Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

i know i promised not to talk about my dog anymore. but i can't help it. feel like crying everytime i think of him. i was going to buy him a new collar today because his old one was too warn out. :cry2:

i stroked him last night for the last time and he looked so sad. i spoke to him softly and said we'll bring him to the vet tomorrow.. this morning i saw him lying in my balcony and i thought he was feeling better. my heart broke when i realised he was dead.

i don't like crying but i think this was the first time in years.

one last goodbye to my friend before i go to sleep. i just wished i had more time to play with him :(

to my cookie, it was fun having him around and i loved him so much. i hope he is happy in doggy heaven now.

time to sleep and move on.

last few picture of him and another of him being taken away from me, with my other doggy watching as his best friend leaves him forever.

:rip: you will be remembered forever and ever. not just a dog.

post-15755-12783440063991_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12783440111744_thumb.jpg

post-15755-127834401766_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12783440269814_thumb.jpg

dun b too sad bro...

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

i know i promised not to talk about my dog anymore. but i can't help it. feel like crying everytime i think of him. i was going to buy him a new collar today because his old one was too warn out. :cry2:

i stroked him last night for the last time and he looked so sad. i spoke to him softly and said we'll bring him to the vet tomorrow.. this morning i saw him lying in my balcony and i thought he was feeling better. my heart broke when i realised he was dead.

i don't like crying but i think this was the first time in years.

one last goodbye to my friend before i go to sleep. i just wished i had more time to play with him :(

to my cookie, it was fun having him around and i loved him so much. i hope he is happy in doggy heaven now.

time to sleep and move on.

last few picture of him and another of him being taken away from me, with my other doggy watching as his best friend leaves him forever.

:rip: you will be remembered forever and ever. not just a dog.

Did you ask to take his ashes back in a urn? It is always like that, your pet seems to know what you are planning and seems to be contented and leave you... I was planning to change a bigger cage for my chinchilla the day it die... Who knows... :( :( :(

Cry and it will be better after few cries... :peace: :peace:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Did you ask to take his ashes back in a urn? It is always like that, your pet seems to know what you are planning and seems to be contented and leave you... I was planning to change a bigger cage for my chinchilla the day it die... Who knows... :( :( :(

Cry and it will be better after few cries... :peace: :peace:

need to ask my mum if she brought back..

i walked him yesterday and he felt tired so we came back early. then when he fell asleep i stroked him and his eyes was abit teary. so i told him i will bring him to the vet tomorrow and everything will be ok.

he died while everyone was sleeping. i feel so guilty.

• Senior Reefer

i think it will take me a few weeks to get over it.

like what vtec said, i have plenty of sweet memories with him. and must move on like what the other bros here suggested.

got a test tomorrow... must not let this affect me.

need to ask my mum if she brought back..

i walked him yesterday and he felt tired so we came back early. then when he fell asleep i stroked him and his eyes was abit teary. so i told him i will bring him to the vet tomorrow and everything will be ok.

he died while everyone was sleeping. i feel so guilty.

I am sure cookie will not want you to feel sad and guilty that he is gone...

Member of:

• SRC Member

:friends: hugs bro..

im sure he didnt want to see you sad when he leave thats why he chose to depart to heaven in his own special way..

i understand the exact feeling when my sheltie passed on..

he may have left the world for something better, but you will always remain in his heart and him in yours..

my sincere condolences..

hope you have a speedy recovery,

and may you excel in your test

• SRC Member

dogs love their owners unconditionally. i know how you feel. precious loves you as much as you loved her.

i've seen lots of dogs being forcefully dragged away from their owners before. strays that belong to people were dragged by their necks till they bleed by AVA. painful to see. never thought i will lose my own dog and feel the same way.

yeah, for all we must know, we can have the whole world for all we want but, to our dogs, we are their everything. :rip:

dogs are not like fishes. we are more attached to them, a huge blow if they were gone. :rip:

do get the ashes back my friend. please do. if possible and not too late, ask for some fur back. The "undertaker" was kind enough to take some Precious's fur back for me. :rip:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

dogs love their owners unconditionally. i know how you feel. precious loves you as much as you loved her.

i've seen lots of dogs being forcefully dragged away from their owners before. strays that belong to people were dragged by their necks till they bleed by AVA. painful to see. never thought i will lose my own dog and feel the same way.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I know how it feels...cos it took me many years to let go mine.

True about AVA, many years ago I witnessed a horrified scene near a construction site in Sengkang where there was this bastard AVA guy who dragged a stray mother dog by her neck up the van by force and it screamed like mad that my tears flowed. Then that guy took a black thrashbag and dumped about 4-5 of newborn puppies into it and tied up and bag, I was sure the puppies would die of suffocation. When I told him how could he do that, he asked if it was my dog and wanted to see my IC, I'd no choice then but to shut up. Hope AVA guys are more humane now.

bro underwater, admire your courage and you should have challenged them on their procedure in handing strayed dogs. Though is their job but proper treatment should be given to "live". I will ask them whether they are warrant to ask for my ic and i will be taking their name and vehicle number and write in to AVA to highlight and get them to reply. Anyway, humans seldom treasure the things around and only regret after losing them....anyway...time will heal....

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I know how it feels...cos it took me many years to let go mine.

True about AVA, many years ago I witnessed a horrified scene near a construction site in Sengkang where there was this bastard AVA guy who dragged a stray mother dog by her neck up the van by force and it screamed like mad that my tears flowed. Then that guy took a black thrashbag and dumped about 4-5 of newborn puppies into it and tied up and bag, I was sure the puppies would die of suffocation. When I told him how could he do that, he asked if it was my dog and wanted to see my IC, I'd no choice then but to shut up. Hope AVA guys are more humane now.

If I were you, I would taken photo and video and send to AVA and demand a explanation... And expose what AVA are doing to strays as though they are trash...

Member of:

• SRC Member

Aiya, I was much younger then and just started work not long, where got guts to challenge the authority, somemore that guy and his co-workers looked fierce and wanted to see my ic. Now no way i'll let such things happened before my eyes.

Aiya, I was much younger then and just started work not long, where got guts to challenge the authority, somemore that guy and his co-workers looked fierce and wanted to see my ic. Now no way i'll let such things happened before my eyes.

Yeah.. LOL...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

AVA is very cruel. they will visit my grandmother's orchid farm once in awhile and catch all the dogs by force. and also in my mother's shipping yard.

they catch the mothers first because they guard their puppies. then they catch the helpless puppies.

anyway i got 100/100 for my test today and i would like to think that cookie's spirit helped me lol.

• Senior Reefer

it's day 3 of prazi treatment, roseafascia is nearly cured! it's so fat now!!! miracle

multibar and marginalis butterfly feeding on pellets! majestic angel too.

but they got abit of ich :( will stop stocking to get it under control. hopefully their extreme healthyness wil fight off :)

it's day 3 of prazi treatment, roseafascia is nearly cured! it's so fat now!!! miracle

multibar and marginalis butterfly feeding on pellets! majestic angel too.

but they got abit of ich :( will stop stocking to get it under control. hopefully their extreme healthyness wil fight off :)

Venustus?

Member of:

Good to hear the rosea is doing well. Not miracle, prazi is the best medicine for internal parasite and it should be a muz have cos many fishes like wrasse and anthias come in w internal parasites. But too bad prazi is so hard to find in SG.

Venustus?

Prob dead?!

• Senior Reefer

Good to hear the rosea is doing well. Not miracle, prazi is the best medicine for internal parasite and it should be a muz have cos many fishes like wrasse and anthias come in w internal parasites. But too bad prazi is so hard to find in SG.

Prob dead?!

1 venustus is dead. other is feeding on mysis. :)

• Senior Reefer

Expected... Did you get so the venustus is eating on the prazi soaked mysis right?

it's not feeding alot. just abit here abit there. i soak all my food in prazi. so it will get to eat some too.

it's not feeding alot. just abit here abit there. i soak all my food in prazi. so it will get to eat some too.

Just hope its helps lor... Since we normally lose them to internal problems..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

was at iwarna looking at what's left from yesterday's hawaii shipment.

saw an orange peel with an unusual amount of blue on it's face. it had blue ring around the eyes, just like normal. but the gill cover is trimmed in blue, the gill spine is blue, the mouth is blue, the chin is blue, the chest has some blue spots, and the pectoral fin base has also some blue spots. the blue glow like glowsticks in actinics lol.

terryz said it was beautiful, digiman said it looked normal just that it had some extra blue markings. i agree with terryz that it is nice, but i also felt it's normal. just with some extra blue.

and i did not want to buy it coz i scared my slight ich problem will be worse with an extra fish. but it was going at a steal!!!

i'm not a fan of lemonpeels.... especally orange peels. but the extra blue markings made me buy it anyway.

i believe somewhere in it's family tree there was a hybrid once.

surprised to find this beauty in the leftover pile.... guess people don't look hard enough!