Royston's nano mix tank

Royston

Hi Bro ! Nice Tank !

Btw where can we buy the Ecoxotic PAR 38 LED & the damage ? Lastly yr Hang-on Refugium does it come with any suction pump ? ( or we hv to install one on our own ?) Tks!

Just an update I got a crash abt 1-2wks+ ago after my rbta dissolve & my tank got infested with red slime(never change water for 3wks) only survivors are the purple/white flower pot, pipe organ(my fav) another green flower pot, my cheatos & my strawberry crab. Since then I've restock my tank again these few days and ordered some 120 degree led lens from deal extreme because I feel that the light is too concentrated at the center of the tank from my par38. I'm looking forward to getting the Jebao wp-25 in SG as I do not think I have enough flow for my new chalice.
Oh no. So sorry to hear that. That's the problem with anemones. It took me some time to decide to finally one into my tank and that was after I was certain I don't have anything to mince it. When it is blended, it's best to change as much water as possible. Let us know when your tank stabilizes.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

Hi bro.. Juz wana chk wif u if ur cheoto is multiplying in ur refugium by ur FOC light fr PAR38? Cuz mine seems lik nt doing well using same config as urs.. 1 ting 2 add on tat I hav 2 x casualties slug gt stuck inside the part which the air tube connected. Then I wrap it wif net, so far nomore casualties..

Hi bro.. Juz wana chk wif u if ur cheoto is multiplying in ur refugium by ur FOC light fr PAR38? Cuz mine seems lik nt doing well using same config as urs.. 1 ting 2 add on tat I hav 2 x casualties slug gt stuck inside the part which the air tube connected. Then I wrap it wif net, so far nomore casualties..
Mine are running on my FOC lighting so far every 1-1.5mths must throw/give about a fist full away I got no problem with fish/shrimp getting stuck there currently my refugium is hosting a female strawberry crab which helps to cut/eat some cheatos time to time.

Hi Bro ! Nice Tank ! Btw where can we buy the Ecoxotic PAR 38 LED & the damage ? Lastly yr Hang-on Refugium does it come with any suction pump ? ( or we hv to install one on our own ?) Tks!
Bro, the hang on refugium is "hang on" to the edge of the glass no need for any suction cup/ pump as it is driven by a air pump which we have to buy ourselves. The light can get from Madpetz(3blue 3red) but I got it from a senior forumer here(4 blue for 2 bulbs) (side note the light beam is too concentrated I bought some 120degree lens from dealextreme to change the spread of lights still waiting for them to arrive) the light holder can get cheaper with clip on from other place.

Bro Many Thks for yr prompt reply n great leads on the Par38 LED ! Appreciate !

One question on the Refugium tho cos all along I was assuming it is sort of connected to yr main tank n hung on the side but Pse correct me if I'm wrong !

Lastly what kind of lighting is suitable to promote the growth of Chaeto - T5, LED such as Par38 etc. yr kind advice wld be much appreciated ! Cheers !

In a way it is connected to the main tank as it is using the water from the tank itself.

My strawberry crab was bought in the last Irwarna Hawaii shipment some time ago(super survival survive 2 tank crash).

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my current status. Won the war battling with hair algae with my hard working cleanup crews & lesser feedings. Change 2CW & 2R led optic to wider spread of 120 lens. But the frags I have to remove for now as they will knock them over the next day.

04021EF2-AC7F-4767-B167-062EE8D762EC-120

U can try to glue ur frags. Anyway, your corals seem to be blooming nicely. Gd job.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Not a pro in clam keeping. I feel my corals -marine snow by two little fish & brightwell phytochrom once a week in the night never bother to feed the clam individually.

I believe my led par38 is enough for it & my water been "dirty" enough. I've read that too clean water clams will not be happy that is one of the reason why I never use the BM Q3 I bought yet.

Thanks. This was what it looks like 4days ago.1EEBC67E-7074-414F-9F78-5E1ADB7CEBC5-123
That's algae on the glass or rocks?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Hair algue on the rocks diatom on the substrate.
Ok so how u manage to clean up within 4 days? WC and siphon away diatoms on sandbed & manual pluck all hair algae on rocks?

Ok ok... Forget about ur hardworking and super hungry cleanup crew...lol

• 2 weeks later...

How are things doing now?

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• 2 weeks later...

Doing ok I guess but my tank seems to have problem keeping juv zebra lionfish both (from ah beng) both ko in 2 days 1 by 1. My true perula & my neon goby(Irwana) buy on the same day no problem playing with the old percula inside. Got a frag of duncan from AM's display tank seems to be doing fine too grow out 2 mini heads already but the position is quite near to the fox coral. May have to buy rocks to stack so as to create more place for the "new corals".

• SRC Member

They can get to 7" if I'm not wrong.. Yes 1-1.5 inch can be kept in your tank but I just think it's morally wrong to keep them in a 1ft cube. No offence.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

Yes, I too agree it is morally wrong if they grow into 7inches & someone keep then in a 1ft tank but seems ok if I keep them from young before they grow bigger(as advise from the shop owner & another season reefer's advice).

I was planning to have a bigger tank by end of the year after I move house. All in all they didn't make pass 2days either.

Does sifu out there kept lionfish from young can advise what went wrong? One of ah beng's worker told me someone in SG succeeded in training his lionfish to eat pellet.