Full-SPS Shallow

vt_snowman87

Wow with the addition of the cabinet, only one word can describe. SWEE!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

You and your dad are giving me and ketchup future ideas of our tanks........ :P hhmm!!!

beautiful.. love the entire look when everything is closed up.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

i have that very same carpet! the multi-colored one it just went under the knife 3 weeks ago

both tanks are breathtaking and i like how the cabinet covers up everything except what is to be seen

hey bro straydum thanks! u have this same carpet? how was the 'surgery' session?? :)

wow insane! beautiful!

thanks bro Lemon, its not that insane actually.. still have some regrets and learning points from this setup.. next time have to improve on these points too.. :)

Awesome!!! Truly amazing! Beautiful corals, nice scape, neat carpentry work. I'm sure the CFO is starting to enjoy the hobby too?

Really must find time to see it personally.

bro Wilson, long time no see, paiseh still owe u a frag.. hehe.. CFO still not very interested, sadly.. hahaha..

beautiful maxi mini anemones... where did you get it from.. The blasto is looking very good as well

Love both tanks... i love the look man when everything's hidden!

hey thanks bro ketchup! those maxi minis, from Pinnacle, it was one of the few leftovers.. :)

WOW NICE tanks vincent!

ehh bro, did you rescape recently? lol

wa bro very very sharp your eyes.. yes, i did a minor rescape on the 2 sides.. just slight shift of fengshui.. :)

super nice and solid setup (looks like those shopping centre / aquarium tank!) reefers whom knows how to take care of SPS is , all the colouration / combi is awesome!

thanks bro onizuka for the compliments, but honestly, if u look closely, our tanks do not have any awesome or rare stuffs.. its probably just the cabinets thats making it look more 'professional'..

The dynamic duo never fail to amaze me... very very nice! Love the scape.

Just realized that you guys are keeping a DSB. Do you still perform water changes?

bro peace, thanks man, yes we are still keeping DSB, we felt it helped in our previous setup, so we continued using the same system.. water changes as per usual, 2 jerry cans twice a week, NSW from iwarna.. :)

• SRC Member

Both tanks are very nice and I really like the aquascape of your tank.

thanks bro, aquascape is done using very big rocks with good shapes.. just really lucky.. :)

Wow with the addition of the cabinet, only one word can describe. SWEE!!!!!!!!

bro Gary, how was the holiday? hope it was a good one! thanks, yupps i agree the cabinets made a huge difference.. :)

You and your dad are giving me and ketchup future ideas of our tanks........ hhmm!!!

beautiful.. love the entire look when everything is closed up.

the deadliest poison is the injection of an idea.. "inception".. hehe.. thanks thanks.. :)

Do create a tank thread in Reefcentral and bring back some glory. YOu can do it!

thanks bro skinbone, but i really think our tanks is really not "RC" material.. hahaha cannot compare to the pros.. :)

Wonderful progression uncle Tonny and bro Vincent, a classic and examplary of talented, knowledgeable and hardwork sps reefer

bro cedric! many thanks for your compliments, both me and my dad still have alot to learn from senior reefers like you.. on close look, there's algae, suspended particles, sandstorms, and some fatalities due to STN, etc.. its not perfect.. yet.. :)

• SRC Member

thanks bros and sis for all the compliments.. on closer look, our tanks have fatalities and our fair share of negligence.. we have lost fishes as well as SPS.. its not yet matured, and we're still trying very hard to fine-tune everything.. morever, this setup is only about less than 1 year old.. :)

stay tuned, more pictures coming soon!

thanks bros and sis for all the compliments.. on closer look, our tanks have fatalities and our fair share of negligence.. we have lost fishes as well as SPS.. its not yet matured, and we're still trying very hard to fine-tune everything.. morever, this setup is only about less than 1 year old.. :)

stay tuned, more pictures coming soon!

PLEASE DO! We are willing-parties of your ultimate bombardment! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

blue-tip tenuis..

post-9599-0-19613800-1297077251_thumb.jp

radioactive birdnest..

post-9599-0-74270800-1297077263_thumb.jp

purple stylopora, with a pink birdnest that's STN-ing.. :angry2:

post-9599-0-64490800-1297077314_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

the twinspot pair, they share a cave, cute, keeps my sand clean..

but also is the cause of sand particles floating in the water column.. :angry2:

doing some sort of funny dance together..

post-9599-0-80599100-1297077350_thumb.jp

posed with my 2 mini plates.. sorry, off focus..

post-9599-0-98423600-1297077466_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

this is the greenest hammer that i can find, after a tough search.. many thanks to the reefer bro who agreed to sell this to me.. :thumbsup:

currently hosting my 2 picasso whitecaps from Fuel..

post-9599-0-58832800-1297077563_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

something fishy.. purple yumas and blasto did not open up today.. <_<

keeping fingers crossed and hope tomorrow will be a better day..

hope it will look like this again tml:

post-9599-0-20433700-1297091434_thumb.jp

Yo Vincent bro. Apologies for not collecting the frag earlier. If my work ends early tmrw, I'll make a trip to woodlands before heading home. :)

Btw if u intend to "save" part of the pink birdnest let me know k? I realize I don't have a hot pink BN. :)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.