WEEKLY UPDATE - 12TH TO 18TH JULY 2010

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer

many male lamark angels at ah beng. it's not often that male lamark angels appear

out of the few males, one very terminal alpha male lamarck's angel. characterized by the jet black pelvic fins, yellow nape and brilliant blue pectoral fin base. Tail streamers are very long too.

many male lamark angels at ah beng. it's not often that male lamark angels appear

out of the few males, one very terminal alpha male lamarck's angel. characterized by the jet black pelvic fins, yellow nape and brilliant blue pectoral fin base. Tail streamers are very long too.

Wat's the size har :rolleyes: ?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

misc wrasse... fairy wrasse?

Not sure than call misc wrasse mah. Anyway, here is the list yellowtail surgeon, paddlefin, cortez wrasse and porcupine puffer.

Might have Hawaii shipment over the weekend.

• Senior Reefer

Not sure than call misc wrasse mah. Anyway, here is the list yellowtail surgeon, paddlefin, cortez wrasse and porcupine puffer.

Might have Hawaii shipment over the weekend.

thanks.

do update the hawaii stocklist :D

• SRC Member

hey guys, i'm a looking for a big clam... probably about 6 inches in length.. anyone seen clams that size for sale? :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

thanks.

do update the hawaii stocklist :D

Hawaii shipment - Bandit, Goldflake, ex-l flame wrasse, flame angel, potter, :blink:

Sorry all the above-mentioned will not be coming this weekend. Hehehehe....

Anyway, will have Red sea shipment tomorrow. Heard have Xenia.

• Senior Reefer

Hawaii shipment - Bandit, Goldflake, ex-l flame wrasse, flame angel, potter, :blink:

Sorry all the above-mentioned will not be coming this weekend. Hehehehe....

Anyway, will have Red sea shipment tomorrow. Heard have Xenia.

any idea what time the red sea shipment?

• Senior Reefer

a handful of alpha male Paracheilinus angulatus left at iwarna. These are commonly called the angular or angulatus flasher wrasse. Not as commonly seen compared to their more abundant cousins. They have very sharply angled fins (hence their name), a deep lunate tail and their dorsal fins do not contain filaments unlike other flasher wrasses.

one very alpha male Cebu Pylei's fairy wrasse left at iwarna too. Black spot on tail and dorsal fin very prominant, deep blue line from nose to tail.

pics attached of the angular wrasse.

post-15755-039517300 1279285290_thumb.jp

post-15755-094127900 1279285302_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

a handful of alpha male Paracheilinus angulatus left at iwarna. These are commonly called the angular or angulatus flasher wrasse. Not as commonly seen compared to their more abundant cousins. They have very sharply angled fins (hence their name), a deep lunate tail and their dorsal fins do not contain filaments unlike other flasher wrasses.

one very alpha male Cebu Pylei's fairy wrasse left at iwarna too. Black spot on tail and dorsal fin very prominant, deep blue line from nose to tail.

pics attached of the angular wrasse.

wil head down to irwana tomolo early mornin n get both wrasse... Btw wat time does irwana open?

• Senior Reefer

wil head down to irwana tomolo early mornin n get both wrasse... Btw wat time does irwana open?

mm...i think 6am?

the biggest and most beautiful angulatus is reserved... the others still can catch.

don't need to rush lah. this fish is not rare. only uncommon. the only place that offers this used to be CF. today is iwarna's debut shipment for this rather common flasher wrasse.

so only two places stocks this now. CF ones are not as big though.

cebu pylei if you really want, you can rush to get. it's still there when i left at 6pm. or u can call iwarna to keep for you. It's not rare also. appear occasionally during phillipine shipments. can get very fierce. There are two variants of the pylei's fairy wrasse and one of them is found in cebu. the vanuatu variant, although more colourful, is currently unavailable due to the stoppage of vanuatu shipments for now.

here's a picture of one. iwarna one looks exactly like this.

beware though, colour will fade for cebu pylei wrasse and it will lose it's black spots if it gets bored and has nothing to pit itself against.

post-15755-020163200 1279288353_thumb.jp

post-15755-024377300 1279288357_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

i think 10

waahh.. thats 'late'... heee

i often go look see look see on weekend morning at 7am at irwana.. always hoping ah beng open at 8am..hee

anyway any chances anyone know where i can get sea squirt, target feeder? went to petmart day, finish liao..

ah beng used to open quite early like ard 8.30 to 9 but now seems more like 9 to 9.30pm.........hmm....if you go to iwarna that early, i might have seen you....lol

waahh.. thats 'late'... heee

i often go look see look see on weekend morning at 7am at irwana.. always hoping ah beng open at 8am..hee

anyway any chances anyone know where i can get sea squirt, target feeder? went to petmart day, finish liao..

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

jus came back from irwana.. went there with my son.. look see look see...only..

jus buy one zoa and my son pick a pipe fish.... than drop by ah beng at 845am.. not open yet ley..

i guess 10am lah.. might make a second trip.. heehehe..