out from nightmares. :thumbsup:

Hi Zen,

I doze Lugol's mostly. Sometime Kent's marine strontium on occasion. Used to doze VitC but stopped for more than 6 months already. Dozed Kent's marine chromamax and Zeovit's Coral Vitaliser when I remember.

thats all for now. :lol:

yeah, do drop by if you free or so. but let me know sometime in advance to arrange. :)

just stick with one MH and see how. dun need to rush.

and hope you have already walked out from nightmares. :thumbsup:

wow, what's your lugols regime? well for me, i dont know man. dont know what to dose really. hahaha maybe i should try your chromamax and zeovit coral vitaliser. i tried reefbooster before. i think that one too potent alr. lol.

eh sadly my MH coverage small lah. that's why need to have 2 luh :S

and nightmares, slowly lah. if you are referring to matters of the heart (: anyway thanks for asking bro! :ThanxSmiley:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Wow those photo are taken very nice and also your corals looks nice :welldone::score:

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member

very very nice photos!

Hi Weisheng,

Thank you.

freak! u need to post these on the gallery man.

we need new stuff there!!

Hi Nigel,

thank you for the kind words. for as the gallery, i will upload as accordingly.

keep in touch.

wow, what's your lugols regime? well for me, i dont know man. dont know what to dose really. hahaha maybe i should try your chromamax and zeovit coral vitaliser. i tried reefbooster before. i think that one too potent alr. lol.

eh sadly my MH coverage small lah. that's why need to have 2 luh :S

and nightmares, slowly lah. if you are referring to matters of the heart (: anyway thanks for asking bro! :ThanxSmiley:

For Lugol's solution, I doze as according to the direction but not every day. Only a couple of days I doze if i remember. Brand I used is Tropic Marine and Kent's.

How big is your tank? Pasar malam selling cheap MH 250W. Go check out Milch_tan thread.

no problem for being concern for a friend. :friends:

Wow those photo are taken very nice and also your corals looks nice :welldone::score:

Hi Klyve,

Thank you. Your red corals never fail to amaze me too. :thumbsup:

• SRC Member

Thoose zoa and sps are :score:

I wish I can maintance zoa and sps at the same time...

Hi Jack,

thank you, I think i have got more zoas than sps. Have not reach ur level yet on sps stocking :lol: likely i will face the same issue as well.

Dropped photography for quite some time. Saw your photos, so inspiring. Feel like taking out the camera and do some snapping :thumbsup:

Hi yooyoo99,

thank you for the kind words. do take out your camera and start shooting soon. *Hint: spent more on buying more corals for your tank to be your model* :lol:

Law the picture of the ladies carrying those huge basket...are they real or just 1:10 model size? If they are human my goodness those are bloody heavy basket of tea leaves i assume!!!

I think i need to be a Chiropractor and fix their backs!