Wts Scribbled Angel

exomanic

• SRC Member

Hi Joeynikki, my friend got the above fish from you and DEAD ON ARRIVAL right to his doorsteps. Before we jump into any conclusions can you explain what actually happen to the fish. Though i am no expert but i believe that any fish can at least survive for at least 3 days even due to shock or whatsoever reason n transportation you have. We are not trying to make a big hoohah but you sold a fish without allowing people to check and insist that its ok to bring home. My friend giving you the benefit of doubt brought home and found two deep cuts on both sides of the body and its not even swiming but lying on sandbed. Ask you for refund you say the fish got shock and let it recover, but i dont think any fish that got shock will lie on sandbed but at least hide in the rockscape. Please explain why you are not doing a refund. Thanks

I also have some experience, brought expensive fish more than 200, that is expensive . Within 48 hours the fish dies. It is not feeding well at all.

I suggest the following SOP:

1. Only buy fish that is in the display tank not in the Betta box or another tank. This is because you can observe the movement of the fish when it is allowed to swim freely and the appearance of the fish. You can always come back the next day to collect when the fish is caught once you put a deposit.

2. Always ask the owner to on the light so that you can see clearly the fish's appearance when the light on.

3. Check the tank water salinity level. Make sure the tank is not on hypo salinity treatment. Hypo salinity treatment means diseases in the tank..

4. Bring your own pellets and try to feed the fish with your own pellets. This is to see whether it is feeding well or not.

5.Do not trust the member grade in the forum. Senor member should not means his fish is good and stable Sometimes newbie fish are more stable.

6. Do not trust the seller saying that the fish have been in the tank for months. They are just salesman.

• SRC Member

IMG_0924.jpgIMG_0932.jpg

These are pictures of the fish. Seller still can say until even bullets cant touch the fish. In the end when i saw the pictures i saw confirm a goner. As you can see from the picture the cut is too deep. He also prevented my friend from entering the flat by saying there are two big dogs in the house and it is not convenient. I seriously think we should not take advantage of sincere buyers. I have been selling and buying things online and its really sad to see these things happening again.</P>

Dear folks, deeply shock n sad for the buyer & the fish too. But this is serious breach of trust. For the sake of fellow reefing community, i strongly urge the seller to be gentleman enough to come out to clarify and explain this matter without delay.

My tank setting:
Size : 48" x 24" x 24"
Return pump: 1 x Vectra S2, 1 x Eheim 1264
Skimmer: Skimz DC skimmer SV203
Lighting : Maxspect Razor R420R 160W
Chiller : 1hp drop coil compressor
Wave maker : 2 x Nero 5 , 1 x Tunze 6055

Top up : Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

• SRC Member

If the fish is at least swimming in the tank for at least 1 - 2 days and died another day, I would blame my friend for his tank parameters. But the fish arrive in such serious injury, obviously seller is trying to get rid of it not to mention that he did it with a plot, but it is really not right not to show buyers the injury and just bag it and ask buyer to leave. I believe reefers here are here for good deals and not fraud deals.

• SRC Member

Maybe Seller trying to trap fish n accidentally injure the fish.

Maybe buyer injure the fish while releasing the fish.

If fish already half dead n seller got no integrity n still sells it off... then really need to pray for his parents, life partner, Friends and whoever tat knows him. Cos just for a few dollars, can chut this pattern, one wonders when the stakes r higher, how low will one go...

it would be best seller sort this out.

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

• SRC Member

Its not abt the money but the effort to go all the way from west side to kena this kind of treatment and in the end you get excuses like "My house have big dogs, i worry they might bite you, i am just a student, i dun have money to pay you" What is this ???

• SRC Member

Its not abt the money but the effort to go all the way from west side to kena this kind of treatment and in the end you get excuses like "My house have big dogs, i worry they might bite you, i am just a student, i dun have money to pay you" What is this ???

I totally agreed with him.What will u do if u are the victims.u will sure curse and swear.pls be responsible if u want to sell.

-Main Display Tank : 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft c/w sump tank cabinet (Set up by aquarium artist)

-Lightings : 4 sets of 1.5ft mini aqua lumen LED lights (7 high power led 15W)

-Chiller: 1/4HP artica chiller with a standby of HC-100A

-Skimmer : Bubble Magnus 3 (cone)

-Phosphate Reactor

-NP Bio-pellet D&D onceanic hang-on reactor

-Wavemaker : MP10

-Temperature mointor : American Wireless pinpoint thermometer

• SRC Member

Moderator:pls judge the fairness. we are sincere reefer who share hobby and are not con,who sell and disposed "live" things that are not usable to care and share for.

-Main Display Tank : 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft c/w sump tank cabinet (Set up by aquarium artist)

-Phosphate Reactor

My point of view, It is a risk to buy fish that you have not seen as you wun know the condition of the fish, becos in the bag, it might not be clear to see it as it will be in a shock after being transferred..It is best to ask to view anything first unless you know the person well. I will never buy fishes if I cant view the fish unless it is ordered that is another matter altogether..

We can only wait for the seller to reply and answer...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Reply from joey to my friend : Sry bro this issue is not of my fault. You cannot stress the fish out and hope to pin the blame on me. This is extremely irresponsible of you. It could be the stress of travelling, the acclimation process and not to mention you took an mrt from punggol to jurong without air nor proper aeration.

What an excuse ...

Even if stress, it will not be dead so fast from Punggol back to Jurong is only around 1 hour.. I believe the fish is already stress and in bad condition... I believe he didnt even take note about packing the fish right so that there is enough air... Even without a oxygen pumped into the bag, fish can survive for some time is a bag packed properly..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Reply from joey to my friend : Sry bro this issue is not of my fault. You cannot stress the fish out and hope to pin the blame on me. This is extremely irresponsible of you. It could be the stress of travelling, the acclimation process and not to mention you took an mrt from punggol to jurong without air nor proper aeration.

What an excuse ...

If this is the excuse from the seller,then all the majority of the fish exported from other countries will have a "very very" low chance of survival rate.

In Singapore,to transport a fish,it only take less than 2 hrs to travel from east to west by bus.

-Phosphate Reactor

• Moderators

A lesson learnt here.

Personally If i'm the buyer. I will approach the adult who can decide for compensation if the seller claim he is just a student and have no money.

Let the adult know what kind of kid they have!

I hate people who try to cheat on innocent people. Worst is using some kind of shit excuse of being a poor student, etc...

P.S. this is persona post and nothing to do w being a mod. :)

Tom

• SRC Member

A lesson learnt here.

Personally If i'm the buyer. I will approach the adult who can decide for compensation if the seller claim he is just a student and have no money.

Let the adult know what kind of kid they have!

I hate people who try to cheat on innocent people. Worst is using some kind of shit excuse of being a poor student, etc...

P.S. this is persona post and nothing to do w being a mod. :)

Agreed, since the seller is a student, the buyer should talk to seller's parents.

Teh'sTankSetup Decomm on 18/8/2012

Tank: 2x1x1 Rimless Tank (Sumpless)

Lighting: Aquazonic 2x24watts T5 (Actinic x Sun White)

Moonlight: Acardia 1W Led Light (Blue)

Filter: ISTA Max Care Cannister

Skimmer: Bubble Magus E3

Chiller: Resun CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Wave: Boyu WM-25

Commissioned 20/9/2012

Tank: 3x2x2.5

Lighting: 250w DeLighting MH/ 2x 39w Delighting Diy T5 ATI Blue Plus

Skimmer: H&S Skimmer Type 110-F2000

Chiller: CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Reactor: D&D H2Ocean FMR 75 (ADA 1500 Pump)(Rowaphos)

Wavemaker: 2x SunSun Wavemaker (3000L)

Incoming:

Conch ll Basic

ATO System/Tunze Osmolator

Magic Marine 3CH Dosing Pump

The Scribbled Angel is endemic to Australia. Hence it's quite a rarity. Way back in the '80s, they were quite cheap. But nowadays, it's a different story and one should never think of keeping one unless the tank parameters are met. In other words, think b 4 u buy n appreciate the fact one is able to get hold of such rarities. Lastly, don't try to make money out of what u buy. Be thankful, that the local shops can bring in such rare treats. Be ready to sacrifice by selling only to those u know or clench ur teeth and pass it to the shop u purchase from.

Let's not kill this fascinating hobby.