Weekly update -7th Dec to 13th Dec 09

A new week. Can I get the ball rolling after a visit to CF to check out their LS earlier this evening?

Usual stuff - the mini BTs, Blue Damsels, Athias etc are still there. Won't dwell on the usual stuff we see, those that caught my eye included:

Lots of baby Tomato clowns.

A tankful of Aussie tank-bred Black Oceallaris babies bloody nice! Already feeding on pellets, very much like the ones bred by one of the guys in the forum. Almost walked away with a pair but told myself to check back in another week's time - they look so vulnerable ...

A few very nice Copperband Butterflies.

Some pretty fierce Black Tangs who snap against their boxes.

And then I saw 2 dark maroon / white striped fishes which look something like:

th-cat-33-grunts.jpg

Wasn't sure if they were Angelfishes or what, I can only guess. Anybody? Should've snapped a shot. They look pretty and were quite aggressive too, knocking against the divider between them hahah.

Pardon the crappy photo quality from my iPhone, but I also saw this:

IMG_0016.jpg

Tang?

And what I think might be 3 pieces of White Snow Clowns ...

IMG_0014.jpg

Anyone?

A trip to CF is always an eye-opener for me. :eyeblur: They seem to have less-often seen fishes there.

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro the second fish is a Balistoides conspicillum, Clown Triggerfish. Haha thanks for checking CF out! Will be heading down there tomorrow

Ah ... thanks for the ID dude, save me the trouble of going through the whole of LiveAquaria.com ahahahah!

Nice unique looking fella, the Clown Triggerfish.

ID more of the fishies you see at CF for us here k? I'm still super noob at IDing LS so far heheheh.

Also, check on the Black Ocellaris babies and let me know their condition trw - I'm torn between trying to raise 2 blackie babies or just go for the paired up True Percs from Paupa New Guinea :look:

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

Ah ... thanks for the ID dude, save me the trouble of going through the whole of LiveAquaria.com ahahahah!

Nice unique looking fella, the Clown Triggerfish.

ID more of the fishies you see at CF for us here k? I'm still super noob at IDing LS so far heheheh.

Also, check on the Black Ocellaris babies and let me know their condition trw - I'm torn between trying to raise 2 blackie babies or just go for the paired up True Percs from Paupa New Guinea :look:

Sure thing bro.. Any idea how much the Black Ocellaris are going for?

first picture is a Jackknife Fish (Equetus lanceolatus)

second picture is a Clown Triggerfish Balistoides conspicillum

3rd picture is a juvenile bicolour parrotfish

It never fails to amaze me how you guys are able to identify fishes almost effortlessly :shock:

I am still learning, but often mix similar-looking species up.

How do you guys do it? :bow:

• Senior Reefer
It never fails to amaze me how you guys are able to identify fishes almost effortlessly :shock:

I am still learning, but often mix similar-looking species up.

How do you guys do it? :bow:

heh :P you'll get the hang of it. this kind of thing learn once remember forever

Sure thing bro.. Any idea how much the Black Ocellaris are going for?

Was quoted around the region of 3 red notes for each of the tiny, trembling little blackies. Around the same going rate for the ones I saw at Iwarna over the weekend.

Told CF auntie that I will be back over the weekend - prob 13 Dec (Sat) with the guys in the West for the reefers meetup to check on the babies and decide whether to take them or the Percs.

She said that there're about 100+ of em so unless there is an export order, the little guys should still be around come this weekend. Hopefully! :angel:

• SRC Member
Was quoted around the region of 3 red notes for each of the tiny, trembling little blackies. Around the same going rate for the ones I saw at Iwarna over the weekend.

Told CF auntie that I will be back over the weekend - prob 13 Dec (Sat) with the guys in the West for the reefers meetup to check on the babies and decide whether to take them or the Percs.

She said that there're about 100+ of em so unless there is an export order, the little guys should still be around come this weekend. Hopefully! :angel:

oh no....more going to :evil:

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• SRC Member

any updates on LCK bro orsony???

thinking of heading down today to check it out... was aiming its 2inches AT tt time...

but steven told me its reserved... :(

My 3ft tank

Dimension --> 3ftx1.5ftx2ft

Ehiem 1262 return

Ehiem 1260

Artica 1/5hp Chiller

Tunze 6055 + 7091 single controller

EcoTech Marine Vortech MP40W

Royal Exclusive Mini BubbleKing 160

Lumenarc 250watt 10K BLV

02x Giesemann T5 39watt (blue + Actinic)

Deltec 501 CR

I midas blenny, super size Clown Triggerfish, Neon Dottyback should be, Emperor Angelfish - Juvenile, Asfur Angelfish

corals: supresun lots of it, clam, hammer, mushroom like white im color,

this is all i can remember when i'm there on sun

• SRC Member

thanks for the update!

looks like i've to head down to CF to check out the clowns either tomorrow or the day after..

but i'm just wondering since they are so small, will they be stable??

but at least they're feeding on pellets.. thats good to hear :upsidedown:

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

I midas blenny, super size Clown Triggerfish, Neon Dottyback should be, Emperor Angelfish - Juvenile, Asfur Angelfish

corals: supresun lots of it, clam, hammer, mushroom like white im color,

this is all i can remember when i'm there on sun

Were you the kind gentleman who gave me and my friend some good advice on feeding the SuperSuns that Sunday evening? :)

thanks for the update!

looks like i've to head down to CF to check out the clowns either tomorrow or the day after..

but i'm just wondering since they are so small, will they be stable??

but at least they're feeding on pellets.. thats good to hear :upsidedown:

No problem, just thought I'd give you guys a heads up since I was there.

Yes my sentiments exactly. They look so tiny, but most look healthy and auntie demonstrated them feeding on pellets. A few casualties on the tank bed though - you can tell the weaker ones from the rest, their colors seem to be much much paler round their dorsal fins. But seeing these tiny tots trembling aiyoh I was a little apprehensive, unsure if they can survive in my tank. Nevertheless, it's a good challenge to raise them lah. See how this weekend.

Check on them when you're there and let us know yeah?

any updates on LCK bro orsony???

thinking of heading down today to check it out... was aiming its 2inches AT tt time...

but steven told me its reserved... :(

You will have to wait till Thursday. Heard more AT coming but qty yet to confirm. Will be Hawaii shipment.

Better wait till Thursday. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Reborn Aussie Shipment coming in tomorrow at 3pm... :P

Agradeacan2.jpg

Agradeacan4.jpg

Agradescolymia6.jpg

Mastergradescolymia3.jpg

Mastergradescolymia4.jpg

coralrunnov059.jpg

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Reborn Aussie Shipment coming in tomorrow at 3pm... :P

Is it? I just came back from ReBorn and after a long talk ###### session with Uncle Chua, he told me that Aussie shipment won't be coming in so soon leh ...

• Senior Reefer
Is it? I just came back from ReBorn and after a long talk ###### session with Uncle Chua, he told me that Aussie shipment won't be coming in so soon leh ...

its confirmed. have bee posted up in the other forum/

its confirmed. have bee posted up in the other forum/

Uncle Chua bluff me lor ... :angry2:

• SRC Member
Uncle Chua bluff me lor ... :angry2:

Uncle Chua actually won't know the actual shipment dates. Ah Bee and Ah Boy are the ones in charge of ordering and shipments these days.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
oh man...dont know how much will those aussie shipments at reborn cost...i just wanan go down and take a look..dont think can buy yet..it's gonna cost like...many X blue / red notes.....

The cost will be $xxx... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

or maybe close to more than that

those are fantastic quality.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||