Weekly Update - 21th to 27th Feb 2011

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anywhere to get a Ecsenius tirgris? btw whats the pricing?

We would have jumped on it if we ever see one... Recently LADD have a few for sale from Aussie and they are expensive in US... No one in Singapore would pay for them even if they ever make it here...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

yeah, but im lookin for a larger one cos dont want it to get whacked out by my other angels ^^

Conspic is not the easiest of all angels. And big ones are known to be difficult to keep as they will refuse to eat and hav a lot of other problems.

If u really wan the fish u should research a bit more on the fish or pm me to find out more as i've kept one 5" one for many months and therefore i should be qualified to answer your qns.

Anyway to update,

Iwarna tonga shipment delayed until further notice.

RD still have some small YT's

also some new gadget in store.. :thumbsup:

Tunze Wavecontroller 7092

post-9248-0-87617800-1298548440_thumb.jp

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/05/12/tunze-wavecontroller-7092/

Tunze Silence pumps

post-9248-0-72631500-1298548700_thumb.jp

http://www.tunze.com/fileadmin/gebrauchsanleitungen/x1073.0288.pdf

Cheers & Happy Reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Anyone spotted healthy n feeding moorish idol?

Spotted some @ Henry place on Tuesday.. But not sure feeding? U can call Henry to find up.. Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

RD still have some small YT's

also some new gadget in store.. :thumbsup:

Tunze Wavecontroller 7092

post-9248-0-87617800-1298548440_thumb.jp

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/05/12/tunze-wavecontroller-7092/

Tunze Silence pumps

post-9248-0-72631500-1298548700_thumb.jp

http://www.tunze.com/fileadmin/gebrauchsanleitungen/x1073.0288.pdf

Cheers & Happy Reefing...

bro did you find out how much is the tunze silence pump cost? :thumbsup:

Conspic is not the easiest of all angels. And big ones are known to be difficult to keep as they will refuse to eat and hav a lot of other problems.

If u really wan the fish u should research a bit more on the fish or pm me to find out more as i've kept one 5" one for many months and therefore i should be qualified to answer your qns.

Anyway to update,

Iwarna tonga shipment delayed until further notice.

Bro, do u mind giving me some advice on the fish? do i need a chiller for it, and if i want one, what size should i be looking for? The thing is, ive got a large queen about 7 inch, medium king, 2 french, asfur, blueface..im worried if the conspic is too small, how he gona even survive in there? Not to mention the fact that king, asfur are highly territorial

• Senior Reefer

Bro, do u mind giving me some advice on the fish? do i need a chiller for it, and if i want one, what size should i be looking for? The thing is, ive got a large queen about 7 inch, medium king, 2 french, asfur, blueface..im worried if the conspic is too small, how he gona even survive in there? Not to mention the fact that king, asfur are highly territorial

you dont have to worry about getting small conspic because juvnile conspic angels are super rare and super expensive.

almost all conspic that appear in the trade are 5 inch and above.

the smaller ones and juveniles never make it to singapore because the demand for it is much higher in japan and U.S

yes you definitely need a chiller for this fish.

conspic is from the genus chaetodontoplus which can be quite troublesome and difficult to feed. and if u put it into your tank full of big angels immediately, it probably will not survive and will not feed.

u should put it in a separate tank first to condition it and make sure it's feeding before you put it in with your aggressive 7 inch queen angels.

u can PM digiman for more info since he has 1st hand experience in keeping it.

you dont have to worry about getting small conspic because juvnile conspic angels are super rare and super expensive.

almost all conspic that appear in the trade are 5 inch and above.

the smaller ones and juveniles never make it to singapore because the demand for it is much higher in japan and U.S

yes you definitely need a chiller for this fish.

conspic is from the genus chaetodontoplus which can be quite troublesome and difficult to feed. and if u put it into your tank full of big angels immediately, it probably will not survive and will not feed.

u should put it in a separate tank first to condition it and make sure it's feeding before you put it in with your aggressive 7 inch queen angels.

u can PM digiman for more info since he has 1st hand experience in keeping it.

I see, thanks for the advice, you just answered many severe questions nagging at me =)

• Senior Reefer

I see, thanks for the advice, you just answered many severe questions nagging at me =)

haha.

like most other rare and expensive angels, juveniles of conspic are verrry expensive and rare.

this applies to bandit angels as well.

juvenile of griffiths angels are not only rare, they are almost non existant in the trade. almost always do they appear 4 inch and above.

so give you the rough idea that obtaining juveniles of certain angels can be quite difficult.

i wish you luck in your future conspic.

looking for Emerald Crab, anyone see them at LFs? Thanks.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)