My Simple 2ft Setup

• SRC Member

tick tock tick tock... tank has'nt arrived yet...

tank maker just called, said the lorry driver MIA... no transport... sigh~ wasted my half day leave staying at home waiting for nothing.

>>

• SRC Member

probably i'm in bad luck.

He has quite a fair bit of good reviews over here, reputable for his good workmanship etc..

I would not really condemn this tank maker until i have seen his end product.

>>

• SRC Member

He promised to deliver the tank to me in 3 weeks time upon confirmation, and i give him 4 weeks to do. I only courteously drop him a "reminder" of my tank on the 5th and 6th week and this is the 7th week...which he promised to deliver today at 2-3pm.

Now is 5.30 and i still have not seen the sign of him...

>>

• SRC Member

At the end, he arrived at about 6.30 pm...To cut the long story short, he delivered this semi-completed tank to me.

The chiller compartment cabinet (where the chiller location is) not yet installed due to miscalculation. The height is too short.. shorter than the tank. It supposed to be flushed.

Sump not yet delivered. Cabinet doors not yet installed. The one in the cabinet is the reservoir tank which is done by another maker.

Perhaps i have too much of expectation. I thought everything can be completed by today.

Here's the semi-completed tank.

1057972_10151594721188551_1852964656_n_z

>>

• SRC Member

Now let's look at his workmanship...

Glass work is good. Silicone works can be improved.

Carpentry works is so-so. I thought all the edges are ABS. But he told me only the doors are. I will give more marks if the edges are ABS. At least u wont see those awful white lines. He told me he will touch it with black marker. We shall see how.

>>

• SRC Member

Wah... Delivery so late still never do complete.. How can tank come but no sump? And cabinet come no doors.. Alamak.. Really sian to Kena such tank maker.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

lol, the tank maker is not that bad yet lar.. haha just some delay only, which many of us have experienced that i guess.

He does have his merits and pros as well.

Anyway, nothing much will happen until the tank maker came to fix everything on this coming Sunday.. hopefully there will not be any delay again.

>>

Now let's look at his workmanship... Glass work is good. Silicone works can be improved. Carpentry works is so-so. I thought all the edges are ABS. But he told me only the doors are. I will give more marks if the edges are ABS. At least u wont see those awful white lines. He told me he will touch it with black marker. We shall see how.
Actually for carpentry works I ever think of getting back my renovation ID as their worksmanship is better than my tank maker but 3 months after renov completed dunno they entertain ala carte work and also if engage tank maker make tank but not cabinet a bit awkward...

Hi idle69 thanks for your offer.. but i guess nothing much to work on. But you are welcomed to visit me :cheers:

I will just let the tank filled with fresh water and treated with rowaphos / carbon and let it run for few days. Then add salt, sands and live rocks..

Ok I go visit u! Wats ur address? I can bring alone some biostart 2 kick start cycling!

• SRC Member

Hi Angmoh....read your thread just now. I like your set up. However....your situation doesnt sound good. I also had a 2ft cube tank made by CR and everything was delivered in one go. Just curious who is your tank maker? If u dun mind revealing.

l7304smr.jpg

Maybe the tank maker too busy with a lot of other projects??

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Good luck. This sounds familiar of exactly the same experience of 3 other reefers I know whereby the same tank maker took a long time to deliver and when things come its not as per specifications or late and delayed. Multiple trips required and if it taught the reefers one thing.. it was patience! Good luck.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Yep.. i strongly recommend this tank maker to those who are patience enough and looking for good quality tank built.

This tank maker definitely has his merits in terms of his experience. His attitude is also ok, willing to assist you to do something extra, not calculative (perhaps he's guilty for delaying my project)... He is just a one man show, so i'm more forgiving towards him for the delays.

anyway i'v been reefing for the past 10 years (stopped for about few years).. so i'm not that eager to have my tank done up quickly.

>>

• SRC Member

idle69 bro,

you can drop by anytime. I'm staying in CCK area.

The tank maker will come to finish the outstanding works on this coming saturday.. but i guess nothing much we can do at the moment, as i dont think i can fill the tank with water yet.. hv to wait for the glue to dry..

>>