My Saddest Day in Early 2008

thedidavid

• SRC Member

wha... good luck with the cleaning... mine flooded too but not because of crack.. but anyway, it will be easier to clean salt water off the floor by using hot water, by my experience, cos the other time, i had to mop like 20 times and still the floor felt sticky because of the salt... all the best..

wha... good luck with the cleaning... mine flooded too but not because of crack.. but anyway, it will be easier to clean salt water off the floor by using hot water, by my experience, cos the other time, i had to mop like 20 times and still the floor felt sticky because of the salt... all the best..

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• SRC Member

Sorry to hear about your tank. I saw on another forum, a guy's red sea max cracked like yours too.

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

The tank couldnt take the water pressure likely. Weird that an acrylic tank would give way like that though, tot they were tougher than glass. Anyway bro dont dishearten, first thing to do now it clear the house nice nice so the missus still allow u to keep reef hehe.

• SRC Member

dun get upset, dun give up. be sure to clear the mess first. jiayou! :rolleyes:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

This is my tank condition now...... :pirate:

I hate made in china goods!!!!!

Chinese made tanks have been widely reported to have this inherent problem... seems like inconsistent or lack of QC/testing.... same with their pumps/filter (some caught fire)

Best to stick to German/Japanese stuff... safe of mind...

Even if the "hit" rate is low... i wouldn't want to risk it....

Sorry that such things happened to you. Maybe its better to custom-build your next tank rather than buying ready-made tank.

;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Sorry to hear such mishap.. :cry: hope tat everythings on the right track now. If u need any help, jus state it here as many reefers can rope in to assist or help in any way ya :nc:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

I am also wondering how come 8mm thick galls with only 130 liter of water cracked from top to bottom. Really bad experience to remember for me. Luckily my Eheim pumps and Tunze 6055 not damaged running dry, the power to all pump was cut of by Aquatronica because it detects leak.

Almost similar occurance is States http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142021

...huh :nc:

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• SRC Member

Terrible thing to happen...and it's surprising too. I was considering RSM at one point too since their product looked like good quality stuff! Makes me wonder what will happen with their bigger sized tanks.

Is there any sort of warranty on the tank? Can you get in touch with Red Sea for any redress?

I need to admit that RSM has very good customer service, they are about to send me replacement tank and I need to jump start it by today.

Went to AM get 4 x Jerrycan of salt water really strain my back to carry into the car and off-load it to my unit bought also live reef substrate x 2 bags, plus Hawaii puka shell drop by GO to get new fake LR....

I wish this will never happen again I haven't get good rest since cleaning last night.

post-10642-1199860747_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
I am also wondering how come 8mm thick galls with only 130 liter of water cracked from top to bottom. Really bad experience to remember for me. Luckily my Eheim pumps and Tunze 6055 not damaged running dry, the power to all pump was cut of by Aquatronica because it detects leak.

Almost similar occurance is States http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142021

OMG 8mm thick can crack???My tank is only 7mm wif volume of water near 200.Singapore made tank but no cracks and bowing.I jus saw the tank was like wow but then see ur tank case i was so shocked!!!!

Red Sea is european company but RSM is assembled in China.......

Why do they need to make it in China???Nowadays i can't trust Chinese products from China.I dunno if Horpar is China made or Japanese.It looks like Japanese made.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

Sorry to hear abt ur RSM tank, it was so new when I last saw it(I am the one who bought ur Nano Cube). Luckily RSM is replacing 1 for you. Hope everything will be up running smoothly when u hv ur new tank.

At least u have the heart to carry on reefing despite what happen.

I need to admit that RSM has very good customer service, they are about to send me replacement tank and I need to jump start it by today.

Went to AM get 4 x Jerrycan of salt water really strain my back to carry into the car and off-load it to my unit bought also live reef substrate x 2 bags, plus Hawaii puka shell drop by GO to get new fake LR....

I wish this will never happen again I haven't get good rest since cleaning last night.

• SRC Member

Bro,

I am also running a RSM. I think the cause of the crack might be the front cover slamming down hard on the tank when you close it. Anyway, how did you get them to replace your tank? I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will not happen to me.

• SRC Member

i think hopar is from taiwan. but i can be wrong.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Sorry to hear abt ur RSM tank, it was so new when I last saw it(I am the one who bought ur Nano Cube). Luckily RSM is replacing 1 for you. Hope everything will be up running smoothly when u hv ur new tank.

At least u have the heart to carry on reefing despite what happen.

Oh...it's you bro. You doing very weel with your nano

Bro,

I am also running a RSM. I think the cause of the crack might be the front cover slamming down hard on the tank when you close it. Anyway, how did you get them to replace your tank? I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will not happen to me.

I don't think so bro, anyway if you keep slamming the cover it will breal the thin plastic not the 8mm glass or at least it will happen when instantly.BTW I never slamming the cover anyway. The tank cracked when no one at home. I was not a pleasant experience with cleaning the mess, sadness of losing LS and suffering extra damage. I was so confident based on the 8mm glass that this tank will be a very save choice.... now really feel unsecure I always running to check my tank if I hear funny noise in my house :unsure: