YT eating P**

I've been feeding my YT with nori (main diet) and brine and mysis shrimps soaked in Garlic... sometimes with cyclopeeze as well.

I just noticed a strange behaviour from my YT...

This chap eats its own excretion!!! I've not really seen anyone posted with regards to this...

Is this normal??? The excretion is soft. Not that i touch it lah, but it looks as if its soft, coz it breaks up immediately when out of the YT's eh... "back-end"...(for lack of a better word)

Alot of animals do that for a 2nd round of digestion to occur. Not sure if that is what the YT wants or that it is just plain dumb. :lol:

Just look at rabbits. They can easily starve to death if you prevent them from eating their own poo.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Alot of animals do that for a 2nd round of digestion to occur. Not sure if that is what the YT wants or that it is just plain dumb. :lol:

Just look at rabbits. They can easily starve to death if you prevent them from eating their own poo.

haha... sure hope its not an abnormal behaviour (e.g. insufficient food from me)

im trying to control its diet leh! this bugger has been eating and eating nonstop!

rabbits aside, have you seen any YT, or for that matter, any marine fish that eats its own poo??

hope this is not a bad syndrome....

I don't think the fishes know it is their own poo in the first place. Since their eyes are located so far away from their vent. They might just think that their poo is another potential food particle.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

I don't think the fishes know it is their own poo in the first place. Since their eyes are located so far away from their vent. They might just think that their poo is another potential food particle.

well... it makes sense...

see whether other YT owners have experience this situation...

maybe i will put more nori before i go work.