Weekly update -7th Dec to 13th Dec 09

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Thanks. In that case I'll wait for the Red Sea species.

Red sea seldom have regals. U can check with ah beng when is their next medan shipment

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member
Red sea seldom have regals. U can check with ah beng when is their next medan shipment

But I have gotten my Regal angel from Red Sea twice from SL. (abt 2+ yrs ago) Have it been that bad that now Red Sea no longer produce Regal angel or the stock level there have went down so much that they had barely enough to supply to others?

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

the percentage of them killing themselves before killing any other fish in your tank is very very slim. sixlines are known to kill and harass other fishes relentlessly. super aggressive fish for its size, and will take on fishes many times its size.

Whoa ho, that sounds worse than Harakiri heheheh ... well that was based on my friend's experience with the 6-line so ...

What about Flasher Wrasses? I saw the ones over at Henry's and they look beautiful! A little aggressive though, I think. 2 of em I saw were squaring off, flaring their fins and staring down at each other everytime one circled the other.

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

• Senior Reefer
Whoa ho, that sounds worse than Harakiri heheheh ... well that was based on my friend's experience with the 6-line so ...

What about Flasher Wrasses? I saw the ones over at Henry's and they look beautiful! A little aggressive though, I think. 2 of em I saw were squaring off, flaring their fins and staring down at each other everytime one circled the other.

flashers are peaceful fishes that leave other fishes alone, but sometimes will go after other flasher wrasses and fairy wrasses. the two squaring off were probably two males trying to establish domincance. it is not uncommon to see them flashing at rivals or potential mates. all flasher and fairy wrasses are capable of flashing to greatly enhance and/or change their colours. they turn iridescent and shiny and extend their fins. truly spectacular if you have seen it in real life at full glory.

that said, flashers and fairys are extremely good jumpers. extremely. jump at the slightest disturbance, which may include u walking pass the tank.

• SRC Member
looking for mini red pratas for nano tanks...

anyone knows of any LFS that brings those in?

or spotted any recently?

How small is the mini red prata you are looking for?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

think they stopped bringing in.....friend also looking high and low.....in the end...switched to Redsea. U didn't ask ben on this?

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
think they stopped bringing in.....friend also looking high and low.....in the end...switched to Redsea. U didn't ask ben on this?

ya.. im also looking high n low for it..

from what petmart told me, its been a long time since the stocks came in....

if really cant find, any bros got any suggestions on which salt mix to change to?

same price range?

haha....my friend budget hunter....in the end...they decided to go red sea salt. U can consider or check with LCK or Ah beng, think they also carry one brand, reasonable price. All the best.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

lck also got sell oceanic salt, i was using $60+ bucket with free t-shirt till they stop bringing in, currently changed to red sea pro sea salt (same as solo friend) haha for around $80.

else you may try ah beng at pasir ris farm as they're selling in "packets" same price but no bucket + t-shirt haha

• SRC Member
lck also got sell oceanic salt, i was using $60+ bucket with free t-shirt till they stop bringing in, currently changed to red sea pro sea salt (same as solo friend) haha for around $80.

else you may try ah beng at pasir ris farm as they're selling in "packets" same price but no bucket + t-shirt haha

haha.. i like bucket n T-shirt lar...

anyway... seems like really need to find alternative liao..

how's oceanic salt ah? around same price as coralife?

• SRC Member
haha.. i like bucket n T-shirt lar...

anyway... seems like really need to find alternative liao..

how's oceanic salt ah? around same price as coralife?

$80 @ lck for those large bucket.

oceanic should be better than coralife in terms of review. but i can be wrong.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

NORTH WEST +27710971100 SSD CHEMICAL SOLUTION FOR CLEANING BLACK MONEY AND ACTIVATION POWDER FOR DEFACE CURRENCY, RANDBURG, SANDTON, BLOEMFONTEIN, SOWETO, CULLINAN

2. 0

NORTH WEST +27710971100 MAMLAMBO SPIRITUAL SNAKE TO BRING YOU MONEY EVERY DAY IN SOWETO, DURBAN, CAPE TOWN, MAMELODI, MPUMALANGA, WITBANK

3. 0

IN, RUSTENBURG, +27710971100 SSD CHEMICAL SOLUTION FOR CLEANING BLACK, WHITE AND BLUE MONEY, IN RANDBURG, RANDFONTEIN, BLOEMFONTEIN, ALEXANDRA, WITBANK, PRETORIA, SOSHANGUVE

4. 0

POLOKWANE +27710971100 MAMLAMBO SPIRITUAL SNAKE TO BRING EVERY DAY IN YOU MONEY SOWETO, DURBAN, CAPE TOWN, MAMELODI, MPUMALANGA

5. 0

IN, SOWETO, DURBAN [# +27710971100 SSD CHEMICAL SOLUTION FOR CLEANING BLACK, WHITE AND BLUE MONEY, IN RANDBURG, RANDFONTEIN, BLOEMFONTEIN, ALEXANDRA, WITBANK, VEREENIGING