My Simple 2ft Setup

• SRC Member

He promised to deliver the tank to me in 3 weeks time upon confirmation, and i give him 4 weeks to do. I only courteously drop him a "reminder" of my tank on the 5th and 6th week and this is the 7th week...which he promised to deliver today at 2-3pm.

Now is 5.30 and i still have not seen the sign of him...

Hi bro... Sorry to hear about this. I've been rather inactive, however, after reading your tank thread I have to comment on this. Guess what, both you and I share a very similar experience. My guess is that we have the same tank maker. The only difference was mine was a 4ft tank and yours, a 2ft. It happened 2 years ago and it was my first major tank upgrade, I wanted to get a reliable tank maker. A date was fixed, which was eventually postponed twice, and when the tank finally came, the sump was still not ready. (mind you I was the one who did all the following-up and chasing, I had to adjust my time to suit his).

That being said, I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was a busy man, until I heard similar experiences from fellow reefing friends on his very poor time management. Anyway, my tank turned out good (at least for mine, cant say the same for some of my reefing friends), lasted 2 years or so and still going strong. Minus points for very poor time management, and the trouble I had to go through with all the chasing and arrangement on dates.

Lastly just a tip for you, if possible, ask for warranty for your tank. Mine had none, and it was a bad oversight on my part. Happy Reefing bro!

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

alright guys let's look forward to this sunday ! Hopefully everything can be completed by then and kick off my tank cycling !

Hi bro angmoh, today is the day!!! Hope everything go smoothly swee swee for u

• SRC Member

just called he will be late.. blaming on the bad weather...

now loading the stuff onto his vehicle (i hope he wont forget to bring this and that)...

waiting for him to come...

>>

Pretty normal i guess but very nice guy and always there to help without complaining.

2 FEET CUBE REEF DISCO(60cmx60cmx60cm)

TOTAL 286 LITERS WITH SUMP

LIGHTS:PHAROS LED 90 WATTS WITH WIRELESS CONTROLLER

RETURN PUMP:EHEIM 1260
CHILLER:HAILEA 150A + EHEIM COMPACT 1000 WITH EXT TEMP CONTROLLER
WAVEMAKER:JEBAO WP25
REACTOR:TLF PHOSBAN REACTOR 150 WITH EHEIM 600(ROWAPHOS)
SKIMMER:H&H S150 WITH AQUABEE 2000/1

MEDIA:BACTERIA KING

GLASS CLEANER:ALGAE FREE PIRANHA FLOAT WITH EASY BLADE

ATO:TUNZE NANO OSMOLATOR 3152

RO/DI PURIFIER:ZeRO EX5 - RO/DI ULTRA 200 WITH HM DIGITAL DM-1 IN-LINE DUAL TDS METER

I think most of us oredi would have guess who is he... :eyebrow:

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Sorry....i dun have such patience....if a gal make me wait like that...my lj confirmed turn soft coral....

haha, this is a good one..

And we don't want to ruin his business.... Nice guy.

Sent from my GT-N7005 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Agree... however, i will give my fair reviews of this tank maker after he has completed my tank...

As of today, about 90% of the tank is completed. The cabinet doos are oversized, need to re-do, some minor piping works yet to be completed. I will post some photos after my breakfast.

>>

• SRC Member

lol 2nd round and it ain't complete? I would suggest that you withhold payment until all is complete. For me, my payment terms was that I paid 50% upfront and then I paid the rest of the 50% a WEEK after it was completed to make sure everything was ok. Rather than the LFS asking me for payment, they told me to WAIT until everything is confirm ok then pay them. :) THat's the way to go in a service industry.

I feel that if time management and resources is not being managed properly by your vendor, it's not your problem. It's up to the vendor to prioritise and plan. AS a customer, we have all the right to demand for things done right. Yes a level of error can be endured but not when multiple trips have to be done. Your time is also precious, your money is also precious. And if you have to keep on waiting and waiting and things aren't delivered right, that's wrong too. AS a business person, be professional and don't give excuses of why late la, wrong la etc. That's not a customer's problem. We can be understanding but up to a certain point that we do not need to hear about don't know what story, dio bo?

Hope that your whole setup will be done up right by the 3rd visit. Your setup looks very simple. I don't see why so many trips are needed. Kudos to you.

• Like 1

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Quite obvious who's the maker already. But i would say he's a very nice friendly fellow but a little forgetful so only for patient people.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Quite obvious who's the maker already. But i would say he's a very nice friendly fellow but a little forgetful so only for patient people.

how can you tell ? the piping works?

>>

• SRC Member

Only tank maker like him will accept the idea of having a pipe sticking out at the back of the tank.....

Sorry mate, that was my idea :) there's an outlet at the bottom for water change. In fact, i will remove the pipe and replace it with a cap.

17495_10151605954868551_929608511_n.jpg?

998659_10151605954968551_1387220737_n.jp

>>