WEEKLY LFS & SHIPMENT UPDATES – 14th May to 20th May

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

tuesday so rare no one update ..... seem like culture stuffs had flood the markets....

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Clarion coming soon from LCK.

Bro, how many you getting this time??? lol ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Senior Reefer

Isn't the collector for Clarion in jail?

Very exciting! Finally clarion on our shores

Steve robinson is still in jail for the illegal clippertons but these angels were not collected by Cortez Marine.

clarion has been offered for sale a few times already. LCK has brought them in a few times before, CF too.

hopefully we'll see some smaller ones this time round.

Steve robinson is still in jail for the illegal clippertons but these angels were not collected by Cortez Marine.

clarion has been offered for sale a few times already. LCK has brought them in a few times before, CF too.

hopefully we'll see some smaller ones this time round.

According to advancedaquarist, it turns out to be collected by cortez marine again and 130 specimens were collected this time.

Anyway for those new and interested in clarions, it has always been an expensive fish. HK now selling upwards of S$4k and Japan at S$6k to 7k.

Our price may be lower, but dun expect it to be a lot cheaper.

• Senior Reefer

Xenojulis margaritaceus is an extremely rare wrasse that is hardly owned. the genus Xenojulis only contains two species. X. montillai and X. margaritaceus.

X. montillai is very rare and its owned by few people, including tony vargas and sanjay joshi. it's not rare in the wild but it hardly ever comes to the trade. wrasse lovers you do NOT want to miss this.

Xenojulis margaritaceus is even harder to find because it's from PNG. this should be the first one in Singapore.

wrasse lovers you do not want to miss this.

Xenojulis margaritaceus is an extremely rare wrasse that is hardly owned. the genus Xenojulis only contains two species. X. montillai and X. margaritaceus.

X. montillai is very rare and its owned by few people, including tony vargas and sanjay joshi. it's not rare in the wild but it hardly ever comes to the trade. wrasse lovers you do NOT want to miss this.

Xenojulis margaritaceus is even harder to find because it's from PNG. this should be the first one in Singapore.

wrasse lovers you do not want to miss this.

post-2241-0-15179100-1337262075_thumb.jp

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

joseph, this is Xenojulis montillai.

It is commonly misnamed as X. margaritaceus, but the latter is only available from PNG.

below is a pic from Dr. Sanjay Joshi. It can be differentiated from X. margaritaceus by the chest. X. margaritaceus has pink sinuous markings.

since i've not seen the one at LCK i'm not sure which of the two species it is since they're both often mixed up. but if it's from PNG, it's likely to be X. margaritaceus.

post-15755-0-99248900-1337263454_thumb.j

joseph, this is Xenojulis montillai.

It is commonly misnamed as X. margaritaceus, but the latter is only available from PNG.

below is a pic from Dr. Sanjay Joshi. It can be differentiated from X. margaritaceus by the chest. X. margaritaceus has pink sinuous markings.

since i've not seen the one at LCK i'm not sure which of the two species it is since they're both often mixed up. but if it's from PNG, it's likely to be X. margaritaceus.

Lemon, you are right, posted X. montillai after you mentioned about it. I don't have any image on X. margaritaceus. But from my limited knowledge, the owner of this image I posted mentioned this fish was caught in PNG.

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Lemon, you are right, posted X. montillai after you mentioned about it. I don't have any image on X. margaritaceus. But from my limited knowledge, the owner of this image I posted mentioned this fish was caught in PNG.

hmm..likely to be a mix up maybe?

X. montillai is a philippines endemic while X. margaritaceus is known from Australia and PNG.

there are no pictures of X. margaritaceus. Only kuiter's 400+ wrasse bible has the pictures of it, and i have that book in PDF and hard copy. i can't post here coz i think it's copy right but i can PM you what it looks like. it has more pink markings and is very much different from X. montillai. in fact it isn't as pretty.